Headlight bulb review silverstars not the best!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Just received the bulbs yesterday. They are a HUGE improvement over the silverstars I used to have. They aren't as bright on low beams but brighter on high I think. They are very noticeably white, more than I thought they would be. Good find PJ Rage. It's just too bad he doesn't have fog lights for my car.

rmgtc01

Established Member
pj_rage said:
Our exact fog bulb is 9145. Silverstar doesn't make this bulb (yet), but I think they plan to. In the meantime alot of people are using 9005 headlamp bulbs with some tabs cut. Apparently this size works if you manipulate a couple tabs. Personally, I don't want to run more wattage to my fogs. I have heard of a couple people that are burning out switches/wiring by doing this.

Your stock fog bulbs will match the silverstars pretty close for now anyway. The xenons don't match the stock fogs at all though, it looks kinda silly. But luckily, that ebay guy sells the exact fit 9145 xenon fogs.

They do now!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2839909#post2839909

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I had those Xenons in for a while and hated them! They were blue, but that wasn't what I was going for. I need something brighter...live in the sticks and need to see animals in the distance:)

jzepp

Established Member
I put the silverstars in my 98 cobra and boy was i disappointed.......they are brighter than stock but still look yellow to me.......not a bright white.........has anybody else tried luminix bulbs from mustangtuning.com? The color is awesome..........a blueish white but not ricey at all........they look really bright but i tell you what...........i can hardly see at night.........i love the crisp white, blue light but i might need to go back to the silverstars because it just puts no light out at night..........i do have the silverstar corner bulbs in with my diamond clear corner lights...........during the day it looks awesome seeing a blueish, orange reflection coming out of them from different angles. They light up a nice orange at night.......not the ugly amber of the stock bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread