Helmet cam video of my friend wrecking his CRF 450R

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
He didn't get hurt, but the video is pretty funny. It's amazing how much you don't see until you watch it in slow motion.

josh launch - YouTube

[youtube_browser]mBK9rlcHkJk&feature=share&list=UUR5E_vX6ybCxJXMjma-fG_w[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good thing he was wearing gear. I remember my first jump I attempted wearing blue jeans and a t shirt. I ended up with rash all over my hips, arms and legs. Never again.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Ya, I'm sure he would have been much worse without all the gear. I really need to get some for myself. All I wear is helmet, gloves and boots.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
When I was into racing I geared up haha. Full suit, boots, chest protector, helmet, goggles, etc... I went the whole 9 yards for that. Just screwing around though I just put my helmet and gloves on. I need to get another fourwheeler some day, I miss riding alot. My friend just wrecked his YZF 450 the other day, about the same way but was going over some whoops, landed on his wrist and broke it.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Usually I keep pushing it until I wreck and then back off a bit.

I'm getting pretty good at getting back up quick and acting like nothing happened before anyone notices. Gotta preserve the ego.

sounds like you ride about the same way i used to. Run harder and harder until you bit it good than back it off 1 click and keep it there.

jleews6

Established Member
I knew he was in trouble when he landed with no power.:lol: Always have the power on when you land. It makes the landing softer and more in control.

jleews6

Established Member
Ya, he's still trying to figure out the whole dirt bike thing. haha

Tell him to head down this way one weekend. I have allot of kids that I help. Im not a pro but have been around moto for 30 plus years. I have helped my son come from a beginner to what he is now in about 3 years.
Here is a couple of clips of my son. Sorry I cant figure how to embed.:shrug:

Cameron Lee 2011 Motocross Clips - YouTube

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Plus for him wearing protective gear. I'm sure he was very happy he had it. Definitely funny to watch it in slowmo. Especially knowing he wasn't hurt.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Tell him to head down this way one weekend. I have allot of kids that I help. Im not a pro but have been around moto for 30 plus years. I have helped my son come from a beginner to what he is now in about 3 years.
Here is a couple of clips of my son. Sorry I cant figure how to embed.:shrug:

Cameron Lee 2011 Motocross Clips - YouTube

I might take you up on that offer for my son. He is 9 and just started riding his crf 80 this past weekend and loved it.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
How far from Lake sugar tree are you? We will be there the last weekend of the month for my son to race his quad in the D13 race.
your son looked bad ass in that video.

jleews6

Established Member
How far from Lake sugar tree are you? We will be there the last weekend of the month for my son to race his quad in the D13 race.
your son looked bad ass in that video.

Thank you I"m very proud of him:-D. We will be at LST for the Halloween race. My son just started riding again after a 7 month rehab after a bad high speed crash that separated his shoulder and required surgery to repair. We are about an hour north of LST.
We are just going out to ride and not expecting a win or anything. Just want to go out and have fun untill he gets his speed back.

Its nice to see you taking time to take your boy racing. If more familys did stuff like this there would be allot less kids in trouble. My son and I have had the best times of our lives at the track. :beer:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Glad he was wearing gear. My buddie rides a Yz125 n he makes everybody on a 250/450 look silly. He has so many trophies. Been wanting a dirtbike I just don't have time as much. Hardly ride my quad tho lol.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thank you I"m very proud of him:-D. We will be at LST for the Halloween race. My son just started riding again after a 7 month rehab after a bad high speed crash that separated his shoulder and required surgery to repair. We are about an hour north of LST.
We are just going out to ride and not expecting a win or anything. Just want to go out and have fun untill he gets his speed back.

Its nice to see you taking time to take your boy racing. If more familys did stuff like this there would be allot less kids in trouble. My son and I have had the best times of our lives at the track. :beer:
I'm gonna take as much as I can get while they are still young. Hopefully they keep enjoying it into their teenage years.

Glad he was wearing gear. My buddie rides a Yz125 n he makes everybody on a 250/450 look silly. He has so many trophies. Been wanting a dirtbike I just don't have time as much. Hardly ride my quad tho lol.
Ya, the rider is waaay more important than the bike.
lol i love my honda 250, that was a wierd way to fall
We have all Hondas and love them. I have a 700XX my wife has a 400EX and each kid have a Honda 90's. We just did a BB, 12-1 Piston, race head, cam and exhaust on my sons. He's gonna get to try it out at a SX race this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread