Got my Brembos back from the powder coater today...

phack

Established Member
Came home to a big box waiting for me which contained these:

brembo.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. The color is Lambo orange. I will try to get some better pictures when they are mounted on the car. And I'm going to flush the entire brake system with this stuff (including the clutch line)

554256_4841958612702_1911148302_n.jpg

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Does powder coating hurt the cooling power of rotors since you just baked an outer shell to it? Probably ok for street though.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Very nice off had why didn't you have your rears done to match.

mhyjek

Established Member
How much was that brake fluid? Nice color... I'm going to get my brembos hydro printed carbon fiber and red lettering for brembo with clear on top. My car is black with rtr hyper silver wheels will post pics in spring time

BlackMamba3

Established Member
How much was that brake fluid? Nice color... I'm going to get my brembos hydro printed carbon fiber and red lettering for brembo with clear on top. My car is black with rtr hyper silver wheels will post pics in spring time

Last I checked, that brake fluid is around $80 per liter.

mhyjek

Established Member
Ok my numbers were off the castrol is 593 dry and 513 wet vs ate is 536 dry and 399 wet. But I can flush the ate @ 14.50 per liter 2 per year for 2.5 years before I would spend as much for the castrol

phack

Established Member
what color is your car

Kona Blue

Very nice off had why didn't you have your rears done to match.

I didn't really want the dinky rears to stand out. I painted them black with Duplicolor.

Ok my numbers were off the castrol is 593 dry and 513 wet vs ate is 536 dry and 399 wet. But I can flush the ate @ 14.50 per liter 2 per year for 2.5 years before I would spend as much for the castrol

Yeah the Castrol SRF is stupid expensive at $70 a liter, but I'm hoping the superior wet boiling point will help with my shifting issues (lockouts) that I'm having which I believe is related to boiling of the fluid. There are other brake fluids out there with similar dry boiling points for much less but I believe the wet boiling point is more representative of the normal state of the fluid.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Kona Blue

I didn't really want the dinky rears to stand out. I painted them black with Duplicolor.

Yeah the Castrol SRF is stupid expensive at $70 a liter, but I'm hoping the superior wet boiling point will help with my shifting issues (lockouts) that I'm having which I believe is related to boiling of the fluid. There are other brake fluids out there with similar dry boiling points for much less but I believe the wet boiling point is more representative of the normal state of the fluid.

right on man. well cant wait to see them on the car

Users who are viewing this thread