GT500 Reviews

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
All the reviews seem to call the 2013 car "tame" but amazing. With way over 600+ hp, I don't get how this car could be called tame. Lol

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I think they are calling it that because they honestly went in with the expectation of a car that was difficult to handle and would make you work to keep control...personally I think its a positive despite what they say :shrug:

blair223

Established Member
One of my biggest worries in the beginning was that 650+ HP car would be too much for a DD. Sounds like the SVT guys did a great job making this a very drivable car.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
My car is more powerful than the 2013 in stock configuration and improvements have been made to upgrade what Ford should have done.

Daily driving a car like this, you'd honestly not expect it to be so "tame" at part throttle. I'm here to tell you, when driving normal, you don't know all the power is on tap waiting to be released. It drives so normal, it's unreal.

When I go to car meets, my exhaust is average. Nothing outrageous....nothing obnoxious like the LSx owners with their loppy cams. They think my car is slow. After they race me, they can't believe it. When I take them for a ride, they comment how the car feels, looks, drives stock until I go WOT.

A friend told his friend, while looking at my car, that my car was faster than his. His friend not knowing my car said, "This thing? It's stock, how can it be faster than your car?" :lol1:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
My car is more powerful than the 2013 in stock configuration and improvements have been made to upgrade what Ford should have done.

Daily driving a car like this, you'd honestly not expect it to be so "tame" at part throttle. I'm here to tell you, when driving normal, you don't know all the power is on tap waiting to be released. It drives so normal, it's unreal.

When I go to car meets, my exhaust is average. Nothing outrageous....nothing obnoxious like the LSx owners with their loppy cams. They think my car is slow. After they race me, they can't believe it. When I take them for a ride, they comment how the car feels, looks, drives stock until I go WOT.

A friend told his friend, while looking at my car, that my car was faster than his. His friend not knowing my car said, "This thing? It's stock, how can it be faster than your car?" :lol1:

and thats the way to go right there.....:beer:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
True about UB's statement. My car drives very normal until I hit the vertical pedal on the right. Then the Corsa's boom out and people take notice. Though I am still waiting to Dyno, I am pretty sure I am making the same power A 13 puts down. If not, its dam close. Makes for a fun drive to work :)

Today I was on the TP when I came up behind a school bus full of kids. The look on their faces were priceless. So I hung there for a bit, got over on the clear side, and accelerated just enough for the exhaust to sound off. I could see them in window pointing and going Ooo Ahhh :) Puts a smile on my face.

Our cars are great cars to drive. It seems Ford just made the 13 extra fun out of the box, modding optional.

Users who are viewing this thread