Going to the dragstrip thanksgiving weekend (US41 in Indiana) who wants to go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

03CobraRed

Established Member
For you Michigan guys what City are you coming from? Also I have a summer house in New Buffalo Michigan I an go to the track a lot from there and the fastest way to get there is 94 to 41 AKA Indianapolis BLVD. and take it all the way down. Its about an hour and 50 minutes to get there from New Buffalo. I will be meeting everybody there.

Eric I tried calling you today and I left a message. My friend might be backing out on me with the truck and trailer. I am not sure when I will know for sure? Either way I am still going and I will be there with a few Mustangs from our group.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I hope the trailer comes because my halfshafts are on backorder and I will be launching at 4K on et streets all day. Ill call you tomorrow Ray

FearblueR1

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure, if I will be able to make it or not. My chip has a bad program burned for the race program. I may drive out though just to watch. :bash:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Whoever gets there first pick a good spot and the rest of us can look for the '03s. Spread out to try to save some parking spaces.

03CobraRed

Established Member
I will try to get there early and get a nice spot. This is gonna be fun. I just talked with my friend and he said even if he doesn't go I can use his trailer and pull it with my moms Navigator if it is fixed in time. Im just praying I don't break anything. If I break another halfshaft or break a diff cover I am getting a solid axle ASAP.

LXguy

Established Member
I don't think we are probably going to have to fight too hard for parking spaces.

LOL

Steve

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Cliff, If you run another 13.01 I'm taking your car away from you.

Cliff, if you want to use my 315 Nittos or the ET Streets, let me know.
I can see a mid 12's then.

Dan

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Dan,

Thanks for the tire offer. I am going to try to get a twelve on street tires. I'm hoping the temp. cooperates and I can stay away from wheel hop. I'm terrified that I will break something. I will think about it, but will probably go with my street tires.

Cliff

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Sorry Cliff, wheel hop will be a lot worse with the cooler temps, especially on stock tires.
If you insist, drop the air pressure way down and heat them up real good.
I actually think you have less chance of breaking something with tires that actually hook than with street tires.

Dan

venmousracer

Established Member
Hey there Guys I'm from the aurora/naperville area, I wanna take my 99 cobra but powered by 03 power, whrs everyone meeting. Thanx Eddie

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
00SVTdubs
Insane SVT Poster

Vehicle: 00 CSVT, 03 Cobra Vert
we will be departing from Charlestown mall in St. Charles at 7:00 AM. I will be there around 6:30. Meet off the entrance off of route 64 (main street) and I will be on the southwest side of the mall at JCPenney's. You will see a torch red Cobra converitble. Im sure you can spot it since not many people will be there at 630 am.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
alright, charlestown mall at 700 am sunday morning. The JC penny is now VAN MAUR so you will see my cobra in that parking lot. Like I said there wont be too many red cobras in the mall parking lot at 630 am. We will leave at 7:05-7:10 so be there....

who ever is meeting there please post on here that you are in for sure so we don't leave anyone. Also say what car and the color. Thanks guys. If any of you have a change of plans, call my cell anytime 630-768-0761. The weather looks good now as the rain is no longer there. Looks high 40's to low 50's. I hope it holds up. Again, people that are meeting at the mall, please confirm. Thanks

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
I think we should all just meet at the track at 9 except for the guys that are meeting me at the mall because we are so far apart it would be out of the way. We can follow eachother out from the dragstrip home then part. We will see eachothers cars enough as it is!!!! Lets just hope the weather is good, get there and get busy clicking off 11sec passes!!!

i want my 11's also but it will have to wait till next season as the cobra is starting to hibernate.let us all know who ran what if the weather holds out:burnout:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can count me in. This will be my first time at a drag strip so no laughing.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
anyone from MI we are leaving jackson at 6am
there is five of us now anyone is welcome
will have trailer support always a plus

JEFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread