Full bolt on 05+ GT finds out the hard way

BayareaSS

Established Member
So i was at hang out tonight and decided to cruise home. It just so happens a full bolt on s197 GT that i've seen around goes home at the same time. We both play around for a while until the the freeway opens up.
I do the 3 honks and were off, i instantly pull a car and just keep on pulling. We went from 55-120 and i ended up about 2-2.5 cars ahead

I know the GT is full bolt ons because he is good friends with my friend. I thought i was going to have my hands full with this one but the SS never fails me!

I have bolt ons as well.

quikcobra

Established Member
i bet the gt was auto. and by full bolt ons probly means since he doesnt know. "he heard" the guy has intake and exhaust. i ran ss's before not impresive in any way (bolt-oned) now when heads cams ect.. nasty but not with just bolt ons.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I mean he has....intake, C&C plates, pulleys, shorty headers, mid-pipe, axel back and 4.10 gears.

So yes i do know his mods but didn't feel like posting all of them. SVT members are always trying to find a way to call bs

quikcobra

Established Member
hey my 99 is a termi now. but i do call b/s but i really dont care. he had to be auto. for you to pull 3 cars and 1 off the jump. esp if he had 4.10's

i wish i had a video of all the vettes, camaro, and t/a that call me out and show them those stang tail lights pull away in the distance. they claim great times but i never seen them with out them being cammed out ect..
and they always have excusses when they loose.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The man said 1 off the jump and ended up 2-2.5 ahead.

Bolt on 05+GT= 12sec car.
Bolt on SS= 12sec car.
Makes it a good drivers race.
You sound like a arrogant Terminator owner.
I got a Auto chevy you can run. And it only cost me about 9K. lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. This can be a tough crowd to please at times. Oh and if you SS has never failed you, you haven't run into a whole lot yet.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good kill. Some of you guys obviously don't have friends with F-bods. An LS1 with full bolt-ons, full weight is a high 11, low 12 car at 113-115 on street radials. A bolt-on cam only(no Head work) will run low 120's. Sorry a 4.6 N/A full bolt-on is not going to hang, especially with the mph unless serious weight reduction is used. And from a roll mph is where it is at. Seriously have you ever looked at an LSX head????? I'm a Ford guy, but an LS1 is nothing to take lightly.

For instance, my Mach is a low 13 car with the bolt-ons it has. If I had an LS1 6 speed with the same bolton's(CAI, tune, Ypipe, catback) I'd be 12.6's at 110-111. But I'm a Ford guy, so I have a Mach. Some of you guys are so blind to what other cars can do.

Last edited:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I mean he has....intake, C&C plates, pulleys, shorty headers, mid-pipe, axel back and 4.10 gears.

So yes i do know his mods but didn't feel like posting all of them. SVT members are always trying to find a way to call bs

Good kill, probably would have been closer from a dig. His gears would have shined then. Its hard to beat the top end of a ls1.:beer:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
there is no b.s. to call hear, the fact of the matter is ls1 cars are bad ass. i have a couple friends with ls1 camaros and trans ams and have personally seen a trans am with a cat back and drag radials run 12.6 @ 111, that is impressive. good kill man!

Users who are viewing this thread