Fuel mpgs??

C_J

Established Member
I have an 08 with a 2.8kb, long tubes and 3.73s. By the average mpgs on the dash I'm getting 26mpgs with mostly hwy driving. I was wondering what type of mpgs yall were seeing?

C_J

Established Member
this is what i was thinking, I guess the 331 to 373 swap screwed up the computer somehow. The tuner got the speedo dead on at least... lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
this is what i was thinking, I guess the 331 to 373 swap screwed up the computer somehow. The tuner got the speedo dead on at least... lol

Try disconnecting the battery for a min an put it back on to reset every thing

Poppacapp

Established Member
mixed city/hwy on mine averages about 16. All highway I can get 23 or so in 6th gear. This is with 2.6 upper and tune.

SuperFly03

Established Member
16 with my mods. Dip into the throttle even a little bit and the mileage goes to hell in a hand basket REAL quick. Thing sucks gas like no tomorrow.

Gotta love it.

Balancing out all the Prius'es out there.

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
mixed city/hwy on mine averages about 16. All highway I can get 23 or so in 6th gear. This is with 2.6 upper and tune.

This is pretty much where I'm at too. I guess I'm usually 15.+ish. I have an honest mix of highway and city driving for most days, its literally halfway of each.

Mopower

Established Member
I have an 08 with a 2.8kb, long tubes and 3.73s. By the average mpgs on the dash I'm getting 26mpgs with mostly hwy driving. I was wondering what type of mpgs yall were seeing?

Since installing my 2.8 KB with the Lund initial tune MPG on the dash has been in the 11 mpg range. Maybe I've got my foot in it to often ! I'm working on the remote tune now and haven't ever calculated it after filling up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
16 with my mods. Dip into the throttle even a little bit and the mileage goes to hell in a hand basket REAL quick. Thing sucks gas like no tomorrow.

Gotta love it.

Balancing out all the Prius'es out there.

On the road course it will suck the gas like no tomorrow. :burnout:

I get about 17-20 on the highway depending on how fast I'm going.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
About 14.5~15.3 with a mix of city and highway with my mods.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you had a gear change, with no change in the tune to compensate, your mpg is reading wrong.

You should only expect at 14 city/hwy mix and 19 hwy (only 100% hwy long trips) with 3.73 gears and your KB setup.

Last edited:

Alloy Snake

Established Member
I get 6-8mpg city and 15-16 highway,The low fuel light comes on within 20 miles of a fill up which is a constant agrivation ,Thats with 3.31 gears.

Users who are viewing this thread