GROUP PURCHASE ON HOOD SHOCKS

my03svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
Well, we are up to 32 sets. I know there is more interest out there. Please sign up now, let's get to 50 sets and get a great deal.

-------------------------------------------------

Additional information! PLEASE READ!

Well, I got with Steve at Mass-Air and he will honor $10 shipping flat rate for the continental 48 states. For those who had multiple orders going to the same address, I will pass along that information to Steve and you will probably get a reduced rate. As of now, I expect to have all information collected and the list sent in on Monday, Setpember 8th. It will be the responsilibity of everyone to call into Steve the week of 9/8 until 9/15 to give CC and address information.

More soon!

John

HEY John,
thanks for all the info and all your help !!

sean

lethal

Established Member
GP Status

All-

As of this post, we are up to 40 sets. I'll be headed out of town tomorrow morning for a trip and will not be back until Sunday. I will not have access to computers, so I will not be able to respond until then. The plan is simple, keep those orders coming in. On Sunday night I will be mass e-mailing all of you with the final number of units, the number and when to call.

To reiterate earlier posts:

Price: As soon as we hit 50 units, its $49.50 a piece, right now they are $61.20 + shipping.

Shipping: $10 flat to continental us, multiple orders and out of continental us shipping will be negotiated with Steve.

Problems: email john ([email protected])

End of GP: 09/08/2003, list will be given to Steve, e-mail sent to everyone. Actual order will be placed 09/15/03 (or so) and Steve will inform us of ship dates. You MUST call him with your CC information and address once I send out the end of GP e-mail. You will have from 9/8/03 to 9/15/03 to do so (unless you have already).

Lastly: Now, it is completely possible that my server will go down to to a long enough power outage (yes, I have a UPS on it, but there have been some bad storms down here lately). If you get a bounce back from the e-mail or the site is down, you can PM me here and I'll get caught up with everything.

Hopefully everything has been answered.... if not, ask away.

-John

P.S. JB, how do you prefer I get information to you?

Last edited:

MineralGrey03

Established Member
We were at 49 when I checked the site. I've added 3 additional sets to my order (4 tot) just to make sure we're over 50 sets. As of now we are at 52. (If I counted correctly)

John

coleman

Established Member
MineralGrey03, thank you. :beer:
You're saving us all $12 on each set.
$12 x 50 = $600 savings! :thumbsup:

did anyone else from the dallas area want one?

lethal

Established Member
Well guys, just made it home from Philly.... looks like we've made the cut to 50. Congrats to all. The list will be submitted to Steve at mass-air.com and I'll keep you all informed via e-mail and here.

Wow.... you guys kicked ass. I just cleaned up the list and its available for you guys to look at. I'll be submitting the list in the morning to Steve. Does the list look right to you guys ... 62 sets?

John

lethal

Established Member
It's done.

I have completed the list and mailed it off to Steve @ mass-air.com. I got e-mails bouncing back from coleman and xtremejc ... let me know if you want to e-mail you at a different address or whatever.

Thanks to everyone who made this a reality. Please check your e-mail inboxes and I will update you as things progress.

I'm tired and going to bed. Make sure to get your order into Steve ... we're at 62 sets, so we're getting them for $49.50 + $10 shipping. E-mail questions to me.

John

hardhit99

Established Member
I know the group buy looks to be finished, but i wanted to point you guys in the direction of a similar deal that i found and ordered for my car. This company offers a nice looking kit for the group buy price that you are paying without the group buy, and less shipping.

99 to 04 years
http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-MUS-9904-STOCK.html

94 to 98
http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-MUS-9498-STOCK.html

94 to 98 with Cobra R hood
http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-MUS-9498-R.html

Their kits are regularly priced at 59.95 for everything, plus 9.50 shipping and handling. The good thing is that they also sell their kits on ebay, and they can be had for 49.95 plus 9.50 shipping.

I think that is a better deal than the group buy considering you are getting the exact same setup for the same price, without the group buy.

The main reason i thought i would post about this deal is because I am also sure that this company would offer a group buy for much less (maybe somewhere around 30.00 to 40.00 plus shipping) with 62 people buying their kits.

Just to clear up, i have nothing to do with this company, i was pointed in their direction by someone on another Mustang board. I am expecting my kit from them today.

Last edited:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I actually saw their kit also. But I have committed to this group buy and to back out now would not be cool.

hardhit99

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
I actually saw their kit also. But I have committed to this group buy and to back out now would not be cool.

understood, just figured i would share for anyone who was looking in the future but couldn't get in on this group buy. If it were me, i would not back out either.

lethal

Established Member
I'm a little put off on this. Thanks for the heads up but this thing was talked about for so long that I figured we were getting (and I believe still are) a good price.

I just got a call from Steve, and he basically didn't know who he was talking to, and said he was calling everyone on the list that was sent and "the guy" hadn't sent him all the info he needed. Well, I informed him I was the guy, he asked me about JB and some of the others he could not contact. Anyhow, I will try to resolve any problems and I hope everyone gets their item for the price agreed to and that everyone is thrilled.

I am less inclined to ever do this again. It's a shame too. On my ethics I didn't want to collect too much personal data from everyone (address, CC#, etc) and still make this happen. I just wanted to get everyone a deal. The guy seemed to be completely ambivalent about the business. I wasn't looking for a freebie or anything -- just a little gratitude. Wow. I feel like crap.

John

Users who are viewing this thread