"GMEATR" 5.0 had a little too much on his plate.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
^This, and was there any fluid on the ground? Did the clutch pedal drop to the floor? Like he said, could be plenty of things, but hopefully it was just the slave cylinder and you can pull that crappy ls7 clutch out and replace it with something that will actually hold power if you ever plan on using that "lsx shootout mod." ECS makes a nice trans brace that would be wise to do if the trans/rear is out.

Even if it's just a slave cylinder, the entire drivetrain would still have to come out.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Broken axle... Very happy about this.

Luckily, damage was limited to just the axle and not the rear.

This is why I don't drag race Vettes, I leave that up to the Camaros and Mustangs. With a Vette, it gets EXPENSIVE very fast.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Heres a video of it breaking last night...

2002 Z06 breaks axle at drag strip - YouTube

5K RPM launch... :lol:

Luckily, damage was limited to just the axle and not the rear.

This is why I don't drag race Vettes, I leave that up to the Camaros and Mustangs. With a Vette, it gets EXPENSIVE very fast.

... Yeah, I'm learning that the hard way. I just want one solid run deep into the 11's on motor and I'd be happy.

greg86

Established Member
Even if it's just a slave cylinder, the entire drivetrain would still have to come out.

I understand that, slave cylinders are under $200...while transmissions, clutches, and rear diffs are quite a bit more.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
IMO, he could have had a car that was 700+ HP and sold it and purchased the Grabber bue 5.0.

Then again, some people are idiots, and you defintiely got your point across.

I wish I could put my Stang away and not DD it, just so I could appreciate it more and enjoy it when I do drive it.

+1.. I'm actually making a tire purchase shortly to make sure I'm ready for the snow. The conti-extremes made it 60K and 3 1/2 years but they are past the wear bars now.

Plus you get a little jaded driving your car everyday... starts to feel like a 15 second car after a few months of daily driving let alone years of doing it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
We may have a different opinion on what an average driver is as well.
And there it is...

Average driver to some people is 'average joe' aka can't drive for shit.

Average driver to others is someone who can produce very good times but not break any records.

I tend to use the second definition.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Heres the damage.
6ac9001f.jpg

9c48e1c6.jpg

36f48e7a.jpg

ef17c257.jpg

BayareaSS

Established Member
And there it is...

Average driver to some people is 'average joe' aka can't drive for shit.

Average driver to others is someone who can produce very good times but not break any records.

I tend to use the second definition.

I use the second defintion as well :beer:

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
To add another et to the discussion. We went 9's a while back with a c5z heads/Cam and stock bottom end.

2008vistablue

Established Member
That's nothing.....see this race and this guys plate. Poor ZR1 got ate!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJhV058OV-k"]Shelby GT 500 vs ZR1 Corvette - YouTube[/nomedia]

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
I hate those dumb ass plates.. there is a integra around here with the plate v8 ha ha.. he's at about 260whp.. so he does kill a few g.ts. he met up with me with just simple bolt ons. Got his ass beat.. said quickest g.t he's ever seen -___- let's just say he really hated it when he upped the boost and I slapped the 150 shot on and he got destroyed by bus lengths and bus lengths... he no longer has that car and now drives a older transam

Hahahaha my brother has a Honda fanboy and when I took him for a ride in my LS2 GTO with just Longtubes he was transformed. He felt TQ for the first time lol.

Users who are viewing this thread