Got Scammed! Need Legal Advice And Any Information On This Guy!

crazycarlo

Established Member
OP whats on the promissory note besides the VIN? Is it like a bill of sale with the date, amount and his signature?

Ironhand

Banned
OP.

Shoot me a PM with everything you know about the seller.

I have a friend that actually works in that area. :)

Ironhand

Banned
I told my buddy about this and he is going to swing by the listed address according to vin.
He tried to stop by the address listed and thought it was for PT S L. It must be a Stuart address.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Posting this on a local board I frequent. ( South Florida board) I'm sure one of the guys on there know this guy

Last edited:

stroked 4.6

Established Member
I am local to this clown and have never seen him or the truck at any of the meets. If I can help in anyway let me know. I will also post this on a few other local forums.

WOT 88

Established Member
Friend of mine is a Detective with the Stuart PD. This very well be may be a civil matter, I have no idea, but it may be worth a shot to ask. Pm me and I'll give you my e-mail address, send me the details of this fiasco and I can directly forward it to him and see what he thinks.

EDIT: I didn't see that IronHand already offered, but if you need a back up let me know.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
OP. Pm sent.

Getting you in touch with someone who just saw the seller a couple weeks ago. He knows the guy, and can lead you in the right direction.

Last edited:

adam`

Established Member
the guy is still around in south florida. someone posted on the local forum and they know the guy personally, plus are willing to help. i made a few calls and should know if he still has the truck.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
the guy is still around in south florida. someone posted on the local forum and they know the guy personally, plus are willing to help. i made a few calls and should know if he still has the truck.

....that was me

PM has been sent to the OP. Hoping OP signs on soon, because he will be able to get directly in touch with the guy if needed.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
This is what I love about this forum, everyone helps each other out, its good to see...I hope you get either the truck or your money back OP, I hate to see things like this happen. Best of luck

SVT GI

Established Member
This is what I love about this forum, everyone helps each other out, its good to see...I hope you get either the truck or your money back OP, I hate to see things like this happen. Best of luck

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You guys are awesome!

I have received a bunch of info on this guy thanks to you all. I can't login to svtp from work but have been watching the posts and finally borrowed a Troops phone so I could say thanks!

Update...he txt me today asking for my account number so he can transfer my money back. I'm waiting on investigations to get back with me. We'll see.

A DuB

Established Member
Why don't ou give him the account number that you opened up specifically for the transfer? Maybe he will transfer all the money back to you?

Anything he sends your way is better than what you have now which is nothing, without a bill of sale or signed title.

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
Friend of mine is a Detective with the Stuart PD. This very well be may be a civil matter, I have no idea, but it may be worth a shot to ask. Pm me and I'll give you my e-mail address, send me the details of this fiasco and I can directly forward it to him and see what he thinks.

EDIT: I didn't see that IronHand already offered, but if you need a back up let me know.

Great! The more eyes and ears the better. I spoke with a Stuart PD officer a couple days ago, very cool guy and prior military. He went to a couple of the addresses I had while he kept me on the phone. No luck at that time. They had to turn the case over to Martin County Sheriff's Department because the "scene of the crime" took place (the bank) out of jurisdiction.

OP. Pm sent.

Getting you in touch with someone who just saw the seller a couple weeks ago. He knows the guy, and can lead you in the right direction.

Talked to your friend, cool guy! He's keeping an eye out.

Keep me posted if you hear anything on the truck. Thanks man.

Why don't ou give him the account number that you opened up specifically for the transfer? Maybe he will transfer all the money back to you?

Anything he sends your way is better than what you have now which is nothing, without a bill of sale or signed title.

Very true. My wife and I were kicking that same thought around. I needed to make sure there wasn't anymore damage he could do with my account info.

I gave it to him about an hour ago. And his reply..."I asked for your account info 2 hrs ago and now im on the Hwy and my phone is messed up". See...always an excuse!

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
The guy looks sleezy... I don't have a good feeling about this. He's gonna spend all the money, it will become a civil case, and you will wait 25years to collect 50.00 I know cause I went through it myself. I pray you get this made right, cause he doesn't look like the kind of guy who will do the right thing. I hope I am wrong

Users who are viewing this thread