Fury & gone girl

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Gonna see Fury this weekend, and likely The Judge after.

Gone Girl was ****ing crazy. I did not read the book but my gf did, she went into it expecting that it would be good but not as good as the book (like most movies). She was blown away. They did the movie the best anyone could do based on that book, she said there was only very small things they changed but other than that it was executed perfectly.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
A lot of good movies out right now. I want to see both of those, along with the Equalizer.

Jbstang87

Established Member
Equalizer was just ok. Cookie cutter crime revenge story with a guy working at home depot. I'd pass.

Fury is the new king of war movies. Awesome. But I really want to watch interstellar next. I guess ill catch john wick in the meantime

TorchMach

Established Member
Wife and I saw Gone Girl. As others have said it was unexpectedly a great movie. Neither of us expected it to be anything like it is. Neither of us read the book before. I really want to watch Fury. Might go see it next week.

That's how I went in, I thought it was going to be a dumb "wife got murdered blah blah movie" but nope.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Went to see Gone Girl last weekend with the wifey...solid. Neither of us had read the novel yet, but it delivered. Best movie we've seen in awhile. I don't think spending $30 or so on a few movie tickets is worth it for 90% of movies out nowadays, but that was a very good movie

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I'm skeptical about movies being great when they have Ben Affleck or Keanu Reeves in leading rolls.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Fury was great and I'll own it when it comes out, but I can't put it above SPR. SPR almost felt like a documentary because it was so realistic, you felt like you were in the middle of the despair and hatred both sides felt (a lot like Lone Survivor) and it's one of about 5 movies to bring me to tears every time I watch it.

Fury felt more like a bit of Inglorious Basterds mixed with SPR, still a great movie, but there were some hokey parts that seemed to be inserted for no other reason than to lighten the mood. Not saying every WWII movie should be utterly depressing and serious 100% of the time, but SPR moved me more because of that.

I will agree it was Pitt's best performance since Fight Club though.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I went and saw The Judge this weekend....great flick!

Fury is next!

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Read Gone Girl a long time ago and don't remember much other than that I liked the story and I'll be going to see it for sure. Also plan on seeing Fury, John Wick and the Equalizer

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Just got out of the theaters from Fury. If you haven't seen this movie and you're a WWII nerd like me, GO SEE IT NOW. One of the best movies I've ever seen

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Huge Brad Pitt fan over here too and I would say this is his best performance yet. Better then Fight Club or Snatch which I thought were his best previously.

Man, is it that good? I thought FC and Snatch were his two best roles too lol

Users who are viewing this thread