Hellion TT On The Dyno!

mechanicboy

Established Member
Wow, so little drama. Sleeper! It's like my truck until I pound the throttle then peoples smiles go upside down (and my wallet fills up lol).

Great job!

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Nice numbers. And I'm with you-don't like the crappy noise of open wastegates.

Voltwings

Established Member
Nice numbers. And I'm with you-don't like the crappy noise of open wastegates.

i hate the sound when its a screamer pipe, the short pipe cut at an angle and pointed straight at the ground, thats annoying. On my old car, mine was facing up, made a 180* U-bend back towards the ground then followed the downpipe back a bit before dumping. It was probably close to 3 feet long total, and the bends and distance kept it tame, but still allowed all hell to break loose when i boosted.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
You mentioned you pulled some timing out, how much was in it on these pulls with the E85?

toomnymods

Established Member
Very nice car 04sleeper... Are you in DFW50's? If so I'd like to meet up sometime to check out your ride and maybe you can help me make the decision what type of boost to add.. I am torn between a VMP TVS2300 and Hellion TT and JPC large single.. I'm sure they all excell in thier own areas, but my car will mainly be a street car with maybe 1-2 track outings every 3 months or so..

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

You mentioned you pulled some timing out, how much was in it on these pulls with the E85?
18* up top. I had 21* in it, but I'm sure on low boost it could take 23-24*

Very nice car 04sleeper... Are you in DFW50's? If so I'd like to meet up sometime to check out your ride and maybe you can help me make the decision what type of boost to add.. I am torn between a VMP TVS2300 and Hellion TT and JPC large single.. I'm sure they all excell in thier own areas, but my car will mainly be a street car with maybe 1-2 track outings every 3 months or so..
Yes, I am in DFW50's. I'm sure we can meet up at one of the GTG's.

Nice numbers can't wait it see some times
Thanks. Me too.

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice result OP, specially on a auto. That would've been all of 700whp+ on a manual.
Where did you place the fuse box? do you have some pics? did you have to extend the wires? Thanks!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice result OP, specially on a auto. That would've been all of 700whp+ on a manual.
Where did you place the fuse box? do you have some pics? did you have to extend the wires? Thanks!
I just moved the fuse box over like the instructions show. No wires were extended except the main power wire that they give you to replace the old one. It's just new, not extended.

9766862733_1b6d9df247_o.jpg

Deespeed99

Established Member
Those actually are really good numbers on those tires! You probably have another 15-20+ on a normal street tire.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Those actually are really good numbers on those tires! You probably have another 15-20+ on a normal street tire.
Yeah, I'm sure it would have made a little more. I really wasn't too concerned on trying to squeak out every HP. If that were the case I would have spent some more time tuning more timing on the dyno. That and the little boost controller was just a click away so I could have easily made a lot more. But I didn't want to do that at the motor's expense.

I was just wanting to confirm what I figured it would make and it was very close to my estimates so I was happy.

Users who are viewing this thread