Got some kills on a gt500 this weekend

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I guess I am coming from the viewpoint that yes, they want to sell GT500's but they already know the market is small for those buyers. Most dealerships dont even have one on the lot and if they do they just have one. But they have 15 5.0's on the lot they have to get rid of. And they are much easier to sell when you have someone who has a $30k budget and you can show them that the car is similar in speed to the GT500.

I would say the majority of people who buy a GT500 are coming to the dealership looking for that particular car and know what they are getting into. I just dont see a lot of people going to a dealership looking to purchase a standard Mustang and driving off the lot with a GT500.

We also cannot forget the BOSS variable. If the 5.0 is advertising similar times of a BOSS 302 which is 42k+ with cloth interior and zero parts to show ( i mean most of it is in suspension and internals) how do they expect someone to even consider a BOSS 302?

To be honest, this may be a question to a ford salesman. Maybe one can chime in. You are right it's rare for someone to come in and go from a 5.0 to a GT500, but I'm sure they still want to keep the door open.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
We also cannot forget the BOSS variable. If the 5.0 is advertising similar times of a BOSS 302 which is 42k+ with cloth interior and zero parts to show ( i mean most of it is in suspension and internals) how do they expect someone to even consider a BOSS 302?

To be honest, this may be a question to a ford salesman. Maybe one can chime in. You are right it's rare for someone to come in and go from a 5.0 to a GT500, but I'm sure they still want to keep the door open.

I honestly dont know enough about the Boss 302 to comment but that seems like a legit point.

Do you know how many Boss 302's are manufactured per year?

And what makes a person buy a Boss over a GT500? Price?

I know if I am the salesmen and the Boss is just a little more money than a decked out 5.0 I could up sell them fairly easily even if the numbers are similar. Street Cred alone should bump you up to the Boss over the 5.0.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Honestly, the attitude you are attributing to 5.0 owners is more in line with how others treat 5.0 owners. You are proving it with your posts. So many in this thread put the 5.0 down every chance they get. If you look in the beginning of this thread, not one person bothered to even correct the 13.5 time given for the 5.0. Instead they just bashed their owners. Its obvious a gt500 is the faster car if everything is equal. But with racing, things are not always equal.
+1, that guys post was more of a rant so tl;dr. It probably has to do with generalizing owners of certain cars. :lol1:

I honestly don't know where all the 5.0 hate came from, most of the 5.0 guys I know used to own 03-04 cobras! Lol

Going back to older pre '10 gt500, I would love to see that vs a boss, both with stock tires and both with DRs.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
ku-medium.gif

lol

Klay

Established Member
What are you talking about???? I got blasted by like 10 people for posting that time. lol

It took a while for anyone to correct it and then when they did they were lumped into the 5.0 elitist crowd. It is so painfully obvious who the elitist truly are. It gets tiring to have the same group come into every 5.0 thread and knock on their owners and the cars themselves. I dont even own the 5.0 and it annoys me.

Cant one thread that involves the 5.0 not have people bashing it? Is it really so hard to not knock it every chance you get? I dont go into threads of cars i dont like and express my dislike for it. Makes no sense.

Klay

Established Member
I agree that things are not always equal. :shrug:

My opinions are just that: mine. I'm not forcing anyone to see things my way or anything. EVERYBODY has their own opinion on things. :beer:

I didn't correct the time because, honestly, it wasn't pertinent to anything I posted. I never posted a time for the 5.0 or the Cobra. I didn't feel track times were relevant to my conversation. Besides, the person who posted the incorrect time apologized for it. What more do you want? :shrug:

I get that you feel 5.0 guys catch a lot of hate. And they do. And, in my opinion, it's very well deserved. As I meet more and more owners maybe that will change, but for now 99.9% of owners I am coming across fall into the categories I have outlined earlier. I can't help that. :shrug:

Whats funny is the category you have placed them is the same one you and some others in this thread have found themselves in. Take a step back and look carefully at the comments in this thread and see who is slinging the most mud. Save for one or two 5.0 owners, most have been cordial in this thread. Now look at the other side of the aisle and see how many unprovoked negative response are going towards the 5.0.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
It took a while for anyone to correct it and then when they did they were lumped into the 5.0 elitist crowd. It is so painfully obvious who the elitist truly are. It gets tiring to have the same group come into every 5.0 thread and knock on their owners and the cars themselves. I dont even own the 5.0 and it annoys me.

Cant one thread that involves the 5.0 not have people bashing it? Is it really so hard to not knock it every chance you get? I dont go into threads of cars i dont like and express my dislike for it. Makes no sense.

I can only speak for myself. The only bashing I have done in this thread was towards the guy who started in on me and saying my car was slow. lol

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Wow, what a thread. Glad to see I'm lumped in with the D-bag category cause of my car. :??: I know my GT isn't the fastest though since my LX is faster. :D The couple of GT owners I've interacted with were cool. Course I'm not really out in the car scene much.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Whats funny is the category you have placed them is the same one you and some others in this thread have found themselves in. Take a step back and look carefully at the comments in this thread and see who is slinging the most mud. Save for one or two 5.0 owners, most have been cordial in this thread. Now look at the other side of the aisle and see how many unprovoked negative response are going towards the 5.0.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did this whole thing not start with someone having a 5.0 saying a GT500 was a POS? :shrug:

Some people are soo sensitive.

As for why I have an issue with 5.0 guys, well..let's see. I have 12 PMs from '13Coyote, all containing 3rd grade level English, trying to tell me that I'm stupid, I don't know what I'm talking about, the 5.0 is the best Mustang ever, and.. your basic name calling..and yet you say ALL the GT guys are getting picked on and plunked together and just in general mislabeled. :shrug:

Maybe you should take a step back and reread things.

I do like how when someone says something negative about the 5.0, everybody with one wants to chime in on how great it is and how I seem to have some sort of beef with the 5.0 guys.

I've already said I do. So what kind of point are you trying to make, other than further proving to me that my opinion is the right one by continually trying to justify the shit attitudes of the 5.0 crowd displayed here?

Sick03Vert

Banned

So you're mad because someone didn't correct the time fast enough?

WOW. :kaboom:

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did this whole thing not start with someone having a 5.0 saying a GT500 was a POS? :shrug:

Some people are soo sensitive.

As for why I have an issue with 5.0 guys, well..let's see. I have 12 PMs from '13Coyote, all containing 3rd grade level English, trying to tell me that I'm stupid, I don't know what I'm talking about, the 5.0 is the best Mustang ever, and.. your basic name calling..and yet you say ALL the GT guys are getting picked on and plunked together and just in general mislabeled. :shrug:

Maybe you should take a step back and reread things.

I do like how when someone says something negative about the 5.0, everybody with one wants to chime in on how great it is and how I seem to have some sort of beef with the 5.0 guys.

I've already said I do. So what kind of point are you trying to make, other than further proving to me that my opinion is the right one by continually trying to justify the shit attitudes of the 5.0 crowd displayed here?

Wait, he actually sent you a bunch of PM's??????? LMAO

So glad he didnt fill up my inbox with that garbage.

Generally on this site people have been fairly cool. I know sites like this bring out the teenagers who have learned their english and typing skills from a message board, but for the most part people are fairly cool.

This Coyote13 guy is the exception to the rule I guess.

My favorite thing with him was when he tried to tell me I didnt really own a Shelby and that I was posting pictures of my neighbors car, blah blah blah. Seemed like jealousy actually.

So I posted like 3 different pictures from three different locations of my car. He never said a word and went away for about two weeks until he reared his ugly head in this thread and got owned again.

Look, not everyone can afford a GT500. I get that. When I was in my early 20's I know the car was out of my league (Well, they didnt actually make the GT500 back then, it was the Cobra). Anyway, I am just glad I am able to afford one now and really appreciate it. I probably would have killed myself rapping it around a tree in my younger days.

I have had a few run ins with 5.0 guys here around town. Most of them just rev their engine and avoid a race at all costs. A lot of them just give the thumbs up. The younger guys will ask you questions about it. For the most part it has not been an issue with 5.0 guys outside of a few.

Now the trans AM guys, they are f*cking dicks. lol

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Wait, he actually sent you a bunch of PM's??????? LMAO

So glad he didnt fill up my inbox with that garbage.

Generally on this site people have been fairly cool. I know sites like this bring out the teenagers who have learned their english and typing skills from a message board, but for the most part people are fairly cool.

This Coyote13 guy is the exception to the rule I guess.

My favorite thing with him was when he tried to tell me I didnt really own a Shelby and that I was posting pictures of my neighbors car, blah blah blah. Seemed like jealousy actually.

So I posted like 3 different pictures from three different locations of my car. He never said a word and went away for about two weeks until he reared his ugly head in this thread and got owned again.

Look, not everyone can afford a GT500. I get that. When I was in my early 20's I know the car was out of my league (Well, they didnt actually make the GT500 back then, it was the Cobra). Anyway, I am just glad I am able to afford one now and really appreciate it. I probably would have killed myself rapping it around a tree in my younger days.

I have had a few run ins with 5.0 guys here around town. Most of them just rev their engine and avoid a race at all costs. A lot of them just give the thumbs up. The younger guys will ask you questions about it. For the most part it has not been an issue with 5.0 guys outside of a few.

Now the trans AM guys, they are f*cking dicks. lol

Oh yeah, I got a handful of PMs. Had to put him on ignore because I got sick of being spammed. That, and got sick of reading the kind of insults you expect to hear in high school. :lol1:

Apparently he was very butt hurt. He told me basically the same thing, that I don't own a Cobra and I have never owned a fast car. I have to admit, I found that to be pretty hilarious.

As for run-ins with GT's out on the street, I have experienced the same thing. A lot of revving, refusing to wave, and then refusing to race. The few conversations I've had with 5.0 owners at gas stations, etc. all pretty much went like this:

Me: "Nice car. I like the color." (Usually talking about Grabber Blue)
Them: "Yeah, it's nice. That a Cobra?"
Me: "Yeah. It's an 03."
Them: "Those used the old 4.6 didn't they?" :rolleyes:
Me: "Yes, it's a 4.6. Supercharged."
Them: "Yeah..those were pretty fast back then. Not so much now." :rolleyes:
Me: "Well, you wanna do a quick run and compare?"
Them: One of the following:

"Nah, I only race at the track."
"Nah, my car isn't tuned right."
"Nah, I'm in a hurry."
"Nah, my car isn't broken in." (Perhaps the only valid reason.)

There's always some reason not to run the "old, slow 4.6." :-D

I've also noticed that if I don't start the conversation, there won't be a conversation. Just a lot of glares for some reason. :shrug:

I have had countless Mustangs: 2 03 Cobra convertibles, an 03 Mach 1, a 99 GT, 05 GT, 03 V6 coupe, 00 GT, 01 V6 coupe...you name it. I've always shown respect for fellow Mustang owners of all kinds. I remember what it was like working with the 3.8 V6 back when and trying to get power out of it. Yeah, I wanted the GT, but having the V6 didn't keep me from attending shows and hanging out with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. I discovered a LOT of the V8 guys used to have V6's to start, and they usually had some nice aftermarket V6 parts for sale. :-D

I guess that's why I don't much like the 5.0. The owners keep to themselves at meets, like the 5th gen Camaro guys, and act like because they have the newest model they are better than everyone.

It'd be cool if once, just ONCE, I could meet someone who owns one that isn't a tool and who I could actually ask how they like their car. Who knows, in the future I might own one. But I sold my 2012 SS Camaro for the same reason I wouldn't buy a 5.0 right now: the owner's circle was full of d-bags. :shrug:

And yes, the Trans Am crowd tends to be the same way, as you said. :-D

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
AS a Gt500 owner, I aleways wave to Mustangs, whether it is a v6 fox body or a 14 5.0, what I find surprising is how FEW of them wave back. I am a gearhead at heart, I will appreciate any fast, good looking car. If it is faster than me,or I get outdriven, OK, it happens, and I give props. But on the street, where I do not race (I keep it at the track) I don't understand why people don't return the wave. And I hate to pile on, but seriously the worst ones do seem to be the 20 somethings in GT's. Hey, when I was 20 something if I could have afforded a nice 30k+ car I would be proud too, but as mentioned above, there IS ALWAYS someone faster. So share in the brotherhood of musclecar owners.

Man it trips me out when other mustang guys dont even look over haha. Its like REALLY?! You dont see, or even more HEAR my car. Wish guys were more like you. :beer:

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Yeah I saw a guy with a Mach 1 tonight on my way home. He was in the turning lane coming my direction and I was going straight waiting at the light. I knew he would turn in front of me and I thought I would get a thumbs up or some shit.

Nope, this d bag comes fish tailing around the turn and then revs his engine as he takes off and straightens the car. He didnt even glance over but his exhibition was certainly for my benefit. What, did he think I was going to get a hard on or something? I just laughed. I mean, what the hell are you trying to prove to a guy who owns a GT500? Im not freaking judging you for having a slower car nor do I give a damn. I just thought we were both Mustang owners and could be besties. lol

91z28350

Established Member
Man it trips me out when other mustang guys dont even look over haha. Its like REALLY?! You dont see, or even more HEAR my car. Wish guys were more like you. :beer:

You would definitely get a thumbs up from me, I really dig Mach 1's! Love the Shaker. Hell, I even gave a thumb up to a nice looking SRT8. Didn't matter that I had a faster ride, it was a nice looking car, I gave it props. Almost bought one in '10, bought a house instead. Good decision on my part, got the Shelby in Oct. '11.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
You would definitely get a thumbs up from me, I really dig Mach 1's! Love the Shaker. Hell, I even gave a thumb up to a nice looking SRT8. Didn't matter that I had a faster ride, it was a nice looking car, I gave it props. Almost bought one in '10, bought a house instead. Good decision on my part, got the Shelby in Oct. '11.

I am OBSSESSED with modular fords, so its all love here haha. Fox bodies and first gens
get love also though. Ive said this time and time again, SRT8s are THE best sounding factory cars out of the pony car class hands down. Great decision on the house too haha.

Yeah I saw a guy with a Mach 1 tonight on my way home. He was in the turning lane coming my direction and I was going straight waiting at the light. I knew he would turn in front of me and I thought I would get a thumbs up or some shit.

Nope, this d bag comes fish tailing around the turn and then revs his engine as he takes off and straightens the car. He didnt even glance over but his exhibition was certainly for my benefit. What, did he think I was going to get a hard on or something? I just laughed. I mean, what the hell are you trying to prove to a guy who owns a GT500? Im not freaking judging you for having a slower car nor do I give a damn. I just thought we were both Mustang owners and could be besties. lol

Heres the thing I usually do get a chub from seeing stuff like that but if the guy doesn't acknowledge me I wrote him/her off as a douche. Ive received and given plenty of revs to say hello but I always acknowledge the other car. Its just muscle car manners haha.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
It'd be cool if once, just ONCE, I could meet someone who owns one that isn't a tool and who I could actually ask how they like their car. Who knows, in the future I might own one.

:-D

Fantastic cars. Interior is much better then my old Cobra (although the 32V in my Cobra sounded much better to me). My main complaint about mine is the size and weight. It is a big car, far to big for a Pony class car IMO. Don't care much for the nannies, but I can live with that. It is mostly the size and weight. If I could have this car in the same package size as my LX, it would be so much more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread