Got some kills on a gt500 this weekend

Klay

Established Member
So professional test drivers are running 13.5 @ 108 and you are running 12.45 @ 112 bone stock?

Seems legit

I also think your buddy needs to learn how to drive.

You mean the new 5.0 isn't the fastest Mustang EVAR? :-D

Last I heard they were taking down Bugatti Veyron Super Sports with just CAI, exhaust, and an air freshner......

In for the "ZOMG 5.0 iz so gud!?" responses. :pop:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did this whole thing not start with someone having a 5.0 saying a GT500 was a POS? :shrug:

Some people are soo sensitive.

As for why I have an issue with 5.0 guys, well..let's see. I have 12 PMs from '13Coyote, all containing 3rd grade level English, trying to tell me that I'm stupid, I don't know what I'm talking about, the 5.0 is the best Mustang ever, and.. your basic name calling..and yet you say ALL the GT guys are getting picked on and plunked together and just in general mislabeled. :shrug:

Maybe you should take a step back and reread things.

I do like how when someone says something negative about the 5.0, everybody with one wants to chime in on how great it is and how I seem to have some sort of beef with the 5.0 guys.

I've already said I do. So what kind of point are you trying to make, other than further proving to me that my opinion is the right one by continually trying to justify the shit attitudes of the 5.0 crowd displayed here?

Actually it started with these comments (one made by you). It starts how they always do, a 5.0 wins a race and regardless of how feasible it is, comments like these are the first to pop up. Either factually incorrect statements or remarks making it seem like a 5.0 owner posting a win means they believe they can beat anyone.

Im not trying to put you down or anything but it gets old seeing the same.comments every thread. You wanna put down the car and its owners? Fine but do so in smackdown.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Actually it started with these comments (one made by you). It starts how they always do, a 5.0 wins a race and regardless of how feasible it is, comments like these are the first to pop up. Either factually incorrect statements or remarks making it seem like a 5.0 owner posting a win means they believe they can beat anyone.

Im not trying to put you down or anything but it gets old seeing the same.comments every thread. You wanna put down the car and its owners? Fine but do so in smackdown.

My comments were related to the original post. In addition, if you don't like opinions that differ from yours, maybe a forum is the wrong place for you. :shrug:

I appreciate you not trying to put me down, and I'm not trying to put you down either. But if you keep seeing the same comments in different threads, maybe that's because people's opinions aren't changing? Most people will continue to feel the way they feel about something, good or bad, barring some extraordinary event that changes their perception of said something.

As for me, I state my opinions as exactly that and I do not request that anyone change their views to agree with me. I would hope you would do the same. :beer:

Besides, ironically, the posts I referred to in that comment came quicky and swiftly, just as I predicted. So I fail to see what I did wrong other than have an opinion you disagree with. Guess that's why my motto is what it is: Yeah, I said it.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Fantastic cars. Interior is much better then my old Cobra (although the 32V in my Cobra sounded much better to me). My main complaint about mine is the size and weight. It is a big car, far to big for a Pony class car IMO. Don't care much for the nannies, but I can live with that. It is mostly the size and weight. If I could have this car in the same package size as my LX, it would be so much more enjoyable.

After you drive a new Camaro SS, everything (except a Challenger) seems smaller. :-D

kaz109

Established Member
Man it trips me out when other mustang guys dont even look over haha. Its like REALLY?! You dont see, or even more HEAR my car. Wish guys were more like you. :beer:

Ditch the losers and Join us homie! The neon crowd always chucks up the deuce dippin through the traffic! :D

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Can you imagine an M/T or C&D writer complaining about about how Ford overestimated its performance figures? Then imagine Ford having to back it up by sending out a driver to do a burnout, ride the clutch out of the hole at 4k RPM and then powershifting 2nd & 3rd in order to replicate the numbers. Use your head bro. :bash:

One of those 'rags already blasted Ford when they couldn't get a '13 GT500 up to the 200 mph Ford advertised. I could easily see that.

To be fair, there's also a certain contigent of GT500/Terminator owners that bitch a blue streak every time a Coyote beats a car that it "shouldn't".

I'm not sure why this one is so hard to believe. GT500s are overpowered, under tired, and are a handful to drive fast. Not knocking the car, but that's the truth. A '10 GT500 is good for what, mid 12s with a good driver? Is it so hard to believe that a 5.0 that can run mid 12s in capable hands actually beat one?

I mean, if all we're going to do is compare specs and bench race, what the hell is the point of racing in the first place?

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
That may be true, but I am talking about Ford test drivers.

There is absolutely no advantage to them not posting the best numbers possible.

Please explain.

I know nothing about the C&D or MT drivers. They could granny shift all day for all I care.

If you could only get the advertised numbers by really giving the car a beating with a high launch and power shifting, you'd likely be pretty pissed if you were a second or so slower than what the manufacturer claims the car can do. It also comes down to track prep and weather conditions. While we might care about what it will actually do in the quarter, we all know that a lot of these cars won't spend a lot of time on the track. It's all about managing expectations and if your buyer gets as good or a better time than what you advertise they'll think they have a factory freak or be really happy with their purchase/performance.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
If you could only get the advertised numbers by really giving the car a beating with a high launch and power shifting, you'd likely be pretty pissed if you were a second or so slower than what the manufacturer claims the car can do. It also comes down to track prep and weather conditions. While we might care about what it will actually do in the quarter, we all know that a lot of these cars won't spend a lot of time on the track. It's all about managing expectations and if your buyer gets as good or a better time than what you advertise they'll think they have a factory freak or be really happy with their purchase/performance.

There may be some truth to what you are saying, but it really comes down to sales numbers. They want to sell cars. The better the numbers the more people that will buy.

And my guess, without knowing, is that the Chevy numbers really push the Ford people to produce better cars. That is their main competition.

Klay

Established Member
My comments were related to the original post. In addition, if you don't like opinions that differ from yours, maybe a forum is the wrong place for you. :shrug:

I appreciate you not trying to put me down, and I'm not trying to put you down either. But if you keep seeing the same comments in different threads, maybe that's because people's opinions aren't changing? Most people will continue to feel the way they feel about something, good or bad, barring some extraordinary event that changes their perception of said something.

As for me, I state my opinions as exactly that and I do not request that anyone change their views to agree with me. I would hope you would do the same. :beer:

Besides, ironically, the posts I referred to in that comment came quicky and swiftly, just as I predicted. So I fail to see what I did wrong other than have an opinion you disagree with. Guess that's why my motto is what it is: Yeah, I said it.

If you dont like the new gt or their owners, thats fine with me. I have no problem with that. What annoys me is that opinion gets spouted every 5.0 thread. A 5.0 could beat a stock camry and someone (not just you) would chime in and say "in before all the 5.0 lovers talk about how they beat anything."

It detracts from the thread and is meant put down a group (which you really cant do outside of smackdown).

If you make comments like you did of course youre going to get flak, that is actually what you are asking for. If you hadnt made your comments no one would have said anything bad about another car (doesnt make them right either).

nickf2005

Established Member
dumbstixlars said:
After you drive a new Camaro SS, everything (except a Challenger) seems smaller.
biggrin.gif

I bet. Those things are pigs.

And they all smell like bacon after getting roasted.

Posted via Topify using Android

Poppacapp

Established Member
After you drive a new Camaro SS, everything (except a Challenger) seems smaller. :-D

Actually..... not from a GT500 standpoint... my buddies SS 1LE only weights 60 more lbs. than my 12' w/ SVTPP. We need to take them to scales.. I already scaled mine and it is 3800lbs.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Actually..... not from a GT500 standpoint... my buddies SS 1LE only weights 60 more lbs. than my 12' w/ SVTPP. We need to take them to scales.. I already scaled mine and it is 3800lbs.

Mine is 3825 with SVTPP.

My buddies ZL1 is 4100. Holy ****. I think Chevy just decided to use lead based paint or some shit.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
There may be some truth to what you are saying, but it really comes down to sales numbers. They want to sell cars. The better the numbers the more people that will buy.

And my guess, without knowing, is that the Chevy numbers really push the Ford people to produce better cars. That is their main competition.

If Ford really wants to know what a Chevy can do they can either buy one or watch track vids on youtube. Same goes for Chevy. You can advertise whatever you want to, but at the end of the day you can just go on youtube and see what people are actually doing. if they know anything about racing and driving they can critique the performance of the driver and vehicle and guess how much faster it could be if it was driven differently.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Mine is 3825 with SVTPP.

My buddies ZL1 is 4100. Holy ****. I think Chevy just decided to use lead based paint or some shit.

I WISH Chevy was using lead-based paint. Then maybe they could do away with their water-based CRAP paint! Neither of my 2012 Camaros made 2k miles before issues popped up, and my brother's 2011 Camaro SS....oh man.

Sure, other manufacturers use similar paint, but they don't cheap out and spray one coat of paint and one coat of freaking clear on a $40k+ car!!!!

GM paint quality is a freaking joke. :fm::cuss:

Last edited:

Naturesmistake

Established Member
Another pissing contest... A 13 GT beating a pre 2011
GT500 is plausable as everybody knows those things blow their tires off. The GT puts power down more gradually and is easier to drive (especially with an auto). I have seen shitty GT500 drivers put down a 15 sec quarter mile because they do take some skill to drive... 03/04 Cobras, 2011 and up GTs, Bosses and GT500s are all in the 400 plus horsepower range and all have pros and cons when you get down to it... They are four of the best late model mustangs ever produced by Ford and all have sick potential... However not all drivers are created equal and not every kill story is smackdown worthy.

Devil_Z

Established Member
I WISH Chevy was using lead-based paint. Then maybe they could do away with their water-based CRAP paint! Neither of my 2012 Camaros made 2k miles before issues popped up, and my brother's 2011 Camaro SS....oh man.

Sure, other manufacturers use similar paint, but they don't cheap out and spray one coat of paint and one coat of freaking clear on a $40k+ car!!!!

GM paint quality is a freaking joke. :fm::cuss:

My 06 looks brand new. They did a fine job painting that car.

3800 is still pretty damn heavy by the way.

I think the GT500 would have been better if instead of giving it more power they reduce the weight and give it some real tires. 285's are a joke..

Users who are viewing this thread