Guy in backyard

Vigilante

Established Member
This just happened. I was sleeping and my GF wakes me up and says there is somebody in the back yard. So I put on pants and go check this out. There he is on my porch snooping around. I open the door and ask what the **** is he doing and he flashes some money saying he ran out of gas in the alley and just needs a little and he will pay me for it. I tell him no, all we have is two stroke pointing to the quad on the porch. He promptly leaves.

I get fully dressed and grab my gun from the bedside table and walk out there to see if he was telling the truth. Sure enough small white car, end of alley he is trying to start it. My neighbor across the alley gave him gas. I go out and talk to these two. Supposedly trying to take a shortcut to a main street that's pretty far away. One guy says his name is Pete, Small white focus with a rattle canned white body kit, AZ License plate #AZX0982 and a hole in the front glass on the bottom right.

Reason I'm posting is, is this a criminal checking my neighborhood out? Is that a thing? If I was a criminal I wouldn't be legitimately stuck in the alley asking everyone for gas cause we all know what you look like now. In fact, they are still stuck there. Now that they have gas, their car is over heated. :smmon: Again, I've now gone and talked to them a third time. Asking them where they were coming from, where they can go to get to Kolb(the road they are looking for) where they live. Everytime they didn't hestitate ot give an answer. Both guys are bald, one is 5 10 one is 6 ft ish. One was wearing a green tee and brown shorts the other a white wife beater and had three tats and either a dead tooth or a gold tooth.

I reiterate my point, why the **** would I rob this neighborhood now that people have come to talk to me three different times?

PS Roaming around in people's backyard is a good way to get shot.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
This just happened. I was sleeping and my GF wakes me up and says there is somebody in the back yard. So I put on pants and go check this out. There he is on my porch snooping around. I open the door and ask what the **** is he doing and he flashes some money saying he ran out of gas in the alley and just needs a little and he will pay me for it. I tell him no, all we have is two stroke pointing to the quad on the porch. He promptly leaves.

I get fully dressed and grab my gun from the bedside table and walk out there to see if he was telling the truth. Sure enough small white car, end of alley he is trying to start it. My neighbor across the alley gave him gas. I go out and talk to these two. Supposedly trying to take a shortcut to a main street that's pretty far away. One guy says his name is Pete, Small white focus with a rattle canned white body kit, AZ License plate #AZX0982 and a hole in the front glass on the bottom right.

Reason I'm posting is, is this a criminal checking my neighborhood out? Is that a thing? If I was a criminal I wouldn't be legitimately stuck in the alley asking everyone for gas cause we all know what you look like now. In fact, they are still stuck there. Now that they have gas, their car is over heated. :smmon: Again, I've now gone and talked to them a third time. Asking them where they were coming from, where they can go to get to Kolb(the road they are looking for) where they live. Everytime they didn't hestitate ot give an answer. Both guys are bald, one is 5 10 one is 6 ft ish. One was wearing a green tee and brown shorts the other a white wife beater and had three tats and either a dead tooth or a gold tooth.

I reiterate my point, why the **** would I rob this neighborhood now that people have come to talk to me three different times?

PS Roaming around in people's backyard is a good way to get shot.

Couldn't you just call the police and have them check it out?

They would run their information checking for any outstanding warrants, and it would all be documented?

Vigilante

Established Member
I went to confront them a fourth time with glasses of water(and to collect fingerprints) and they were gone.

As for calling the police, I see you are from Ohio. Idk about Ohio, but in Arizona the police only come out if they are actively trying to break in.

EDIT: Hell the last time time I got into an accident they asked if any was injured. Both parties said no and I quote, "Ok good, because we have more important things coming in over the radio." No report was issued.

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I get fully dressed and grab my gun from the bedside table and walk out there to see if he was telling the truth. Sure enough small white car, end of alley he is trying to start it.

They could pull a fuel pump fuse and fake a breakdown. Rummaging through my backyard = problems. You sound a lot nicer than me. Hope your quad is locked up.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Either they are extremely stupid, or they were casing the place out.

Most normal people would ring a doorbell or knock on the door, introduce themselves and explain the situation, and ask like a civilized person if you had any gas. Not just show up on strangers property snooping around.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If they wanted gas, why the hell didn't they just knock on the front door and ask for it? This sounds fishy as hell.

Vigilante

Established Member
They could pull a fuel pump fuse and fake a breakdown. Rummaging through my backyard = problems. You sound a lot nicer than me. Hope your quad is locked up.

You re right, but accepting help? Telling people your name, letting them see you and giving back a gas bottle with my prints on it = Really stupid to come back. Thank you, I try to be nice lol, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't shoot a weirdo trying to rob me.

Either they are extremely stupid, or they were casing the place out.

Most normal people would ring a doorbell or knock on the door, introduce themselves and explain the situation, and ask like a civilized person if you had any gas. Not just show up on strangers property snooping around.

See that's the same feeling I had. Plus there is a Circle K like a 1000ft away. Granted they don't know the area(if they are legitimate), they are from a lot further away. And they were in the alley, maybe they didn't know how to come to the front door since they were in the back, but still... you are coming up uninvited. I would be thinking the whole time I was gonna get shot.

And it wouldn't surprise me, people here are very stupid.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I would just call the cops and tell them somebody is trying to break in to your home and you are going to kill them. That should get the cops out.

People shouldn't be messing behind your house.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
You re right, but accepting help? Telling people your name, letting them see you and giving back a gas bottle with my prints on it = Really stupid to come back. Thank you, I try to be nice lol, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't shoot a weirdo trying to rob me.

See that's the same feeling I had. Plus there is a Circle K like a 1000ft away. Granted they don't know the area(if they are legitimate), they are from a lot further away. And they were in the alley, maybe they didn't know how to come to the front door since they were in the back, but still... you are coming up uninvited. I would be thinking the whole time I was gonna get shot.

And it wouldn't surprise me, people here are very stupid.

You are assuming they are telling the truth. Did you see ID?

Vigilante

Established Member
You are assuming they are telling the truth. Did you see ID?

I went out a forth time for fingerprints and to ask them for more stuff and to get the other guys name but they were already gone. I never assume people are telling truth, but who ****ing knows. I've seen weirder shit happen.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Why didn't you go outside with your Fookin' GUN in the 1st place?

After all, you are a Vigilante.

Because he is a SVTP member, so no non member could beat him in a 1 vs 20 fight.

I interrogate any random that shows up under the assumption they are after something. Typically some drunk college kid, but they all get the same message.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I went out a forth time for fingerprints and to ask them for more stuff and to get the other guys name but they were already gone. I never assume people are telling truth, but who ****ing knows. I've seen weirder shit happen.

Pretty sure police departments don't have the resources or inclination to use prints for petty stuff anymore, I could be wrong. Even if your quad was stolen in a couple days, good luck convincing anyone to link prints on a gas can.

Vigilante

Established Member
Hahaha thanks for the posts guys!

I went and spoke to the neighbors, one of who has a son and daughter in TPD and he told me they would be patrolling tonight after this crap.

As for the quad, I'm here tonight, so I wish them good luck trying. Shots will be fired first since I've already asked all the questions I need, its date night and we don't have my daughter for the night so they can go **** themselves if they are screwing that up.

I'm repairing the quad, so its also missing a few pieces. So if they did steal it, they wouldn't get much for it or even be able to ride it. Not to mention their lowered, body kit focus didn't have a hitch. So unless they have a second vehicle, which I doubt if they ran out of gas cause who the **** does that, what are they gonna do? Carry it all the way home?

I just don't know, but I appreciate the replies. This is exactly why I love this place.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Strong user name to post content ratio. Definitely should have shot them, OP.

But seriously, the scenario sounds pretty weird- especially since they didn't seem to be dodging your questions. I think if they were really casing the neighborhood, they would have been a little more careful. Who knows though. Glad you didn't have to draw or fire. Also, if they do come back and you shoot them for stealing your quad, delete this thread before calling police.

hb712

Established Member
I would just call the cops and tell them somebody is trying to break in to your home and you are going to kill them. That should get the cops out.

In AZ? I'm pretty sure they'd just say "good job."

OP, call the cops next time. If the people are casing the area, your information could either prevent or solve a series of crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread