Group Buy For T-56 Magnum!

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Well this is kind of short notice and really only applies to those of us close to the MD, VA, south PA area. Another member and myself have gotten a certain vendor to cut a few hundred bucks off the $2995 Tremec price. The more people who order one with us the lower the price will be. We are looking to place the order next week sometime so if anyone is interested please shoot me a PM and I will give you all of the details. The only catch is we have to have them shipped to the same place. Thats why It has to be local interested members or anyone willing to travel. Let me know guys!

stangfreak

Established Member
I didn't buy mine yet due to some issues I was having. Interested in what price we can get. How many people do we need

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Is this a bolt-in upgrade for an 03/04 cobra?

If not, what changes are needed and what benifits does this provide?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Some minor stuff, add some clearance where the shifter comes through and shave a couple ears off the trans. You also need to shorten the drive shaft and add a new upgraded yoke. All the electrical plugs are suppose to be plug and play. I believe it's going to be well worth the extra work. I've seen in person how much "beefier" the output shaft is than our stock piece. Not to mention the gears are noticeably larger too which obviously is added strength. These transmissions are know for their butter like shifting too.

Right now we only need one more person and we can get them each for $2700 and some change. They may come down more if there are more of you guys ready to buy. The price went up this Jan from $2700 to almost $3000. This has been the one of the only vendors to actually work on the price with us. Needless to say I'm excited either way!

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
All done. Had Awesome Service with Steve at Tasca! Cant say enough for his customer service. It's BAR NONE!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tim, you're a bit experienced now with this transmission. Can you post up what you like best? IE. how much better it is than the T-56.

oldmodman

Established Member
Too bad I'm in Los Angeles. If Steve would be willing to do a drop ship I will buy one too. With the 2.66 gearset.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
You both will be very happy! .... Steve is great to work with!

Yes Best Customer Service Ive had in a long time! Wish I could get the same service from the Boating Forums! Steve's The Man!

Yes sir I hope so haha. Im sure I will be in touch with you Tim for some guidance if I run into issues.

Well we have 2 to do so hopefully by the time the first ones is in the second will be a breeze! Except your being SRA and Mine still IRS. CANT WAIT!

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
I didn't have to shave ears off mine when installing it. I also got a dynotech driveshaft as you need to shorten the driveshaft by roughly an 1". If you keep the stock unit, it'll need a new yoke. All connectors are plug and play as well. The only thing I had to do was buy a shifter handle... I got a tri ax handle and used a drill press to open up the holes so it would bolt to the t56 magnum shifter... Mines a 2.97 first gear transmission and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread