Has anyone installed the S1 Sequential Shifter in a Cobra?

coposrv

Established Member
A faceplated gear set would definitely help but it looks like it’s still going through the neutral gate between shifts?

+1 for a taller shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coposrv

Established Member
Couple of things. The shift lever needs to be significantly longer, that will help with the effort it takes to shift.

Secondly, it seems like it goes to neutral between gears. Which would make sense, since it isn't a dogbox transmission.

I absolutely love the sequential in my Viper. It did take some getting used to on the track. For instance going from second to third, you pull back, rather than push forward..so had a couple near incidents pushing it the wrong way. After about 20 minutes or so I was golden with it.

I think you would notice a world of difference with a taller shift level. Like 6-8" taller. Will it look goofy? Maybe. I thought mine did too at first, but it's night and day drivability difference.

Which sequential trans. PPG?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which sequential trans. PPG?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

No, it's an EMCO. I absolutely love it. After the learning curve, it's so much quicker than any H-Pattern I've ever driven.

For $10k I could do a paddle conversion..but I would have a hard time spending $10k for <1 second per lap haha

SilverGT1

Established Member
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the the sequential shifter? Is it just to avoid missing shifts? It doesn't appear to improve shift time as you still have to clutch. Also, to me, it appears that the shift throw is quite long. Is there a way to make is a shorter shift throw?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the the sequential shifter? Is it just to avoid missing shifts? It doesn't appear to improve shift time as you still have to clutch. Also, to me, it appears that the shift throw is quite long. Is there a way to make is a shorter shift throw?

you have to keep in mind this is a little different from a sequential on a trans designed to be a sequential from the start, theres definitely some compromise there. It will be interesting to see ultimately what someone can do with this setup vs a standard shifter

Users who are viewing this thread