Hellion twins and stalling

CSG

Established Member
I want to hear from the hellion guys. Does you car stall (die) when coming to a stop? Mine does and I am out of ideas. I have done enough research to know that mine is not the only one doing it.
What I would like to know:
year of car:
injectors:
fuel system:

If yours did this and you fixed it then PLEASE help. I'm ready to burn it!
Professionals that know the problem but want to be paid for the info. the PM me.

CSG

Established Member
I was hoping to see your car at the Stars and Stripes Car show in Sulphur today! Bummer.

It was there! Got there late then tore up Ruth street for a bit. Brought a roll of cash but the rain shut that down...

Tune related, I don't know. We tried multiple tunes including my bbr startup, Larry's and a couple others. Tried 3 pro-m meters and the stock meter all in both the intercooler and intake tube. Tried without the bap as well.

Fuel trim is not consistent at idle. One time it will be 1% then turn it off/back on and it will be at 20%.

No vac leeks that I can find.

I know of another 11 with a vortech bap and id's that does the same through a different tuner.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I would bet its tune related, who tuned it? Maybe bring it back to them and have them look at it and fix the issues, if not then yes you will have to pay someone moar money:(

OveRBoreD

Established Member
He has tried several tuners and I have tried BBR and JMS. All of them have the same stalling and erratic idle issues. The tunes are great otherwise and not knocking the tuners at all. They have all been great. Just trying to narrow down the issue. Is it something in the tunes for certain cars or other? Again the tuners have all been great.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
If you could "catch" these issues on a datalog, the tuner should be able to see what's going on and fix it. Trick would be to catch it. lol

OveRBoreD

Established Member
The OP has had many hours at the tuners and no fix. I have tried a couple tunes including datalogging and no fix. The only thing that comes up funny, like the OP has said, is the fuel trims inconsistencies at idle. Can't figure out why they are inconsistent despite hours of logging and different setups. Again if anyone else has this issue and/or a fix let OP know. Until then we will keep pressing forward with finding the issue.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
The OP has had many hours at the tuners and no fix. I have tried a couple tunes including datalogging and no fix. The only thing that comes up funny, like the OP has said, is the fuel trims inconsistencies at idle. Can't figure out why they are inconsistent despite hours of logging and different setups. Again if anyone else has this issue and/or a fix let OP know. Until then we will keep pressing forward with finding the issue.

Sounds like it may be related to fuel delivery then, haven't seen anyone with a full fuel setup running into the same issue. Which is an expensive upgrade unfortunately.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Sounds like it may be related to fuel delivery then, haven't seen anyone with a full fuel setup running into the same issue. Which is an expensive upgrade unfortunately.

^This :( Amazing that none of the tuners can help you out and point you in the correct direction, that's kind of a sucky situation and frustration one at that :nonono: Have you talked to Shaun @ AED yet about these issues??

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a Paxton, it doesn't stall but when i come to a stop the idle drops like its gonna stall but never does. I took it back to my tuner he said Paxton's and vortech's tend to do this. He revised the tune a bit but i still does it. It does not always do it when i come to a stop. I pmed the guy at aed for a 2nd opinion he says centri's are hit or miss with the idle, said he just did 1 that was stalling and it took him 50 revisions to get it ironed out! Pm the guy at aed he may have some input since he just went through this recently!

Torchy

Established Member
nvm

ID1000's
KB BAP

Happens occasionally

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

It sounds like a mechanical/ install issue causing intermittent vacuum leaks or similar.

CSG

Established Member
My "hunch" may have been correct. I disconnected the boost controller solenoid and ran it off the springs. I drove around for around 30 minutes and it did not die...

Users who are viewing this thread