General Conversation!

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Originally posted by Ystang99gt
That sounds real weird..a car with only 8-9lbs of boost blew up. I ran 13+ lbs of boost on my gt before and the car was only tuned for 10lbs. The car ran like a champ and after driving it for a few months i dyno it to find out it was running real lean and i still never had a problem. O well...that goes to show that every motor is built differently and some are just stronger than others.

Hey i went to La careta last night and i didn't c you there. I did c a black cobra though.

You ran 13lbs of boost on a GT w/o forged internals :eek:
That's a first most i seen is 11 and that was pushing it.
You where most likely risking to blow up that engine the most that block could take is 9-10 lbs. A normal S/C for that car is 8-9 lbs.

That's safe, not 13 but hey i bet it ran great. My friend is getting ready to bring out his car its a 302 Stroker GT with Billit
Forged Internals and a ProCharger Kit. Thats what i want to for my GT, that car on slicks will run mid 10's all day!

Second, I don't think it was the Engine, The car was fine with the Tunning done before. He went to a cheaper place and it cost him more. With the tune he had before he was running alot better, Then the tune they gave him at Razor Edge, Ever since he put that tune he was having promblems with the car.
I still think it was the tune that messed up his car not the motor or himself.

Third, I could not go. I had to cover someone else shift at work.
:shrug: But iam gonna try to be at Fuds on Monday and at La Carreta on either Tues or Thrus!

So hows your Cobra Running?

Last edited:

Ystang99gt

Established Member
I had an an intercooler so i had a little more margin for error but i promise you it was alot of fun.

The cobra's is running great the only thing is i have to do some tuning and higher the rear of the car b/c its to low. Yesterday i took out a chucnk of the tire :( b/c not only is it low i bought the h&r spacers and now it rubs so i have to make some adjustments :beer:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I had an an intercooler so i had a little more margin for error but i promise you it was alot of fun.

The cobra's is running great the only thing is i have to do some tuning and higher the rear of the car b/c its to low. Yesterday i took out a chucnk of the tire :( b/c not only is it low i bought the h&r spacers and now it rubs so i have to make some adjustments :beer:

You do it yourself or you go to a shop?

I take my car to MAK PERFORMANCE they do great work there!

Ystang99gt

Established Member
I do everything myself.

Mak performance is a good shop in fact the owner was at the meeting a few weeks ago with his yellow 04 cobra.

Well hopefully you can pass bye this monday for the meeting.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I do everything myself.

Mak performance is a good shop in fact the owner was at the meeting a few weeks ago with his yellow 04 cobra.

Well hopefully you can pass bye this monday for the meeting.

Yeah i know, iam always at the shop hanging around looking at cars and stuff. Willy has known me since i was little i used to live next to him and his mom for 18 years.

And the Cobra is his girfriends :shrug: they keep everything man.

He has a 87 coupe that will run 8's and he has a 03 Turbo Dissel F350

Users who are viewing this thread