Headlight bulb review silverstars not the best!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
CANiHaveGasCash said:
I ordered some over a week ago and they still aren't here yet.

Slow shipping,,,took a total of 12 days to get mine!!

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I got mine. It took about 10 days. He will send you a tracking number if you send him a message.
They do look much closer to HID's than my silverstars did, they look cool. I have not driven to car at night yet, so not sure of the light output yet. The reflection in the headlight housing looks good during the day, has a nice blue reflection. They match my blue tinted fog lights now!!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
My employees loved the lights tonight after work. One of them was going to go home and order a set for his blazer if he can find them.

Concerning the Cobra Susie issue, another Chicagosvt member mentioned that there are also 9007s out ther with higher wattage. This may have been the problem with her Neon. I don't see how similar current draw bulbs would cause any heat problems.

After a second night with the lights, I think they are easily bright enough for driving. The light is so cool white/blue and evenly spread that it just doesn't seem as bright as the stock bulbs which have two more highly focused areas and more glare. It does, however light up the road fine and I had no problems driving home through some dark areas..

flyn high again

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
I just ordered some yesterday! I wonder how long they'll take to get here?!?! :bored:

I ordered mine on a Friday and received them in 10 days. Tracking number is from USPS and doesn't do much good. It merely tells you that maybe USPS received the bulbs and maybe they are in the process of delivering them. :rollseyes

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Are these from the vendor Prike? I was hesitant to order from him as I have sent a couple short questions, and he does not respond to e-mail.

Does anyone have the specific link that they used? The one at the beginning of this message is for an expired item.

Thanks.
~Darren

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
SilverStallion said:
Are these from the vendor Prike? I was hesitant to order from him as I have sent a couple short questions, and he does not respond to e-mail.

Does anyone have the specific link that they used? The one at the beginning of this message is for an expired item.

Thanks.
~Darren

Thats the link I used. :shrug:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Just search his store for 9007 xenon and 9145 xenon. Doesn't matter if it says "nissan" or "cobra" or whatever, you just need the 9007 xenon bulb.

Marlon, expect at least a week. I would say by next friday you should have them :shrug:

I'm pretty sure he mails them right away, but uses the cheapest/slowest shipping.

I guess I didn't really care, sometimes this happens on ebay.

As far as him not contacting you, I have no idea, I never tried to contact him in any way, I just ordered, paid and waited :-D

I do have to say I trust him though, he hasn't screwed me on the two orders I had from him :shrug:

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
That is good enough for me. I usually test a seller by contacting them prior to buying, and he is the first that has not contacted me back.

I will give them a try...did anyone notice if they shipped from Canada or the US. I noticed that he is listed as a Canadian Vendor, which would be a bonus for me.

~Darren

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I finally got mine and I cannot say that I am impressed. they do look similar to HID's when on during the day but at night they are far too blue for my taste. Kinda feel like a ricer. I'll give it a few days to sink in before putting the stockers back in.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
SilverStallion said:
did anyone notice if they shipped from Canada or the US. I noticed that he is listed as a Canadian Vendor, which would be a bonus for me.

~Darren

Mine shipped from Champlain,NY.

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
OK...I just ordered my set for the headlights only...I wonder how long they will take to arrive...hmmmm.

Thanks for the insight guys.
~Darren

Last edited:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
SilverStallion said:
OK...I just ordered my set for the headlights only...I wonder how long they will take to arrive...hmmmm.

Thanks for the insight guys.
~Darren
Next monday at the earliest (a week from the 3 days from now monday ;-)). Just my guess. Probably more like next wednesday or thursday though :shrug:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
any more opinions on these??

anyone wanna vouch for another bulb?

one thing no one mentioned is that in the ebay ad the seller states that all of his bulbs carry a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT- maybe you all looked passed that lol..

definately want to go with heads that match the fogs- so i dont see myself going with silverstars...

for those of you that said the color projection of these bulbs is too ricey, can you post pics?

with previously owned cars I tried 'nokia' bulbs and also 'nokya' bulbs, similar names but different bulbs...

projection color was great (had them on a j30 infiniti w/ projector housing, but visibility sucked...

keep the info/opinions coming guys :)

Last edited:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Well I finally got to try them last night. My opinion is, they suck really bad! We went out racing and I swear I felt like I could maybe see 20ft in front of me. With the highbeams on that is. They were terrible for brightness. We went out through the country to my buddys house and I had to be in the back or middle because I couldnt see. I will be putting the silverstars back in.

Please dont take offense to this PJ_Rage. I didnt mind trying them and they werent that expensive. :beer:

flyn high again

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Well I finally got to try them last night. My opinion is, they suck really bad! We went out racing and I swear I felt like I could maybe see 20ft in front of me. With the highbeams on that is. They were terrible for brightness. We went out through the country to my buddys house and I had to be in the back or middle because I couldnt see. I will be putting the silverstars back in.

Please dont take offense to this PJ_Rage. I didnt mind trying them and they werent that expensive. :beer:

The bulbs do take some time to adjust to the different light pattern and color. I think if you had Silverstars before that the Xenon lights would seem way too dim.

My wife was in my car last night for the first time since I put in the bulbs and she remarked on how white and even the light was.

It's too bad the wiring in our cars won't hold up to the 80/100 watt bulbs. Higher wattage would solve the brightness problem while keeping the blue/white light color and much cheaper than HIDs price. I think the bulbs are easily bright enough for around town driving but I think a brighter bulb or doing the fog light mod that keeps the fogs on while the brights are on would help a lot for country driving.

Users who are viewing this thread