Future Resale Value of the Terminator

DJG

Established Member
So, being that I'm in the process of a possible termi purchase, I'm curious where you all think the resale value of this model is going to go in the future. Considering the fact that the GT500 is the "replacement" for the terminator and it will continue to decrease in value, effectively driving the value of the terminator down, I'm wondering how big of a hit you all think these cars are going to take in the next couple of years.

I've already seen a couple of GT500s going for $35-36k, and wouldn't be surprised if they dropped down to around $30k by the end of next summer. That being said, there are still KB and Whipple charged 03-04s selling for $25k and more, in some cases. Does anyone think the market value for a low mileage, modded or unmodded, solid condition termi is going to drop down below the $15k mark in the near future?

I personally can't see them dropping too low at any point in time as it's such a capable vehicle. Unlike the SN95 and New Edge Cobras, they kind of fit into the same category as the Buick GN, 4th Gen Camaro SS, Fox body Cobras, etc. As long as it's clean, low mileage and/or modded correctly, I think they'll always hold their value as sort of a collector's item/cheaper supercar.

Opinions?

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
For resale, keep it as stock as possible or save all the original parts to put back on. Sell the mods seperate. These cars aren't exactly investments but they have held their value well.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I personally can't see them dropping too low at any point in time as it's such a capable vehicle. Unlike the SN95 and New Edge Cobras, they kind of fit into the same category as the Buick GN, 4th Gen Camaro SS, Fox body Cobras, etc. As long as it's clean, low mileage and/or modded correctly, I think they'll always hold their value as sort of a collector's item/cheaper supercar.
this is my opinion

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Some people are still paying $23-25,000 for mint ones with under 20,000 miles. Now these cobras were about $35,000 new. So after 7 years a low mileage, mint condition one has only dropped $10-12,000 in value. Some people on this site might not agreed that they are still worth that though.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Like so many things in today's world, I'm afraid we may be living on borrowed time...

I know I've gotten my money's worth out of mine over the last 7 years! :)

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
I think unfortunetly its going to continue to drop. Since cobras are selling for 17K + nonone is going to pay much more than the 'cheapest' they saw another selling for. IMO.

I bought mine with 28k miles 2 years ago for 25,000. Now id be luckly to get 17k if i sold.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I keep saying this..
Wait ten years if you can. If not, get ready to be ass-raped.
Bought the car new for 30k cash. Spent another 30k (at least) on mods. I can't look at the receipts with severe heart pain.
Jeff

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Yep - in 30-40 years maybe, collectors items.

I don't think it will take that long.
All the kids, dumb parents of kids who turned over the keys to an inexperienced potential hot rod driver will see to that.

Anybody taken a Terminator head count lately?
Jeff

Last edited:

DJG

Established Member
Yep - in 30-40 years maybe, collectors items.

As I said in my original post, I think it will be in the same category as the GN/GNX, Fox Body Cobra, etc. It will be a collector car which will hold a good amount of value, but will likely not start GAINING value for quite a while. In other words, I could see solid condition terminators still going for $15k+ in 10 years.

Hawwk11

Established Member
I think termi's wont drop as fas anymore than they already have, since they are termi's. Thats the point, there arent any others. While the gt500's are really nice, alot of guys prefer the boby style of the 03-04 models.

In ref to you mentioning $15k, about two weeks ago there was a dealer in vegas that had a nice mint blk vert going for $15,500 with 60k mi. I was going to purchase it but someone beat me to it.

d-nice

Established Member
I think that the productions numbers on the termi's will keep the values up. The total production of 03-04 is near 19K units. How many GT500's have they made?

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I would say they hold there value quite well for a 7-8 year old car. The limited production helps with that and the fact they are just plain awesome.. I would say the value will be as good as the condition.

lx347cid

Established Member
well I paid $26.5K for my 03 Cobra 6 months ago.
Yes its alot but it was mint with 8K miles on it and it was what I wanted with no mods and exact color in black like I wanted.
Plus it was sitting on a dealers showroom floor so another reason I paid a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread