Hello fellow 5.0 modders. new deep impact owner here

Ductape

Established Member
Darren here. I ordered this car last fall and took delivery of her in March this year. It is my first ever mustang and first sports car in decades. My last muscle car was a '91 z28 convertible. I have taken this beauty to some car shows and caught the mod bug.

This is my ride.
2013 GT Premium Convertible
355 rear end
6 MT
Ford Racing wheels, 19x9, 19x10
Nitto Invos 255 and 285
custom striping
CDC Performance grill
Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

--up next--
bmr panhard bar
GT500 quad tip axlebacks and valance
carbon fiber chin, side splitters
roush lower grill delete
GT500 spoiler

--soon--
style bar and rear windscreen
MGW shifter and cue ball

--considering--
powder coating the rims darker, charcoal or matte black
20" Alcoas or BMC wheels in chrome for showing during the summer
CAI, tune, headers and throttle body upgrades.

any suggestions out there?

here she was delivery day...
20130202_101843_zps3f071f3d.gif

and here she is now...
20131111_133616_zpsd6683fd2.gif

20130615_130730_zps702fd8f7.gif

Zemedici

Established Member
That second shot looks great, how about some go fast mods?

I would leave the wheels, they look good on the car. Darker i think would hurt the look of the car, too much contrast: white stripes on blue car with black wheels.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Welcome Darren! You did a fantastic job already with the 5.0. Leave the wheels alone and good luck with the suspension/engine mods.

Xial

Established Member
x1 looks man like a night and day difference, Had to mod mine up too performance and cosmetically. Lol

5.0jake

Established Member
--considering--
powder coating the rims darker, charcoal or matte black
20" Alcoas or BMC wheels in chrome for showing during the summer
CAI, tune, headers and throttle body upgrades.

Looks great man huge difference for sure!:beer:

Maybe plasti dip the wheels to see if you really like them dark since powder coating is permanent; although, dark wheels look great with deep impact.
Definitely get a tune and remove the cats. Headers are nice but may be more trouble than they're worth imo. CAI and throttle body are overrated.

S197Probie

Established Member
Beautiful car... Where did you get the striping done? My wife and I have the very same idea for our 2014 GT Ruby Red but in flat black or carbon pattern... The GT idea and everything...

Ductape

Established Member
Thanks for opinions on the wheels. I'm still only in consideration mode. It's very low on priority. Today I ordered the GT500 Axle Backs from LMR.

Ductape

Established Member
Beautiful car... Where did you get the striping done? My wife and I have the very same idea for our 2014 GT Ruby Red but in flat black or carbon pattern... The GT idea and everything...

Thanks!
I took mine to a pro who specialized in wrappers for commercial vehicles and custom car designs. He actually did another Mustang before mine. Phenominal work. It cost alot but for me, worth every penny. Took in several renderings along the line of the current gt500. Told him to eliminate the 500 and stretch out the GT. I am planning on a matte black GT emblem for the front grill as well.

Ductape

Established Member
Looks great man huge difference for sure!:beer:

Maybe plasti dip the wheels to see if you really like them dark since powder coating is permanent; although, dark wheels look great with deep impact.
Definitely get a tune and remove the cats. Headers are nice but may be more trouble than they're worth imo. CAI and throttle body are overrated.

I agree 100% on CAI but am only gonna do that one for show days. Some nice carbon fiber :)

RC-5.0

Established Member
Nice car..I agree with the wheels. If anything, polished or chrome would look great on that color with white. CAI TOGETHER with the Tune will do wonders for our cars. If you need help with putting stuff together for "show" let me know.
RC

dajohu

Established Member
I love the color combo and the wheels just the way they are.

Users who are viewing this thread