Full bolt on 05+ GT finds out the hard way

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Only mods the 05 Has that are worth a damn are 4:10s Intake, and Midpipe. What mods do you run? from a slow roll or dig it would of been an ok race it sounds like

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Full bolt on S197 is a low 12 second car at full weight in good air.
I ran 12.46 with a canned tune before going F/I.
Mine didn't even have CMRC delete plates which are good for nearly 2/10th or the Aluminum driveshaft which saves 30lbs of rotating mass.
I ran with factory wheels and BFG Drag Radials.

Exact rundown is as follows.

13.65 stock
13.25 C&L Street intake and Diablosport Predator 93 Octane canned tune.
12.95 BFG Drag Radials
12.85 Steeda U/D Pullies
12.69 JBA Longtube Headers and Catted H-Pipe
12.46 4.10 Gears

I wouldn't take anything away from an LS1 since I know someone running low 11's N/A in street trim and someone else running 9.97 with an N/A 383.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Misc/Abare997.wmv

JoePac

Established Member
Do you know how much horsepower difference he would have to have to put 2 1/2 cars on somebody from 55-110? Not, saying that a ls1 can't beat a full bolt on geared 05' but 2 1/2 cars from 55-110? with only bolt on's. So if a geared/bolt on 05' can run say high 12's, then that bolt on only z28 can run mid 11's?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Do you know how much horsepower difference he would have to have to put 2 1/2 cars on somebody from 55-110? Not, saying that a ls1 can't beat a full bolt on geared 05' but 2 1/2 cars from 55-110? with only bolt on's. So if a geared/bolt on 05' can run say high 12's, then that bolt on only z28 can run mid 11's?

Considering at 100mph a car length is roughly .1 it would pretty much be like a 12.5 car beating a 12.9 car in the 1/4 mile.

Not unthinkable knowing how well the LS1 pulls top end.

2 cars ~ .2

Think about it.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Nice kill!!!

Bay Area SS has been a member here for quite a while and has posted up a win which is very believable.......To the guy with the 99 Cobra, I wonder how fast your car would be with external bolt-ons? I don't think it's right to put down someones car and say they are not impressive just because it's not in the same ET/trap neighborhood as your built-blown Cobra....

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice kill!!!

Bay Area SS has been a member here for quite a while and has posted up a win which is very believable.......To the guy with the 99 Cobra, I wonder how fast your car would be with external bolt-ons? I don't think it's right to put down someones car and say they are not impressive just because it's not in the same ET/trap neighborhood as your built-blown Cobra....

x2...

I am going to slap on a blower and mod the piss out of my car so I can stop being impressed with 4Vs. :loser:

JMD0346

Established Member
x2...

I am going to slap on a blower and mod the piss out of my car so I can stop being impressed with 4Vs. :loser:

Yeah thats just ignorant shit to say. Im ford. I dont car what the general comes out with but i do know and respects whats fast. LS's are bad ass motors. I dont care for the chariot they ride in but thats just my opinion. LOL

Some of you pricks act like everything is a perfect computer simulated event. Hell you could have two cars that run identical time. Onegets a slight, almost unseen jump and can make a 2 car difference. Especially cars capable of the times these cars are.

JoePac

Established Member
Considering at 100mph a car length is roughly .1 it would pretty much be like a 12.5 car beating a 12.9 car in the 1/4 mile.

Not unthinkable knowing how well the LS1 pulls top end.

2 cars ~ .2

Think about it.

How do you figure? Damn with that math a zo6 would put 13 car lenghts on a shelby in a 1/4 mile zo6 11.6 shelby 12.9, you need to recalculate buddy.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I dont understand the bs calls but it doesn't surprise me. The GT was a 5 speed. Thanks to the guys that aren't bias. I have no reason to lie.

I should of just sprayed his ass and see what kind of excuses some of u would come up with.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Good kill ss, but remember this is svt performance not Ls1= God.com, so some guys are going to give you a hard time one way or another

JoePac

Established Member
I dont understand the bs calls but it doesn't surprise me. The GT was a 5 speed. Thanks to the guys that aren't bias. I have no reason to lie.

I should of just sprayed his ass and see what kind of excuses some of u would come up with.

Next time bring a cam, nobody thinks that you didn't win, Sh@t those 05 n/a's with out nitrous or s/c aren't to tough, but when you run a car and put 2 1/2 car lenghts on them, then you should be makeing 100 rwhp more then them are weigh alot lighter then them. So what I called b/s on, is maybe the 05' did not have 4.10's and all the bolt on's.:beer:

C6 Vette

Established Member
Next time bring a cam, nobody thinks that you didn't win, Sh@t those 05 n/a's with out nitrous or s/c aren't to tough, but when you run a car and put 2 1/2 car lenghts on them, then you should be makeing 100 rwhp more then them are weigh alot lighter then them. So what I called b/s on, is maybe the 05' did not have 4.10's and all the bolt on's.:beer:

If he had 100 more rwhp he would have obliterated him......There is a 100rwhp difference between a C6Z and my base C6 and I'm sure from a roll race from second to the top of fourth he would put alot more than 2 1/2 cars on me...........2 1/2 cars is'nt much, which can be done with a minor hp advantage....provided both drivers are equal and there is'nt a wide disparity in weight difference..

BayareaSS

Established Member
If he had 100 more rwhp he would have obliterated him......There is a 100rwhp difference between a C6Z and my base C6 and I'm sure from a roll race from second to the top of fourth he would put alot more than 2 1/2 cars on me...........2 1/2 cars is'nt much, which can be done with a minor hp advantage....provided both drivers are equal and there is'nt a wide disparity in weight difference..
I dont think 2.5 cars is that much. But i can't satisfy everyone.

C6 Vette

Established Member
I dont think 2.5 cars is that much. But i can't satisfy everyone.

When you post a kill against a Ford with a non-Ford car on a Ford site you will get alot of ppl getting into the "formula" of disecting, trying anyway possible to discredit your kill by digging out the calculater on weight,power,drag coefficientcy,gearing.............But the most important thing "driver mod" seems to be overlooked.....Not saying that was the deciding factor of this outcome.. Just in genral..

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned

These two cars are within 10rwhp of eachother. I'm obviously the better driver and I pull 2 - 2 1/2 cars from 35-130:
http://media.putfile.com/Tyler-vs-Ghost

OP, good kill man :beer: You must be pulling some 108-110 mph traps.

rocket5979

Established Member
well...he's got a built 99 cobra...that being said ... I have tremendous respect for the LS-1's.

Having a "built" anything doesn't warrant a person acting like an ass. Qwikcobra needs to show a little respect...Heck, he doesn't even need to go that far! Just do not disrespect someone; especially when he wasn't there and doesn't have a clue about any of those two cars.

Some of you people really need to have a reality check and leave your "Thats BS" attitudes at the door occasionally. Internet shit talkers are the worst kind of pussy.

Users who are viewing this thread