~GT42 Turbo 98 Cobra Build with pics! 56K Clean you IMRCs~

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Those welds are just ridiculous!!! Amazing work. I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
nice proyect, nice pics!!! love how that cobra looks....

which trans will you use???

what spring you have on that wg???

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
nice proyect, nice pics!!! love how that cobra looks....

which trans will you use???

what spring you have on that wg???

Trans is currently a 3650 with upgraded clutch, Steeda triax but I've already contacted Liberty About a Viper Spec T56

The WG spring is a 8 pound spring to start (concidering im running a stock motor lol). The turbo will eventually be spun to around 22-25 psi or so

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
looks nice how much for fabrication?

4K for the fabrication, and install, 3 hours for basic tune, pusher fans, fabbing of a over flow tank, redoing of the cooling and a/c lines and PS lines.

I supplied the turbo,injectors,MAF,BOV,Injectors, Pump, WG, intercooler

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
that guy is an awesome tig welder, you should be really happy with that.

Also, awesome job on the turbo.

Looks liek your going for a savings route, how much to you plan to spend total on parts and set up up?

cobrasan

Established Member
that turbo can make a ton of power so you may want to ditch the 42# injectors.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Car actually runs 3 rad fans. 2 pushers and 1 puller fan.

The car is runnign 42# injectors because it still on a stock motor and anythign bigger was pointless for awhile

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I picked the car up today and i will scan and post the dyno sheet tomarrow.

At ony 5 psi the car made 390rwhp/380ftlbs trq and hit full boost by 4000rpms.

I wanted to play it safe on the hp side as grenading the motor wasn't something i could afford after this.

Charge temps NEVER get over 120degrees

Yes i know thats NOTHING for this turbo, but between having to pay off my 04expedition and finshing school in 4 months OR blowing the rest of my money on this car....i cant tell you which got the vote.

The kit will support any power that i could concieve wanting anytime soon so id rather have ALOT of room to grow then none at all

crazycarlo

Established Member
Awesome man. Im going to be putting the blower on my car in the next week hopefully. I just got done ordering all the parts.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
very nice. I cant wait to see the curve. I had a gt47-80 on my 03 cobra and it spooled a lot faster than people thought. The turbo you have is the BEST hands down turbo for the street/strip. My big ass turbo was for the highway races.

Dont get greedy and turn it up and blow your motor, you sound like you know what you are doing... the upgrades and more boost will come later but keep it safe for now and just enjoy it!

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Well that didn't take long at all. Drove the car for about an hour yesteday not even all that hard. Drove it for 30 min today and saw white smoke from under teh hood and had never reved the car over 3k today. Pulled over and smoke was pouring out the passenger side near the firewall. Coolant on the firewall too.

Had the shop come out to where i was with a trailor and the builder came with. There was a large amount of coolant missing from the expansion tank and he checked the pump and he didnt think it was moving any coolant....Great. Pumps bad, and he's worried that the coolant on the firewall is from a warped head, which sucks because as soon as i saw the smoke i checked the gauge and it was only between the M and A on the gauge it never even got close to the red.

What do you guys think? Blown head gasket? Warped head? none of the above?
Im hoping it something simple like a coolant line, but that wouldnt explain the water pump not moving coolant. But if the pump was bad how was coolant getting to the back of the motor to spray out for any conciderable amount of time. Were talking ai probably lost 2-3quarts of coolant

Users who are viewing this thread