GT500 Sightings. Post 'em in here!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
First GT500 spotted on the road

I went out for lunch today and saw my first Shelby on the road today. Sorry no pics. It was red with white stripes. It looked pretty good in person. Alot better than the white vert. no stripe factory promo. car I saw here in June. It was on Hwy 158 (reidsville Road), just exiting from business 40 East in Winston-Salem, NC.

Grenade

Banned
A guy in my Svt Club got his Shelby in. I like the GT 500. However, his color combo is that weird orange with gray strips. It is Horrible. He ruined a really nice car. Am I the only one that thinks that color combo :xpl:

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
Grenade said:
A guy in my Svt Club got his Shelby in. I like the GT 500. However, his color combo is that weird orange with gray strips. It is Horrible. He ruined a really nice car. Am I the only one that thinks that color combo :xpl:

yeah I am not digging the new orange color, but then again I haven't seen one in person yet either so all I have to go on is that pic. that was posted awhile ago.

freakshow12

Established Member
I just ordered an orange vert! its the fastest color LOL. its a love or hate thing but it pays homage to the old ones and I like being different

Grenade

Banned
freakshow12 said:
I just ordered an orange vert! its the fastest color LOL. its a love or hate thing but it pays homage to the old ones and I like being different
Well I hate it. I don't see any goard orange or whatever classic Shelby Mustangs. Usually in Red, white or blue, or black. That yellow/orange is awful.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I was just complaining that i've not seen one here in my area and behold at the monday night Summit car show tonight, guess what appears near the end of the show? A black with dark silver stripes GT500 ,the owner bought it from Wade Ford a dealer in Cobb county, Ga. Car was nice but sat up too high in the rear IMO. I guess the same could be said about all previous late model Cobra's , but over all it was nice. Of course i didn't have a camera but maybe FADE TO BLACK had his, he was there also.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
What and Awesome way to start my Morning

Wow, so words cannot describe how excited I just was. All I can say is I am shaking. I did manage to get my head screwed on tight enough this morning to remember to take pictures though. So instead of just telling you through this I am going to do it like a picture book.

So the begining of the story takes place with me in my grungy 1995 Maxima driving from Hoover Alabama into Bessemer Alabama (where I work). I take Hwy 150 the whole way and just before I am about to cross Lakeshore drive I see this behind me and about shit myself....
photo082306001oh3.jpg

This was a very cool picture right here...and really got my blood flowing when I first noticed the car behind me.
photo082306002dl6.jpg

So I then wait to get a chance to let him drive by so that I can really hear and see this car. Finally a break in traffic and I give him the thumbs up and the fly by signal if there is universal one.

photo082306003fj4.jpg

I then deserted my original idea of taking pictures in favor of some video..crappy quality but video none the less. I can't figure out how to host it easily so if anyone is willing to help me I will be glad to send you the videos...they are small since they are on my phone.

If you will remember last week I posted a picture of this car.
photo081706005bi5.jpg

Well apparently the car hasn't gone to far from the dealership since it has a dealer tag on it. I did talk to the guy he told me he loved it he also told me that he was getting the Tungstun stripes put on next week...I had no problem telling exactly what it was without the stripes after the stripes he is going to stick out like a green hat with an orange bill.

Cool car, sure was awesome seeing my first one on the street moving and running.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Mike:

Cool! :coolman:

I'm going to merge this into the "sightings" thread just so you know.

Bruce

Oh cool didn't even see that sticky'd seems like a perfect place. Thanks for doing that I will keep ya'll posted with more pictures as I see them.

Today has been a hell of a day for sightings. On the streets of Birmingham today I have seent he following.
Yellow 2006 Z06
Black 2005 Lotus Elise
Black 2006 Mallet V8 Pontiac Soltice
Alloy 2007 GT-500

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Route 23 south in Butler New Jersey at 5pm this afternoon. First one I have seen on the road in NJ. Red with white stripes and had dealer temp tag in rear window. the car looked great and sounded great. I know that I want one to sit along side my 04 Mystic in the garage. Its just a matter of how long it takes for the prices to come down. Just not sure yet what color combo. But after seeing the Red with white stripe today that is definitely one of my color choices.

04MysticCobra

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Hey guys! I barely got back from the local strip. (Irwindale Speedway, Ca) And I saw a Gt-500 running. The guy of coarse couldn’t get it to hook right but damn was it fast. He was a Middle Eastern guy not sure but he was really cool. I took many pics of it and I will post them up as soon as I can.

It was red with white stripes. The engine looked very like too crammed in there. It was bone stock.

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
There is one Shelby here in El Paso. Its been here for about 2 weeks now. I am very surprised that there is one here in El Paso this quickly after being available to the public.

EPSHELBY3.jpg

EPSHELBY2.jpg

EPSHELBY.jpg

EPSHELBY1.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
GT500's EVERYWHERE!!!

Our local Chapter of SVTOA went on a cruise to Bob Perkins's place today. After belonging to Mustang Clubs going there for almost 20 years, this is the first year I have been able to go. Bob is a Nationally recognized Mustang restoration shop and NOS parts supplier.

Afterward we stopped at one of our member's houses for some social libations. Look what we had there:

rwbsmfd5.jpg

A pretty rare sight at this time!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PS I'm kind of partial to the red, but that blue looked damn sweet!

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
As I was going to get my nitto's mounted, I saw a red one with white stripes today in West Mifflin, Pa.

frankin

Established Member
I saw a blue coupe yesterday, while I was driving my old beater truck to work. He was turning on to 44 west of 95 in New Smyrna Beach FL.

Last edited:

aaandht

Established Member
Seen three already(2 within 10 minutes of eachother)...they are starting to get boring:D

About 2 weeks ago I was going to a local YMCA(Ford/SVT dealer down the street from the gym and their other lot is across from the YMCA). As I'm making the turn into the parking lot I see a White&blue hard top pull into the lot. I parked my car and sat out for a few minutes figuring he'd be driving back to the dealer. GT-500 pulls out...except its a white vert. Pretty nice car. Week or so later I'm going up one of the highways and just randomly look at one of the dealers and see a black and gold GT500 parked outside next to an Elenor edt GT(was checking that one out earlier in the week...$50K for just a body kit? BAH give me the 500!).

Anywho my area is pretty welthy with expensive cars(hell down the road there is a Lambo dealer and a mile from that a Porsche dealer with a Carrera GT), so I'd expect to see more in the coming weeks.

kennycoulter

Established Member
spotted gt500 in unlikely area. toronto ohio

toronto, ohio.....a pretty run down steel/titanium/powerplant town on the edge of the ohio river about 40 minutes from pittsburgh.
i tried to make it home from work on the 26th in time for a car show at the bowling alley in toronto, and after many hours of hanging out with family (and missing the car show), my uncle spotted a new mustang, and i recognized it as a white shelby with dark blue or black stripes(no glasses on). windows were up, my sister said it looked like an older guy.
this surprised me since not many newer or cool cars are in my little podunk town. a week ago my other sisters boyfriend supposedly spotted a black cobra like mine when he was working, but the tint was too dark to see who it was.
are you guys on this board?

Dale99SVT

Established Member
GT500 in Eden

kennycoulter said:
toronto, ohio.....a pretty run down steel/titanium/powerplant town on the edge of the ohio river about 40 minutes from pittsburgh.
i tried to make it home from work on the 26th in time for a car show at the bowling alley in toronto, and after many hours of hanging out with family (and missing the car show), my uncle spotted a new mustang, and i recognized it as a white shelby with dark blue or black stripes(no glasses on). windows were up, my sister said it looked like an older guy.
this surprised me since not many newer or cool cars are in my little podunk town. a week ago my other sisters boyfriend supposedly spotted a black cobra like mine when he was working, but the tint was too dark to see who it was.
are you guys on this board?
Theres a GT500 in the showroom at TriCity Ford in Eden N.C. Really sharpe!

Users who are viewing this thread