Going to the dragstrip thanksgiving weekend (US41 in Indiana) who wants to go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I am going to be in town tuesday night but I will be at the shop getting suff on the car tues night and then dynoing wed morning at 1030 at finish line performance in naperville

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Okay is it Sunday Nov 30th and no sign of snow yet...? I can't wait this long!!! Eric I am back in town and will meet you in St Charles... my buddy lives out that way and will probably crash out there and meet up with you guys...

MUST STAY AWAY FROM THE FOX AND HOUND NOV 29... if any of you see me there please deny my entrance. :beer: :nono: :xpl:

SVTdubs

Established Member
haha, will do. If anyone wants to meet up sat night and crash at my place that is fine too. Just an offer. I will surely be out saturday night, probably at streets of woodfield

03CobraRed

Established Member
I might be out at the streets of woodfield if it is nice out or somewhere around there, I may stay in Lansing because that is almost half way to the track from my house and I can just meet you guys at the track around 9ish. I got my Drag Radials on and I fixed the rear end on the car and I am good to go. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us because I have tried to go to the track the past 4 weeks and it has only rained on sunday. I was out at Doty road last night and it was actually decent, we set off some good races at 130th when the ricers got us kicked off of Doty.

DPS

Established Member
Hello guys. I have never been to a drag strip before. It sounds like fun but I don't know if I will be able to swing it. I am married with two kids and this takes most of my time but I will keep it in mind. Any of you guys from indiana found a good shop with a good dyno??? Thanks.

:beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
OK about 5 of us are going to come from MI if the weather holds

i94 across and then down . are you all still planning on going ???

should we all meet up or what ????

let me know JEFF

SVTdubs

Established Member
we can all meet at the thortons gas station right when you get off of 94 onto 41. It will be on the right hand side. We can meet there around 8:15 or so.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The weather is looking pretty bad now, snowing a lot here near the NW indiana border, and according to radar, the big snow is in indiana and Michigan. Supposed to be in the 30's on Friday, chance of snow showers.

Mike

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Here's the latest Morocco Indiana forecast for Sunday: http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USIN0444?dayNum=6

Basically it says 57 degrees with rain showers. Good temp, bad precip. I hope they're right about the temp and wrong about the rain. I read the track cancelled this previous Sunday's event and it didn't rain until afternoon. We'll have to wait until later in the week and then talk to the track. I hope they have someone around to answer a phone with it being a holiday weekend and all. I think I'll give them a call now and check.

flyn high again

Established Member
I just talked with Norm from US 41. He says he is planning on running next Sunday as long as the weather permits. If it is questionable he may just open for test and tune and not have any brackets or other racing. No refunds if it rains. He says we can sit outside the track [without paying] if it's questionable until a decision is made.

Norm suggests calling the track around 7 am on Sunday. [219-285-2200] He says they should know by then what is going to happen. For you Michigan guys, you may want to use a cell phone to check if you're already on the road. Incidentally, he apologized for cancelling last Sunday's event in case anyone was dissapointed. He had to make a decision and the weather forecasters were wrong.

Cost for test and tune is $10 spectator and $20 racing [car and driver]. If anyone has any questions, their office number is 708-258-3302. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather cooperates. :burnout:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
ok can meet but is 41 faster than 65 down ??????

doesnt matter really it would be cool to show up as group

i guess we will just have to wait out the weather

JEFF

SVTdubs

Established Member
I think we should all just meet at the track at 9 except for the guys that are meeting me at the mall because we are so far apart it would be out of the way. We can follow eachother out from the dragstrip home then part. We will see eachothers cars enough as it is!!!! Lets just hope the weather is good, get there and get busy clicking off 11sec passes!!!

flyn high again

Established Member
I would have to have someone pushing me to get an 11 out of my car. I think us stock guys will be happy with 12s...

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
I would have to have someone pushing me to get an 11 out of my car. I think us stock guys will be happy with 12s...
Cliff, If you run another 13.01 I'm taking your car away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread