Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 14" front SN-95 Brembo brake conversion kits now available

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Troy:

It's clear that your pistons are centered on the pads. That was my main concern. So you cannot run our 14" SN-95 rotor assemblies. That's the bad news. The good news is you can run one of the six choices of our S-197 2 pc lightweight rotors. We have two versions, bolt together FT 9108 and floating FT 9120. There are three choices of each design, lightweight drag race, street and HD road race. All which can be found on our S-197 brake order page:

Mustang S-197 Brake Parts

SVT_Troy

Established Member
You got me there Bruce, when I started reading your post i instantly got disappointed until you continued on!

Are there any advantages/drawbacks to the S-197 over the SN-95? Looks like more weight?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
You got me there Bruce, when I started reading your post i instantly got disappointed until you continued on!

Are there any advantages/drawbacks to the S-197 over the SN-95? Looks like more weight?

The drawback to the S-197 version is increased rotating mass and unsprung weight without any increase in braking leverage.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I can live with an extra 8 pounds if I have to. I need to weigh the rotors I have now. They are pretty fricking heavy.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
That doesn't look like my kit.

Btw Bruce. I believe I might have sold the original pads out of my lot to you. Was that you? If so, does that help you figure out if your disc will work?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I can live with an extra 8 pounds if I have to. I need to weigh the rotors I have now. They are pretty fricking heavy.

Troy:

If they are the Ford OEM Brembos they weight just over 25# each.

That doesn't look like my kit.

Btw Bruce. I believe I might have sold the original pads out of my lot to you. Was that you? If so, does that help you figure out if your disc will work?

Shane:

I don't think I bought any pads from you? :shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We are offering a Fall special of a 10% discount on these kits when paid with a check. This saves us Pay-Pal and CC fees and we are passing that savings on to our customers.

This offer will be good for October and November.

PM me if you have any questions.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Nolimit

Established Member
How much of an improvement over stock? I know a lot but....how much better and how would they compare to a 14" 6 piston caliper set up? Not questioning FTBR at all, I know you guys know your shit and make great products.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Unbelievable difference!! If I had to guess I would say over 50% better.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
How much of an improvement over stock? I know a lot but....how much better and how would they compare to a 14" 6 piston caliper set up? Not questioning FTBR at all, I know you guys know your shit and make great products.

The improvement over stock 13" PBR two piston floating set up is going to be remarkable. :eek: I can remember before I upgraded the OEM four piston 13" Y2KR Brembo brakes on my 2000 Cobra R, (which were SIGNIFICANTLY better brakes than the two piston floating PBR's) I could barely keep up with the Z06 Corvettes on track in the braking zones. They were hurting me bad and I did not take that well. :( But once I upgraded the front brakes to this VERY SAME 14" Brembo kit, those Z06 Corvettes were baby food in the braking zones. I could ride their asses like a 6 O'clock bogey. :banana:

A 6 piston caliper is going to be significantly more money. Will it apply more pressure, yes. But braking leverage, created by increased diameter, is WAY more important than pressure. You'll pay a LOT more for a 6 piston set-up and hardly notice the difference over this kit.

FWIW

weaselp1

Established Member
The improvement over stock 13" PBR two piston floating set up is going to be remarkable. :eek: I can remember before I upgraded the OEM four piston 13" Y2KR Brembo brakes on my 2000 Cobra R, (which were SIGNIFICANTLY better brakes than the two piston floating PBR's) I could barely keep up with the Z06 Corvettes on track in the braking zones. They were hurting me bad and I did not take that well. :( But once I upgraded the front brakes to this VERY SAME 14" Brembo kit, those Z06 Corvettes were baby food in the braking zones. I could ride their asses like a 6 O'clock bogey. :banana:

A 6 piston caliper is going to be significantly more money. Will it apply more pressure, yes. But braking leverage, created by increased diameter, is WAY more important than pressure. You'll pay a LOT more for a 6 piston set-up and hardly notice the difference over this kit.

FWIW

I have the front 14inch kit and the rear 13inch kit...these kits are absolutely amazing. Probably the best mod I have done to date. :banana:

weaselp1

Established Member
How big of a wheel is required to run this?

I have 18inch wheels on mine and it fits fine, but I am not sure if it will fit on a 17inch rim. (most likely it wont)

There are templates out there that you can print and match to your wheel to see if it will clear. Google Brembo Grand Turismo template and you should be able to get one.

This kit is interchangeable with the Brembo GT kit, performs just as well (my friend with a Brembo GT kit and I had a test one day, all stops were within 3 -5 feet of each other with me stopping first actually) and is much cheaper than a Brembo GT kit.

Good luck! :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We are currently offering a 10% off Fall Special on these 14" Brembo brake kits when paid for with a check until December 1st. This payment method saves us Pay-Pal and CC fees and we are passing that savings along to our customers.

Keep in mind these 'street' kits not only step up your front brakes to 'big boy' 14", you can also reduce front unsprung weight and rotating mass by almost 5# total as compared to the OEM one pc. 13" rotors. 4.84# to be exact. This is due to the 2 pc floating rotor design with the 2 pc floating rotor design. Even the massive optional road race rotor set only adds 0.72# per rotor.

We have a limited supply of these so if you have been eyeing these, I suggest you don't hesitate.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We have some sad news regarding these most awesome SN-95 14" front Brembo brake conversion kits. Our supply of the Brembo calipers is going to run out very soon. We expect to be out of the calipers before the end of the year. When the calipers run out, that's the end of the supply and there won't be any more.

Of course we will still be able to offer replacement parts like rotors, attaching bobbins, hats, pads and the like, we just won't be able to get any more of the calipers unfortunately.

We are still offering 10% off the price of these kits until December first.

If you've been looking at this kit I suggest you make your move while we still have parts.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
I want bigger brakes, but I also want to keep my OEM 17" wheels. Am I stuck with the 2000 Cobra R brake kit?

Users who are viewing this thread