FS - Complete Hardtop Assy. for 94-04 Mustang/Cobra Convertible - OEM 1995 2-Top

waynenorcross

Established Member
hardtop

I can't believe that not once but twice somebody decided to sell their hardtop instead of keeping it with the car. The hardtop is what makes the 499 cars so rare! Either that or two of the 499 two-top cars out there have now been totalled! I would offer this up on Ebay. I consider my spare '94/95 Cobra trunklid/spoiler to be rare and there must be 10,000 of them out there on cars still.

Noeboy

Established Member
Robert I let you pass it (the top) on to Jasiu but I'm still interested in the stand and seal and the other Cobra parts you have for sale for the Modded 95 two top cobra I just sealed the deal on buying for $7,000.00 instead of the 94 black on white GT vert.I'll be up in central fl. friday I'll call you then when I'm in Kissimmee.thanks George

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I can't believe that not once but twice somebody decided to sell their hardtop instead of keeping it with the car. The hardtop is what makes the 499 cars so rare! Either that or two of the 499 two-top cars out there have now been totalled! I would offer this up on Ebay. I consider my spare '94/95 Cobra trunklid/spoiler to be rare and there must be 10,000 of them out there on cars still.

The history of the two spare Hardtops, as told to me, by the people who sold them to me..........................

The first spare Hardtop I bought, came from Ohio (I think). This Hardtop was owned by a person who sold their 2-Top, but the buyer could not quite come up with the total $$$ for the purchase. The seller offered to keep the Hardtop and the agreement was that the buyer could buy it at a later time when the funds were available. The seller kept the Hardtop for 6 months, and ran into the buyer at a store. The buyer told him that he would not be able to buy the Hardtop, so the seller put it up for sale, and through a second hand contact, I bought it and had it shipped to Fl.

The second spare Hardtop has a completely different history. This 2-Top was totalled, it was hit by a train. The Hardtop was not on the Cobra at the time of the accident, but instead stored in a spare bedroom on its dolly. Again, through second hand knowledge, I found this Hardtop and since I had purchased a second 2-Top Cobra, I bought this second top (and dolly), and had it shipped from NY to Fl.

Yes, you are exactly right, the Cobra 2-Top, at just 499 built is so rare!! Without all of these items fully functioning on an original 2-Top Cobra, the value is much deminished. That is why I felt it wise to have a spare parts inventory for such a rare car, if nothing else for just the seals, weatherstrips and latches.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Rob Did you Ever Sell it (the top)and the extra cradle??????????

I currently have an $1800 deposit on the Hardtop and all of my extra Hardtop parts. This buyer has been searching for a factory Ford Mustang/Cobra Removable Hardtop for 2 years and just happened to see my listing somewhere on the internet. This person also has a Saleen Speedster and wants to use the extra storage dolly to store his Speedster cover when it is not on the car. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Robert

95GT2TOP

Established Member
Hi Robert,
I know this post is going to sound like it's 3 years too late, but I'm desperately trying to find and replace my Hardtop Cart. Wound you have any idea where I might find one? Or by chance you still have one?
I really appreciate it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi Robert,
I know this post is going to sound like it's 3 years too late, but I'm desperately trying to find and replace my Hardtop Cart. Wound you have any idea where I might find one? Or by chance you still have one?
I really appreciate it.

The only hardtop specific part that I have left is one of the flat plastic textured panels that goes on the front or rear side of the hardtop dolly. This would be the flat plastic panel that bridges the two sides together.

R

95GT2TOP

Established Member
The only hardtop specific part that I have left is one of the flat plastic textured panels that goes on the front or rear side of the hardtop dolly. This would be the flat plastic panel that bridges the two sides together.

R

OMG that was a fast response!
Any idea where I might be able to find one? Mine was stolen 10 years ago out of my driveway. I'm really looking to replace it.
Another reason I'm looking for the Ford Part and not an aftermarket part is because, I have one of the Factory 95 GT Convertible/Hardtop
And Thanks again, Wow you're fast lol

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
OMG that was a fast response!
Any idea where I might be able to find one? Mine was stolen 10 years ago out of my driveway. I'm really looking to replace it.
Another reason I'm looking for the Ford Part and not an aftermarket part is because, I have one of the Factory 95 GT Convertible/Hardtop
And Thanks again, Wow you're fast lol

No, I have been out of the loop on the 2-Top stuff after I sold my two 2-Tops.

The GT with that option is quite rare!

R

95GT2TOP

Established Member
No, I have been out of the loop on the 2-Top stuff after I sold my two 2-Tops.

The GT with that option is quite rare!

R
I do thank you for your time and help though.

Yes it's very rare. The dealership I bought it from had 3 removable hardtop mustangs. A Black Cobra, A Deep Forest Green GT, and a White V6. I got the GT. Funny too, The person who bought the V6 didn't want the Hardtop. By the time the SVT Cobras started to sell Ford wanted VIN #'s in order to sell the top separately. So the White Hardtop sat at the dealership for years.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I do thank you for your time and help though.

Yes it's very rare. The dealership I bought it from had 3 removable hardtop mustangs. A Black Cobra, A Deep Forest Green GT, and a White V6. I got the GT. Funny too, The person who bought the V6 didn't want the Hardtop. By the time the SVT Cobras started to sell Ford wanted VIN #'s in order to sell the top separately. So the White Hardtop sat at the dealership for years.

I had a somewhat large collection of magazine and Ford literature information on the 2-Tops (as much as I could find). I remember seeing a Red GT, a Yellow GT and the White V6 in early pre-production Ford information. I had some conversation with the then current owner of the Yellow GT 2-Top.

R

95GT2TOP

Established Member
I had a somewhat large collection of magazine and Ford literature information on the 2-Tops (as much as I could find). I remember seeing a Red GT, a Yellow GT and the White V6 in early pre-production Ford information. I had some conversation with the then current owner of the Yellow GT 2-Top.

R

Do you know how long it took me to figure out that the brake handle on a standard Mustang was plastic? I thought everyone had a leather wrapped brake handle like mine.
The other thing that got me was all the SVT guys got the production certificate. All I got was a video and that's been long since stretched out and unplayable.
Did you ever use the anti rattle straps? They were absolutely worthless. I thought they would hurt the soft top springs more then doing any good.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Do you know how long it took me to figure out that the brake handle on a standard Mustang was plastic? I thought everyone had a leather wrapped brake handle like mine.
The other thing that got me was all the SVT guys got the production certificate. All I got was a video and that's been long since stretched out and unplayable.
Did you ever use the anti rattle straps? They were absolutely worthless. I thought they would hurt the soft top springs more then doing any good.

When you say the "anti-rattle straps" are you talking about those elastic straps with the clips for the hooks on the soft-top?

R

Users who are viewing this thread