HBO Heroin Documentary- Cape Cod, MA

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Don't know how many of you have seen the recent HBO documentary on Heroin that was released about Cape Cod recently. I just watched it, and wow, it is just so sad to see how these people lead their lives. To those of you who know or were addicts yourselves, I can't imagine how difficult it was to come clean or to work with others who were trying to. If you haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend watching it. Very very powerful documentary, something everyone should watch. Hope you have all had a good holiday......

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
1.) I've been to the Cape a few times and if I lived there, I might have used something to pass the time. The time there was tedious. Being fair though, heroin is everywhere. Then you have Provincetown up north and that's an entirely different story.
2.) HBO used to have some wonderful documentaries dealing with social issues like drugs, prostitution, death, etc.., I'd watch this if I had HBO.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
The government has been shipping the drugs into these places, all across this country.
It is past time for hbo to document this.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Knew a number of kids in HS that got hooked, one battled it for probably 6 years and then died. At my current job we have had three guys who were addicts and one still is. I took the position of one of them because he got so tweaked out and actually stole a pistol from my manager, and the other couldn't finish a break pad swap or oil change without somehow breaking something that had absolutely nothing to do with the job. In the last 2 months he has cost two different people gas tanks on their rides for absolutely no reason whatsoever... one was while trying to change the pads. When he worked for us he would just repeatedly want to change people's oil and usually without asking. Most of the time he was putting in Royal Purple which isn't so bad, but one time he changed out my friend's oil in his Terminator without asking him with the basic oil we have.

It was just weird, annoying shit like that that made it unbearable to be around and unbelievable when you hear the stories about them.

Machdup1

Established Member
I watched it. What I saw was a bunch of people who were permanent leeches on society because of their poor choices. Dealing and stealing as a way of life.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is just a glimpse into what is a major issue nationwide. And it's just getting worse. I haven't seen this documentary yet, but I will watch for it.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have a friend that lives there and she is always talking about how bad it is, how this friend died and that friend did this or that. She complained and hated on the film when it came out too.

All I can say is, why stay there? Pack up your shit and leave, screw being around anything that bad, especially when you have a kid to take care of.

sdoo500

Established Member
I'm roughly 45 minutes from the cape. Heroin is absolutely everywhere around here. Can't even begin to count how many people from my high school have gotten hooked.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
This is just a glimpse into what is a major issue nationwide. And it's just getting worse. I haven't seen this documentary yet, but I will watch for it.

and its getting much worse in places like FL where opiate pain pills were easy to get and theyre slowly correcting that problem...so they turn to this instead to get their fix

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Big problem with it here too. 2 or 3 people just died from OD'ing on it Christmas Eve.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. It seems that heroin is just a far cheaper alternative to expensive prescription drugs.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I'd be okay if they all od and we move on.

Same...

I watched it. Not as good as intervention or the other addiction shows.

To be fair, if I had to listen to all those people with the obnoxious accents id try to od on anything I could get my hands on.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They shouldve done it on the people from the valley (norcal) on both heroin and meth. ****ing zombies and tweakers walking around everywhere. I always carry my knife with me going to norcal. Youll be walking and all of a sudden someone who just looked somewhat questionable but maybe was having a shitty day, that was walking towards you starts yelling incoherently at you, pretty nerve racking.

Heroin is just terrible, its literally a life killer, and theres no way to do it "recreationally", once you do its it and you are on the path to junkie quick. The percentage of people who can right that ship and become "clean" again are very small. Its just so ****ing sad, I mean, you never hear anyone doing heroin and their life got better from it, its always going from bad to worse. Its never some business owner or career person who just does it on weekends to relax. Pretty shitty.

Sucks that theres nothing really you can do. The war on drugs is a failure so you cant stop these really bad drugs from hitting the streets, and you can educate people until you cant educate them any more and they still make poor life decisions. Bad parenting? From those ive seen go down the path, their parents were great and they had good upbringings.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be okay if they all od and we move on.

As callous as it sounds, me too. Friend living there is always begging people to get help and stop and blah blah blah...****em IMO. I've known folks back home that get hooked on meth, they get a slight bit of help from friends then non stop shit all over them, so I say they can goto hell as well.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I'd let them od as well. To me it comes down to one statistic......the relapse rate. Pretty much everyone on the show relapsed within a month after trying to get clean, and it just seems like a lost effort trying to help them. I mean, we can only help so much, and after that it seems like there is no hope. Just a sad sad situation.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
@sdoo500......I live in Hanson, and I haven't seen a whole lot of it, but I do see deals frequently going on around 14-58 liquors near Shaws and Dunkin Donuts on 58 if you have any idea where that is. Can't tell you the amount of needles I see laying in the parking lot when I walk out to my car. Surprised it hasn't been broken into or stolen honestly.

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
What I don't understand is, why start when it's no secret where the road ends. That's why i stay away from nos, you can't do just one hit. LOL

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
What I don't understand is, why start when it's no secret where the road ends. That's why i stay away from nos, you can't do just one hit. LOL

Would you turn down a good looking gal if she said "just the tip"? Or give it a feel?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Would you turn down a good looking gal if she said "just the tip"? Or give it a feel?
If I knew she had Aids or another communicable disease then hell yes I'd turn her down.

These people were dumb enough to take that first try. It's not my problem they have no self control. This is their problem, not everyone else. If someone wants to od and kill themselves who am I to stand in their way. One less drain on society

Users who are viewing this thread