Hellion twin turbo guys

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
it's a turbo kit, i've owned numerous kit. some poorly designed ones and some great ones. i've installed plenty of turbo's, there's nothing install wise that's different on a compound kit. the blower acts as the intake manifold. having to run a scavenger pimp is retarded, then mounting the oil reservoir tank at the cross brace that sits below the frame is RETARDED. you said earlier if you could do it over again you'd get CPR's kit, which is designed better than Hellion's kit. this is your first experience with turbo's right? it has to be or you really wouldn't be arguing this. the WG is there to control boost, you should want to hold peak boost to redline not bleed off. if it's bleeding the turbo is out of efficiency or the WG spring is too small, or the WG itself is too small. as the case with the Hellion kit. guys run bigger WG on T3 turbo's.

The "it bleeds boost" part of Tony's quote is referring to the job of the WG, not what happens to the turbo system when wicked up. It was taken in a context where wastegate size was being discussed, so Tony was saying the more boost you run in a turbo system, the less wategate you need. He is correct. The lower the boost target, the more exhaust the wastegates have to divert away fromt he turbine wheel. The inverse is very true as well.

CPRsm

Rarer instance but it is possible to have enough boost that the gate cannot keep up at higher boost levels as well. Smaller the hotside usually dictates a larger gate

bull3441

Established Member
The "it bleeds boost" part of Tony's quote is referring to the job of the WG, not what happens to the turbo system when wicked up. It was taken in a context where wastegate size was being discussed, so Tony was saying the more boost you run in a turbo system, the less wategate you need. He is correct. The lower the boost target, the more exhaust the wastegates have to divert away fromt he turbine wheel. The inverse is very true as well.
that depends on the hot side size. the larger the hot side the smaller WG you need. this is why i asked twice what hot side is Hellion using on the 61mm. if they're running a 1.06 than a 38mm is fine, but i'd still rather run a 44mm. i figured out what Tony was saying.

mysteed

Established Member
I don't care what anyone says, driving a compound boost car is a LOT of fun. Too bad they don't make a kit for the pre99 4v's. Though going the Terminator or GT500 engine route plus a TT kit is always possible. :rockon:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
My old outlaw 10.5 car I sold last year
old small block set up
P1020199.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

then we changed it to a 632BBF with twin promod 94MM

tomforum1.jpg

16044486-952-1990-Outlaw-105-Twin-Turbo-Mustang.jpg

Any vids of the car?

D4rk_nyte

Horrible idea cause why??? No they are not a pain in the ass to tune, its more that for ever 20 SC 500 there is 1 compound 500. Also there arent alot of tuners in the country that know what they are doing when it comes to that. But when you do find them its just like tuning a SC 500! For the stupid boost number.... at 16-17 psi I made 815hp & 889trq. Also made 954hp & 1020trq on 22psi. Now stupid boost numbers is 30+ like Tony (thebull) but hes making 1200+ lol

Theres no more to worry about a compound setup as a SC setup.

The turbos dont sit any lower then the exhaust system does.

All it comes down to is what you want to do with the car. SC is simpler and will make good power. Compound is alittle less simpler and will make awsome power and still drive like stock and sound stock until you lay into the throttle!

[youtube_browser]136hZ-VzgJo[/youtube_browser]

Back when you had this I wanna know cause I'm going to get this kit I wanna go for the bigger set up it's more for just having fun and having something unique but what is safe on a stock 2012 I bought it off an old guy has 38k on it but has always been babies till a month ago lol but I met a guy at a car show with a compound boost Ford GT making 1500+ whp and got to hear it and all he talked about was the sound and I want it cause it's completely different

Users who are viewing this thread