GT500 in the wrong place at the right time

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
It happened on the creek turnpike. I live in Glenpool so after i left the gas station i was heading north on US-75 to the creek turnpike eastbound. I raced them all the way through jenks on the turnpike LoL. then where the turnpike turns into hwy 169 i got off on 81st st.

I know exactly...for a min i was thinking what turnpike has three lanes? i had a brain fart :bash: Most turnpikes around here just have two.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
That must have felt soo awesome OP I've got a hard on just thinking about 3 Camaros trying to race me!

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
2.6 Pulley w/ Shelby HE & Fans
JLT CAI & MAF
Jon Lund Tune
Spec Twin Disc Clutch
3:73 gears
aluminum drive shaft
Borla Exhuast[/QUOT

Great showing with just the basic up-grades!!:beer:

Will make my final upgrades to the car this fall after "car season" ends. Gonna go ahead and do a S/C swap and upgrade the fuel system then im done.

08KR525

Established Member
Ha Ha. Great story. Afterwards they probably swore to each other to NEVER speak of the episode again!

hitmix300

Established Member
i love making a point with chevy guys. around where i live they talk alot of shit, but most of them are big heavy pigs. I thought my car was heavy haha

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Will make my final upgrades to the car this fall after "car season" ends. Gonna go ahead and do a S/C swap and upgrade the fuel system then im done.

FWIW=On my 09 I ran the 2.9 with 72lbs/BAP, Headers/10% IW/ 127mm CAI + L/M TB-Loved those 700+ whp & 660tq and with the 3:73's- she pulled so hard in 3rd/ 4th I would break the 315's lose. Not even the 5.0's could catch me...........

Great kills:beer:

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
be careful making assumptions when you see SS badges

Im sure somewhere in the good old usa there is a lethal SS running around. But its not a norm, you just dont see it or least i have not. The chances of me running into a lethal 5th gen SS on the street would be like running into a McLaren F1 on the street. In the sense that is it possible? yeah sure but once in a blue moon by an act of god.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Great kill OP! We only get to hear of or see those kind of kills in the movies. I would've paid money to have seen their faces. I bet you ruined their little get together and they just split up and went home after that.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I got my ass handed to me in my 5.0 by an all blacked out SS. He had supercharger, cam and bolt-ons. Getting your ass handed to you by one, like any car, will turn you humble... watch and see... every dog has their day.

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
I got my ass handed to me in my 5.0 by an all blacked out SS. He had supercharger, cam and bolt-ons. Getting your ass handed to you by one, like any car, will turn you humble... watch and see... every dog has their day.

i 100% agree with you. There is always someone faster.

Users who are viewing this thread