GROUP PURCHASE ON HOOD SHOCKS

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
John,

Don't feel like crap. I am sticking with the group buy because of your hard work which I appreciate very much.

Thanks!!!

coleman

Established Member
well i just got off the line with steve & he said that the price was 49.95 + $5 for '94 & newer.

that alone :mj:

so, what's up? why the different price?!?

kgcobra03

Established Member
Steve did quote me a price of $54.95 for 99 to present years. Plus $10.00 shipping.
I will still participate if the numbers are 50 or above. If we drop below 50, Steve's prices are to high for my liking, and will then order from another vendor.

Thanks, Mike

coleman

Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
So are you now saying that it's $54.95 + shipping? or $49.95 + shipping?
$54.95 + shipping

someone has made a mistake & i don't like being taken advantage of.
we made 50 given a specific price & now the price increases when we *all* have '03 cobras ... that must have been known.

:gt: who else is upset?

my03svtcobra

Established Member
sorry guys
i just found this out for my self i agreed to the price
54.95 for my self i did not talk to him directly my wife did
first off the price was as posted he never said it was a differant kit for other years and he also knew i had an 03 cobra so i will talk to him wednessday

i started this not john so if you need to vent, vent to me and i will vent to steve. i have no connections what so ever to his co.
i just saw them and thought it would make a great g/p

John thanks again for the time and effert you did a great job!!

sean

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
$54.95 + shipping

someone has made a mistake & i don't like being taken advantage of.
we made 50 given a specific price & now the price increases when we *all* have '03 cobras ... that must have been known.

:gt: who else is upset?

man not to be flaming but 5 bucks really isnt that much. I was glad to spend an extra 5 bucks on my cobra. Im not too worried. Most people arent. supposedly they are shipping very soon because they confirmed all 50 orders. Ill be glad to get them

coleman

Established Member
it's a matter of principal. my gosh, didn't anyone discover this a little earlier.

steve said it was 49.95.
i said but that's supposed to be 49.50 -- geez.
and if ithis is for a 94+, it's $5 more cuz there are more parts.

damn, we're all '03 cobras.
didn't these people at least look at the post regarding the group purchase?

i'm still upset -- i've had a bad day :(

lethal

Established Member
I'm numb to this situation. I feel betrayed, but exacly where the communication breakdown is, I'm not sure. In any event, I hope I was able to get everyone a better deal, but not sure it was worth my time. Gotcha like this make GP's more hassle then they are worth. And to think, I was *so* close to accepting paypal from everyone and doing a single order with 50-60 units providing a single charge to Steve and giving him the addresses so he could ship directly.

What a circus that would have been.

At this point, I hope everyone orders and enjoys the product.

John

lethal

Established Member
I just got an e-mail from Steve, it looks like we got a great piece of equipment.... read on:

John,

Some questions we have been asked, you might want to email everyone with the answers...............One person said he heard of someone who had a bracket break, we have never heard of a bracket breaking, but if it did, ALL PARTS (including cylinders) of this kit are covered under our lifetime warranty, just make sure you SAVE your original invoice...........also some questions on using with fiberglass hoods, here is the answer - For all STOCK fiberglass hoods and most aftermarket fiberglass hoods, our standard pressure cylinders should work fine, since these fiberglass hoods weigh almost as much as the steel ones......if you are using a lighter weight or lighter construction fiberglass hood, then we offer lighter pressure cylinders, simply specify "Lite" cylinders when you order (no change in price)..........

-----------------------------

Edit: The other hood shocks only offer a 2 year, non transferable, stock hood only warranty

"2 year limited warranty:
Redline Tuning warrants all components included in the Mustang Quick-Lift kit for 2 years from the date of purchase. Kits transferred between vehicles voids the warranty. Our warranty for this kit is only valid if installed on a 1999-2004 Mustang with a stock hood (includes Cobra model) installed. Though our kit can be adapted to many aftermarket hoods, the warranty will not cover those installations. Our manual and testing is specific to the stock hoods for 1999-2004 model years. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions."

John

Last edited:

hardhit99

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
I just got an e-mail from Steve, it looks like we got a great piece of equipment.... read on:

John,

Some questions we have been asked, you might want to email everyone with the answers...............One person said he heard of someone who had a bracket break, we have never heard of a bracket breaking, but if it did, ALL PARTS (including cylinders) of this kit are covered under our lifetime warranty, just make sure you SAVE your original invoice...........also some questions on using with fiberglass hoods, here is the answer - For all STOCK fiberglass hoods and most aftermarket fiberglass hoods, our standard pressure cylinders should work fine, since these fiberglass hoods weigh almost as much as the steel ones......if you are using a lighter weight or lighter construction fiberglass hood, then we offer lighter pressure cylinders, simply specify "Lite" cylinders when you order (no change in price)..........

-----------------------------

Edit: The other hood shocks only offer a 2 year, non transferable, stock hood only warranty

"2 year limited warranty:
Redline Tuning warrants all components included in the Mustang Quick-Lift kit for 2 years from the date of purchase. Kits transferred between vehicles voids the warranty. Our warranty for this kit is only valid if installed on a 1999-2004 Mustang with a stock hood (includes Cobra model) installed. Though our kit can be adapted to many aftermarket hoods, the warranty will not cover those installations. Our manual and testing is specific to the stock hoods for 1999-2004 model years. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions."

John

This group purchase is through redlinetuning.com?

hardhit99

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
No.... red line tuning is where you got yours, they come with a 2 year warranty. The GP shocks have a life time warranty.

John

got it. I can't read today :lol1:.

Yea the warranty really wasn't a concern to me, i just wanted to find them for the lowest price. Not only that, but i would lose the original invoice :D and because who knows if these companies are going to be around in the 5 years it may take to break one ;-).

coleman

Established Member
my03svtcobra & lethal, i do appreciate all your hard work. :beer:
GPs are always a pain, but think of how much money you've saved us.

it's like going to closing & finding out that the lower interest rate wasn't locked in or something like that...

lethal

Established Member
I thought this was the only offering. Honestly, I wasn't trying to poke at the product but I'm glad we have something that is perhaps a decent quality since they are offering a lifetime warranty. Either way, as long as everyone is satisifed, that's all that matters.

Update: 48 sets confirmed, essentially, we made it. Look for shipments to begin Monday, the 15th. I'll keep you guys posted.

John

Users who are viewing this thread