Garage Heater

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I've always been an LB White fan for box or torpedo style heaters and a Modine (Hot Dawg) fan for hanging units. A 60k btu hot dawg is gonna run you about 500 to 600 bucks usually.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Bob - I was going to post the second one up, but I was looking for something that he could plug straight into the wall (120v) instead of having an electrician come out to wire a 240v socket (assuming he doesn't already have a 240v set up).

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I have the profusion one from Northern Tool. I bought it last year. It doesn't get too cold in Memphis, but I have used it on a 20* night wearing a tshirt. I have a 2 car garage with two insulated walls, a non-insulated metal roll up door and a non-insulated steel walk in door. I usually turn it on when I get home from work, eat dinner, and its warm when I go out there.

You aren't going to get much of a heater with only 120v. Propane is effective, but you have to keep filling the bottle. Kerosene will choke you out and make the garage smell. Wood stoves work great, but aren't for me since I only work in the garage for a few hours each night. I want to have to bother with a fire for only a few hours.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I do this with mine as well, works well on keeping the fumes down.

I have been out there with it on for 5-7 hours at a time. I have never really noticed the fumes much at all.

Also, you can keep one of the garage doors cracked open for some fresh air.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
CobraBob, I bought it a Walmart, I think that I paid $30.00 +\- for it a couple of years ago. It has a 1000 & 1500 watt setting plus a thermostat.

Wow, that's a cheap price. :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob - I was going to post the second one up, but I was looking for something that he could plug straight into the wall (120v) instead of having an electrician come out to wire a 240v socket (assuming he doesn't already have a 240v set up).

I was thinking the same thing as far as the 240v setup; the additional installation expense.

I used to use a propane gas heater when I had my '03 Cobra. I forgot what brand name it was but I paid around $250.00. It easily kept the garage at around 65 degrees even with outside temps in the low teens. It wasn't really expensive to run, but not cheap either. I would bet an electric heater would be more economical to run.

Users who are viewing this thread