Hellcat: New daily Driver

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Hellcat Charger. I like the red paint. It will definitely make a (thirsty) fun daily driver. Lots of room on the inside, gobs of power, good looks!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful car!! Congrats.
I saw one on the road a year ago and it was very, very nice. Had a great rumble at idle and that whine,.........
If the new GT500 doesn't deliver, I might go with a Hellcat Challenger. I would love a GO GREEN with the carbon fiber stripes and brass monkey wheels.
Disgustingly gorgeous!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
depends on if you drag the car or not. I've got plenty of customers making >800whp on stock driveshafts, but they stay on the street. Be hard pressed to break a driveshaft on the street....like those S550/cobra guys that break axles on the street (somehow)

Which is why I said...if you will ever be on sticky tires at the track.

11sec Guy

Established Member
one of those 499 a month leases ? i know a lot of people in metro Detroit just picked them up with great deals

00GT&03L

MOTOR CITY
Established Member
one of those 499 a month leases ? i know a lot of people in metro Detroit just picked them up with great deals

Mine was more than that but still a great deal. The 499 was with 2-3k down and 10k for miles. I put 685 down with 12k miles and mine stickered at almost 74k so the payment is higher but still a bargain. There are guys paying well over 1k a month for the same car.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine was more than that but still a great deal. The 499 was with 2-3k down and 10k for miles. I put 685 down with 12k miles and mine stickered at almost 74k so the payment is higher but still a bargain. There are guys paying well over 1k a month for the same car.

did you lease or buy? Im seriously considering a left over '16 challenger. They have a local lease deal going on for $515 a month with $1900 down... 10k per year for 3 years.

might be too good to pass up.

00GT&03L

MOTOR CITY
Established Member
did you lease or buy? Im seriously considering a left over '16 challenger. They have a local lease deal going on for $515 a month with $1900 down... 10k per year for 3 years.

might be too good to pass up.

I leased for that same reason, too good to pass up. I am only paying $100 more a month than my 2015 Taurus SHO and in my opinion getting damn near supercar performance in a daily driver package.

boomstick33

Established Member
Nice ride!! I just picked up a Challenger T/A 392 because I can actually fit baby seats in the back so I can take the kids to cruise-in's & such. Good choice my friend!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Cobras didn't cost 60k+ new.
True, but current owners believe they are.

Never really understood comparing vehicle prices when there's a large gap in age. My V new was about $15k more than a hellcat but it's also 6 years older. $1500 would still leave me a good 50-75 hp short of a stock HC still.

All that said, I'm not a big Dodge fan, but find myself looking at a HC Charger more and more. Was thinking a 16 V, but the color choices are boring.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
True, but current owners believe they are.

Never really understood comparing vehicle prices when there's a large gap in age. My V new was about $15k more than a hellcat but it's also 6 years older. $1500 would still leave me a good 50-75 hp short of a stock HC still.

All that said, I'm not a big Dodge fan, but find myself looking at a HC Charger more and more. Was thinking a 16 V, but the color choices are boring.

The technology change in those 6 years is huge, too. Both in the factories and in the design facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread