~GT42 Turbo 98 Cobra Build with pics! 56K Clean you IMRCs~

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I dont know man, Im sorry to hear that. I know what it feels like.

stupid question but where are the 02 sensors placed? Mine blew up the same way, no wot runs, just in closed loop because the 02 sensors were in the wrong spot. Mine literally melted the WHOLE motor. Nothing could be salvaged besides the sullivan intake and turbo system.

Im not really sure whats going on with yours though, it sounds a little different..... let us know what you find out and again, Im sorry man.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Yeah thanks man, i super bumbed about this too. I was really hoping to tget this car on the road alittle longer and maybe start producing these things as a kit because just on that boost level the car really felt strong and ran so well. I don't really have any money to put another motor in it right now either unforunately so i'm worried the car will sit awhile :(

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Car is better, was a coolant cross over on the back of the heads. There is a bolt that comes out of the fireweall supporting the heater core thats in a HORRIBLE position. Over time it had just worn away at the rubber hose and eventually just punctured it.

Here's a pic

JamesHoseLine500.jpg

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
So did u finally get the tube fixed and get the Car back man? If so I wanna ride sometime.

Yes, been driving it the past few days and it's definately a fun car. I have afew more things planned for the next week or so thoug. But yeah i'll take you for a ride no doubt

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Well alittle update, seems the stock tranny just wasn't gooa do it. She's been whining BAD for the past few weeks as i've been searching for a replacement. Found a 3000 mile T56 with everything so i'm going tomarrow to pick it up :)

I'll grab some pics of the install as well.

Also think i maybe picking up a shortblock soon so hopefully it will be a fun spring :)

Helomech74

Established Member
Well alittle update, seems the stock tranny just wasn't gooa do it. She's been whining BAD for the past few weeks as i've been searching for a replacement. Found a 3000 mile T56 with everything so i'm going tomarrow to pick it up :)

I'll grab some pics of the install as well.

Also think i maybe picking up a shortblock soon so hopefully it will be a fun spring :)

If you need any advice on the T56 swap feel free to PM me and ask. I have done this swap on a few cars including my own. Very easy swap to do, just make sure the tranny you are getting is not hurt, otherwise you will get to pull it back out to fix it.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
LOL Hell the whole cra is for sale for the right price man....Why just settle for the turbo :p

Picked up my T56 today......it looks brand new. The car it came out of had 3000 miles on it from a female driver and was never driven in the rain, and its pretty evident from the look of this tranny

Users who are viewing this thread