GT350 on Order. Now we wait.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Order Revised.jpg

jimmy77

Established Member
500-750 R's and around 5k regular GT350 for at least 2 model years. As was said earlier 1k buy in and allocations allotted based upon prior year mustang sales.

I'm baffled by some of this logic floating around.

First off, why would Ford spend big bucks to develop a very capable car...and then limit its production? The fact that it costs 50k plus ALREADY makes it self limiting. Don't they want to get their investment back? You'd think they would build and sell all that they could. You see, they DON"T mark-up cars they "sell" to the dealer. The more they build and sell...the more money they make. At least Chrysler(hellcat) is only limited by production ability. Yes I know..their dealers gouge too. Whats my point? My point is 50k is a big gulp for most....70 k is out of the question. My other point is BOTH manufacturers have left a LOT of money on the table because of the current practices. If a dealer can't live with 5 or 6 k profit on 1 car then theres something wrong...kudos to those dealers who do sell for MSRP.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'm excited to see what these cars do. Happy for you OP. Gonna be a badass ride.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Why do you guys care what he pays for the car? Its none of your business. Just be happy for the guy buying a cool car. The car is worth what he is willing to pay for it. This is why forums are dying, too many trolls that just want to argue.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Why do you guys care what he pays for the car? Its none of your business. Just be happy for the guy buying a cool car. The car is worth what he is willing to pay for it. This is why forums are dying, too many trolls that just want to argue.

Forums are dying?

Agreed with you on the rest. Plus good luck buying a car like this even close to MSRP let alone under, most dealerships will tell you to get lost.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I'm excited to see what these cars do. Happy for you OP. Gonna be a badass ride.

Thanks man. Same here. Taking a little bit of a risk here ordering before the numbers come out but from what I'm hearing it's going to be very good. It will see the track for sure. The next 3 months are going to be long.

94_Vert

Established Member
At MSRP they are getting a profit. The dealer I'm getting it from is putting a small ADM on most of the orders mainly due to supply/demand.

I have no problem with dealers making a profit, the part that irks me is how they try to fool people into thinking that M.S.R.P. is their COST, using terms like "invoice". If they would just level with people and say we have a lot of overhead and this is what we need to make on this vehicle I think it would go over much better.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I have no problem with dealers making a profit, the part that irks me is how they try to fool people into thinking that M.S.R.P. is their COST, using terms like "invoice". If they would just level with people and say we have a lot of overhead and this is what we need to make on this vehicle I think it would go over much better.

WTH? Do you want this info every where you shop? I work PT at a department store and my scanner shows me the store cost for everything, some of that crap is marked up 300%.

96slowbra

Established Member
I would bet that most Ford Stores average around $1000-$1500 front end profit(mark up from invoice), Ford on the other hand probably carries an average of about $10,000-$20,000 per copy on the Dealerships. That being said, I hope my store gets allocation for one, I just sold my 2010 GT500 with 10,000 miles... I would love to pay sticker!

Last edited:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I bought it at MSRP and at this point in time I'm perfectly happy with paying that amount. I know they are making money on it and don't care. That's kinda the point of making a product.

klr16G

Established Member
I think it just comes down to you "gotta pay to play" kinda thing here that fords doing, smart and make them an extra buck or two for the next mustang.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I talked to a larger dealer, getting 10 350's and 2 R's I believe by end of year. Said they are selling them on first come first serve basis.

RS and Raptor by Summer and GT by end of 2016.

Far as I know, order banks for Raptors won't even be open this time next year.

Users who are viewing this thread