Hellion twin turbo guys

bull3441

Established Member
I was implying the wg is designed to bleed boost off.

You're right the Hellion kit is shit and nobody should ever buy one again because you said so...How's that?

I have to call RETARD on this one. Never owned one, never installed one, never even been in a car that has one....Boy your opinion should really matter!!

Good thing I'm bored or I'd really feel like I wasted some of life on this thread.
Another thread f'ed up by a guy that has NO experience with the product he is bashing.
it's a turbo kit, i've owned numerous kit. some poorly designed ones and some great ones. i've installed plenty of turbo's, there's nothing install wise that's different on a compound kit. the blower acts as the intake manifold. having to run a scavenger pimp is retarded, then mounting the oil reservoir tank at the cross brace that sits below the frame is RETARDED. you said earlier if you could do it over again you'd get CPR's kit, which is designed better than Hellion's kit. this is your first experience with turbo's right? it has to be or you really wouldn't be arguing this. the WG is there to control boost, you should want to hold peak boost to redline not bleed off. if it's bleeding the turbo is out of efficiency or the WG spring is too small, or the WG itself is too small. as the case with the Hellion kit. guys run bigger WG on T3 turbo's.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
it's a turbo kit, i've owned numerous kit. some poorly designed ones and some great ones. i've installed plenty of turbo's, there's nothing install wise that's different on a compound kit. the blower acts as the intake manifold. having to run a scavenger pimp is retarded, then mounting the oil reservoir tank at the cross brace that sits below the frame is RETARDED. you said earlier if you could do it over again you'd get CPR's kit, which is designed better than Hellion's kit. this is your first experience with turbo's right? it has to be or you really wouldn't be arguing this. the WG is there to control boost, you should want to hold peak boost to redline not bleed off. if it's bleeding the turbo is out of efficiency or the WG spring is too small, or the WG itself is too small. as the case with the Hellion kit. guys run bigger WG on T3 turbo's.

As I've said my car never bled boost.

Also I didn't say I'd get if I had to do it all over again. I like the Hellion kit. I too think there are things that could be improved. Although there aren't any bolt on kit out there. Cprsm is the 1st to offer a good kit besides Hellion. The tank is not needed either I don't have one. Not my 1st run w turbos either....everything I own expect my Rhino has at least one on it. Again you are arguing about a kit you've never used. Of course you could run a bigger wg...is it a neccessity NO. It's a kit....just like when you buy any kit....you can upgrade it right???

Since you're so smart why don't you design a kit and sell it...Shit I'll be your 1st customer...If it's shit I want my money back though. Because you know it all...so it should be PERFECT!!

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Islandcat

Hellion kit is a great product. May not be the best but im not going to say its garbage either.

Also, about a year ago when I started looking at turbos I did inquire about CPS's kit. BUt at that time I was really wanting a kit then and there and he was still working on his kit. or I would have gone with his. His knowledge and support through PMs was helpful..

But either way, I was told if you go turbos you will always have more issues then a standard SC car.

Either way go with what direction you want your car. For a few of us, we chose the hellion kit and with what issues I did have (blown off intake pipe) It was a easy fix and also made the intake pipe look better.

Last edited:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Islandcat

Hellion kit is a great product. May not be the best but im not going to say its garbage either.

Also, about a year ago when I started looking at turbos I did inquire about CPS's kit. BUt at that time I was really wanting a kit then and there and he was still working on his kit. or I would have gone with his. His knowledge and support through PMs was helpful..

But either way, I was told if you go turbos you will always have more issues then a standard SC car.

Either way go with what direction you want your car. For a few of us, we chose the hellion kit and with what issues I did have (blown off intake pipe) It was a easy fix and also made the intake pipe look better.

Well said and anyone that has called or pm'ed me about buying a kit has been told the same thing.

If you want an easy set up....buy a blower.
If you want adjustable power and something different...but the Hellion kit.

bull3441

Established Member
As I've said my car never bled boost.

Also I didn't say I'd get if I had to do it all over again. I like the Hellion kit. I too think there are things that could be improved. Although there aren't any bolt on kit out there. Cprsm is the 1st to offer a good kit besides Hellion. The tank is not needed either I don't have one. Not my 1st run w turbos either....everything I own expect my Rhino has at least one on it. Again you are arguing about a kit you've never used. Of course you could run a bigger wg...is it a neccessity NO. It's a kit....just like when you buy any kit....you can upgrade it right???

Since you're so smart why don't you design a kit and sell it...Shit I'll be your 1st customer...If it's shit I want my money back though. Because you know it all...so it should be PERFECT!!
sure send me the $ for product development first and i will build you a better kit. i will also want compensation for the time lost @ my job. you didn't answer my question about what size the hot side of the turbo is. the larger the hot side the less WG you need, but when i talked to Hellion they didn't offer a 1.06. Hellion used a cookie cutter design they use on the GM's and Chrysler's. i'm arguing about a kit i wanted, but when i asked question didn't like the answers. i had full intentions of buying the kit, but chose not to after i spoke with them. i felt i would run into issues and decided if i bought a turbo kit i'd wanna do it right the first time. my experience with poor designed systems lead me not to purchase the kit. it's not like i looked at a picture and made a judgement call. i inquired and spoke with a tech, not a sales rep. the OP asked a question and i gave my honest opinion. just as the people who like the kit gave theirs.

Ironhand

Banned
sure send me the $ for product development first and i will build you a better kit. i will also want compensation for the time lost @ my job. you didn't answer my question about what size the hot side of the turbo is. the larger the hot side the less WG you need, but when i talked to Hellion they didn't offer a 1.06. Hellion used a cookie cutter design they use on the GM's and Chrysler's. i'm arguing about a kit i wanted, but when i asked question didn't like the answers. i had full intentions of buying the kit, but chose not to after i spoke with them. i felt i would run into issues and decided if i bought a turbo kit i'd wanna do it right the first time. my experience with poor designed systems lead me not to purchase the kit. it's not like i looked at a picture and made a judgement call. i inquired and spoke with a tech, not a sales rep. the OP asked a question and i gave my honest opinion. just as the people who like the kit gave theirs.

:lol:

Now your just trolling.

CPRsm

CPRsm just needs wrap it up on his kit!
Wrap it up "B" !!! LOL
WRAP IT UP(DAVE CHAPPELLE) - YouTube

Smaller waste gates will actually cause boost creep if too small. Big waste gates on the other hand can cause a bleeding problem in high back pressure setups. The larger valve has more surface area to be pushed open and crack to bleed off boost. With larger gates however, you can push the crack pressure closer to target boost without spike and get faster spool.

On the lag thing, it kills me to watch people talk about it. If you know what you are doing THERE IS NO LAG. If you know what you are doing you can roll race and see more boost off the hit than ANY blower can offer. You can leave the line with more boost than a blower can offer. It's just harder on the turbo. It is possible.

I know you've tried it Tony but you don't have the right turbos on there to run without the blower. Here is your call out.:rockon:
Sell your kit.
Buy the kit and pay for parts
Send me the car
I install it for free
Put in the auto whenever.

You get a kit with no ground clearance issues. They are lower than the Exh and we f'ing know it despite what blacknite says. And you know it as well. No oil control BS problems, no smoke, no couplers blowing off, better inlets AND power with less boost. Lag will not be a problem with Andy in Mexico. But I do it my way, and I don't want to hear what anyone else would do to it if they were doing it.
Come out and play with it. If it does not do what I say, I take the kit off and re-install theirs. I pay to ship the car back, and you get free access to my sig for a year. If I'm right, I get access to your for a year. Only and final offer. Either you take it or I put in an engine and take you down personally I'd prefer to make money while making my point than spending it. But will if I have to. You have been called out sir LOL No excuses or BS. Do it. :beer:

I watched a GT get flat out walked by a TTGT500, turbos only in a roll race in Dallas yesterday. GT got the jump and then the 500 came right around him. GT was supposed to make 1100rwhp and the 500 was verified at 1200 rwhp the night before. Aerodynamics and more weight, yet walked him BAD. We were talking to the GT owner right before hand and he tried without the blower and didn't like it either. But he had the exact same problem as you do. He tried it with turbos sized for compound.

bull3441

Established Member
^ brake boosting son. tell them how on with an Auto turbo car you leave the line at full boost as well.

Last edited:

CPRsm

This is better and can be done with an auto or a stick. Doesn't load the suspension. With an auto, the brake is king. such a stupid fun feeling lol.

I've never blown out a WG, but I used RTV on that also though. Are you seeing high back pressure on cars that do that ? I've heard of it happening on headers, but on a high back pressure car, and only once honestly.

bull3441

Established Member
This is better and can be done with an auto or a stick. Doesn't load the suspension. With an auto, the brake is king. such a stupid fun feeling lol.

I've never blown out a WG, but I used RTV on that also though. Are you seeing high back pressure on cars that do that ? I've heard of it happening on headers, but on a high back pressure car, and only once honestly.
the reason i went to V-band was i was tired of changing gaskets. i tried copper gaskets as well. my buddies shop makes a killing on changing gaskets on Subaru's. he got tired of his bays being filled with cars blown WG and downpipe gaskets, he will only sell V-band now. i think it's more of the high EGT's cooking the gaskets. i've seen a few EWG's that were plumbed into the exhaust pop a few, but that was do to poor design of the dump tube not being far enough down stream. i was always external dump.

CPRsm

Ahhh. I don't use gaskets. I was thinking of using SS for them because there is no rush to get everything aligned before the RTV dries. I already do that for the T4 for that reason. My vendor only has v-band for 50mm and that's way over kill even for Tony. I figured even with it as rich as it was, I was only about 65% capacity or so and about to get better with a new component that just came out.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Ahhh. I don't use gaskets. I was thinking of using SS for them because there is no rush to get everything aligned before the RTV dries. I already do that for the T4 for that reason. My vendor only has v-band for 50mm and that's way over kill even for Tony. I figured even with it as rich as it was, I was only about 65% capacity or so and about to get better with a new component that just came out.

I have twin 38s on my coupe...tial v bands.

CPRsm

I didn't like Tials. Had a creep issue that these 40's cured for me. Went from 13 psi in first gear with a Tial 38 to 9psi in 4th with this JGS 40. Sold lol. Good quality in their stuff, but I know the 40's flow more for a fact, so that's why they are in my kit :rockon:

bull3441

Established Member
i tried RTV on a Tial 50mm BOV that was a bolt flange. i ran a pressure test and it kept leaking, so i just welded the V-band flange on the I/C piping. that was my one RTV experience.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I didn't like Tials. Had a creep issue that these 40's cured for me. Went from 13 psi in first gear with a Tial 38 to 9psi in 4th with this JGS 40. Sold lol. Good quality in their stuff, but I know the 40's flow more for a fact, so that's why they are in my kit :rockon:

I have a Single 88 on that car and it will be on kill so dont think the WGs will be doing much.

CPRsm

It will use those gates at that start when the tires are screaming for mercy lol.

What say you to our little wager ?

Last edited:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
It will use those gates at that start when the tires are screaming for mercy lol.

What say you to our little wager ?

It's a large $$$$ wager on my part. I'd love to do it. What's my kit worth?

Users who are viewing this thread