HELLION Twin Turbo kit install thread...

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Looking good! I'm so ready to get all my parts in and get my show on the road! It's an expensive process but got a feeling I'll be smiling at the end. Hurry up and get that puppy fully tuned and dynoed!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Guys Im gearing up to start next Sunday. Can someone show me their ac line? I know they are getting bent to far trying to clear everything. Thanks

D.T.R

Established Member
Bringing this back up from the ashes lol

Quick question guys,
Anyone had a hard time lining up their O/R 3" midpipe to the downpipes?
My passenger side downpipe fits on it like a glove... but the drive side seems to be a pain. I loosen up the vband clamp on the top so that the downpipe can move/woble but still... the steering shaft allows very little movement on the downpipe since it's such a tight fit.... it just doesn't line up right. I do however believe i need to loosen up the midpipe clamp in the middle that keeps both halfs of the midpipe together... and then mess with it and see if I can get it to line up that way...
If that doesn't do it, i might have to cut it and line it up right and have it re-welded -___-

OveRBoreD

Established Member

Mid pipe fitment by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

I had to make some modifications to the xpipe for mine to fit but it fits great now and I have a lot of flexibility. I also had to move the engine all the way to the passenger side and raise the engine by about 1/8th inch. Then I was able to get enough spin on the DP to get everything to line up. (Mostly for the DP support brackets)

D.T.R

Established Member
Yup it's looking like i'm going to have to cut mine and have it re-welded as well.
I don't know if it's mainly because i also installed a K-member...

As for the support brackets... I don't even think I'm going to be able to use those to be honest.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I didn't do any rewelding. I cut and used 3in band clamps bought from jegs. Allowed me to shorten or lengthen the width of the xpipe.

Mid pipe fitment by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

I probably could have not done the brackets (and I didn't for a while)I had horrible rubbing issues on the steering shaft. All that engine movement was to get the DP off the shaft and into the brackets. They really help. I could get the stock Hpipe to fit perfect but the x was narrow. Anyway good luck and if you need anything else I'd be glad to help.

(Edit- just realized I did have the x pipe welded at the OTA end but that was for a 3in connection)

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm going to try separating the H-pipe ... and bolting them separately to each downpipe and see if that helps in any way shape or form...

CSG

Established Member
I completely installed the exhaust loose and then installed the steering shaft and then modified the bracket and installed it and then tightened the exhaust. I could not get it where the shaft did not hit though. The downpipe was double wrapped though so it did not rattle. Spent a lot of time getting it all lined up. Left the turbo loose during all this as well.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Yea I have been riding without my brackets on. I been meaning to put them on but just have not had the time to work on the car. And the weather is not too kind in the garage right about now. I hate the vib and sound I get from everything moving and all. Maybe Ill give it a shot this Friday. Will prob have to drill a new hole in the brackets as the ones that there doesnt line up with how i need it to line up.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
^ I'll try and see if they reach/fit... but i kind of doubt it. We'll see i guess.

CSG

Established Member
From my experience, if something will not line up then something else is off alignment. Several times I cussed a part to find something upstream that needed to be adjusted. I probably spent 4 hours just tweaking the alignment on the driver side.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I have a hellion TT on a 14' GT. I had exhaust fitment issues...BUt I don't know if which parts were off. I got my car last may of 13'. MBRP didn't test the exhaust on a 14'. But I ordered it anyway they said it should fit but couldn't confirm, I didn't figure anything changed from 13'-14'.

I have the MBRP o/r H pipe and cat back. I couldn't get my cat back on. I took the car to a local mustang speed shop and he looked it over and we modified the cat back to get good fitment.

I tried lining up everthing real nice from the turbo back and triple adjusted things. I had to very slightly dimple the down pipe for clearance of the steering shaft. I didn't want to shim the motor mount. And I figure aftermarket companies pinch and dimple headers so I took that route.

I love this kit tho. I also moved the primary 02 bungs to about 12" back from the turbos and that helped immensely with this strange stalling issues when I would lightly blip the throttle. I didn't want to bandaid the tune and you kind of have to since there is no o2 transport delay adjustment. The time of flight for the exhaust is the problem...Moved the 02 sensors up and it went away.

I have precision 5858 BB turbos 7.8 psi 640whp/560tq
5 psi @ 2400 rpm

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I have a hellion TT on a 14' GT. I had exhaust fitment issues...BUt I don't know if which parts were off. I got my car last may of 13'. MBRP didn't test the exhaust on a 14'. But I ordered it anyway they said it should fit but couldn't confirm, I didn't figure anything changed from 13'-14'.

I have the MBRP o/r H pipe and cat back. I couldn't get my cat back on. I took the car to a local mustang speed shop and he looked it over and we modified the cat back to get good fitment.

I tried lining up everthing real nice from the turbo back and triple adjusted things. I had to very slightly dimple the down pipe for clearance of the steering shaft. I didn't want to shim the motor mount. And I figure aftermarket companies pinch and dimple headers so I took that route.

I love this kit tho. I also moved the primary 02 bungs to about 12" back from the turbos and that helped immensely with this strange stalling issues when I would lightly blip the throttle. I didn't want to bandaid the tune and you kind of have to since there is no o2 transport delay adjustment. The time of flight for the exhaust is the problem...Moved the 02 sensors up and it went away.

I have precision 5858 BB turbos 7.8 psi 640whp/560tq
5 psi @ 2400 rpm

Huh good to know. Going to have to give this a try if I can't get this stalling and figured out soon. Getting pretty desperate....thanks. Any pics of where you relocated?

Users who are viewing this thread