"GMEATR" 5.0 had a little too much on his plate.

greg86

Established Member
I think you just feel like argueing. He beat me off the line. That was my FIRST pass with the car. Give me a little break. :shrug: You can clearly see me pulling on him at the end of the track. And that wasnt a stock C6 either... That was his first time at the track also.

IDK why you're calling BS on those slow times. I made 5-7 passes that day (cant remember the exact number), but they were all between 12.3-12.4 (minus the one I let off near the starting line). I think the race vs the truck would have been my best one, but I missed 4th, and still ran a 12.3... You can hear it in the video.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask. I have no problem answering any questions, and I will try to answer as best as I can and/or prove what I'm saying. My car should be a mid-low 11 second car at the track on motor. I just picked up the tires an hour ago and theyre sitting in my fathers garage.

071f6c54.jpg

b9f186b1.jpg

(That is my fathers C6 Z under the cover...)
206bf6e3.jpg

IDK what else you want from me... I have a whole thread with pictures showing the work done... A dyno video... Graphs... GoPro video's with 2 different angles of each run... :shrug:

I didnt think it was necessary to keep the slips of my slow times the first time out, since they really dont mean anything and I didnt think I was going to be called out after running those slow times.

You have dyno videos, graphs, GoPro videos, but still no proof of trapping 118 consistently and running a 12.3 missing a gear too now. You can answer all the questions you want, but without proof its not helping your case. Again with the "should" be a mid to low 11 second car. Why? Because that is what other people on the internet say they run? Chirp and roast are two completely different terms, so yes, you did embellish like I stated earlier. That is all I was getting at. The dyno video and graphs mean little, as I have graphs where I make significantly different numbers at one shop compared to another. Track times and trap speed tell a better story than a dyno machine. I don't have selective hearing, you have misleading and exaggerated posts. Now it is chirp...I can chirp third in stock cars, BIG difference than roasting tires. There are no more questions, because you haven't proved anything other than what the car "should" run. I hope you do well today at the track and do run a low 11s. Maybe it is the motivation you need just like you said that hopefully you motivated that 5.0 to mod their car. Good luck at the track, hopefully the rain holds off for you.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Never said the OP was a douche-bag, but many of his posts are misleading and contradictory. One minute he is having traction problems at 70mph and the next minute he is pulling out instantly in races from 55 mph in 2nd gear. Since you are backing him up can you explain that one to me? I don't understand the logic of dumping money into something to add power when you say you are having such traction problems already? You just told me you are getting a new RPM rear with 3.73s, why not a set of tires so you can use the power you are making now?

I think he'll like the 3.90s better. IMO! H/C/I 450rwhp, built tranny with 3.90s would see 11.4-11.6s with street tires and 10.8-11.1 with slicks.

You preaching to the choir; So many GT500 owners continuosly pour money into their engine without addressing traction issues. It seems as though every GT500 video I watch now, it says "traction issues" somewhere in the vid.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
You have dyno videos, graphs, GoPro videos, but still no proof of trapping 118 consistently and running a 12.3 missing a gear too now. You can answer all the questions you want, but without proof its not helping your case. Again with the "should" be a mid to low 11 second car. Why? Because that is what other people on the internet say they run? Chirp and roast are two completely different terms, so yes, you did embellish like I stated earlier. That is all I was getting at. The dyno video and graphs mean little, as I have graphs where I make significantly different numbers at one shop compared to another. Track times and trap speed tell a better story than a dyno machine. I don't have selective hearing, you have misleading and exaggerated posts. Now it is chirp...I can chirp third in stock cars, BIG difference than roasting tires. There are no more questions, because you haven't proved anything other than what the car "should" run. I hope you do well today at the track and do run a low 11s. Maybe it is the motivation you need just like you said that hopefully you motivated that 5.0 to mod their car. Good luck at the track, hopefully the rain holds off for you.

.... All you have to do is ASK!

28423a21.jpg

This is the race vs. the blue mustang. And you can clearly hear me miss 4th in the video vs the truck... I never said I was Mario Andretti or a pro drag racer. Just watch it... :shrug:

So now I have.... And entire build thread of the parts... Track videos (2 OF EACH PASS)... Dyno graphs... Dyno graph videos... and a time slip of one of the passes. What else do you want?

Last edited:

greg86

Established Member
.... All you have to do is ASK!

28423a21.jpg

This is the race vs. the blue mustang. And you can clearly hear me miss 4th in the video... Just watch it... :shrug:

sweet, do you have the rest of the slips to show it going consistently 12.3s at 118 or was this the only run? Again there is a difference between doing it once or twice and doing it consistently all day long. Stick cars on street tires are notoriously known for being inconsistent at the track which is why I questioned you. Again, I hope you do well at the track. When I went from Nitto Invos to Hoosier Drags I dropped almost 5 tenths, I wish you all the luck today.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Found the slip where I raced the truck and missed 4th. You can see it in my MPH. I still ran a 12.3 though.

9b4b821f.jpg

The other passes are all 12.3x/12.4X @ 118. Besides one that was a 117.9X

Fair enough?

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Stry is a very good friend of mine. He never got into the 9's with the 6 speed. His motor is all apart and he is getting it ready for the LSX shootout. They've been dialing it in with the auto. He also made 900rwhp with it this season. It's going to be a lot faster once it's ready to go.

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
IMO, he could have had a car that was 700+ HP and sold it and purchased the Grabber bue 5.0.

Then again, some people are idiots, and you defintiely got your point across.

I wish I could put my Stang away and not DD it, just so I could appreciate it more and enjoy it when I do drive it.

I agree with this statement. I had a 03 Mach 1 and my plate read "DUZ 10Z" and I Traded that in on a stock 04' cobra that definately did not run 10's for about 4 months and I heard a lot of crap from people that did not know me and the car that plate came off of. But if I didnt keep the plate I would have lost it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
.... I broke the **** out of it on my first pass. Might be an axle shaft... Not sure. Getting it towed right now.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I knew you were going to break... A 450hp c5z should run 10.8-11.1. My camaro which is heavier and makes less power runs low 11s and its a 6 speed. So a c5z should have no problem at all doing that.

BayareaSS

Established Member
:rollseyes This thread is just destined for greatness.

OP, sorry you broke. That is a part of racing and hopefully just an axle. I guess you should have called BayareaSS and had him look into his crystal ball. :nonono:

I Thought everyone knew a c5z with stock drivetrain and sticky tires would end in damage. Especially with novice driver behind the wheel. So no cystal ball... Just common knowledge :read:

Users who are viewing this thread