HELP! 6R80 swap ABS issue

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Ok, this is gonna be short and sweet...

swapped from rom manual to auto. From ecu BLV2 to WYN4. Swapped harnesses and cables, etc. everything ford. Everything is programmed and all DTC's are gone except U201a and U2101.

We have tried different ABS asbuilt codes using 056E and 016A. The PCM is showing my vin number and now showing the car as an auto. Cluster works perfectly and does everything it needs to. Are there any other codes for the ABS that anyone is aware of?

Ive read some say to swap the ABS module and reprogram it and I've had some say that won't do anything and I'll have the same issue after.

Can an anyone shed some insight? I'm trying to get this down pat so for any others out there wanting to swap I can hopefully make it easier for them as well as myself. Any info will help greatly.

Car runs and idles great so far other than that lol

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You're going to need the abs module from the other car. And if they are different years, you may just need a brand new module.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I don't mind buying one as long as that will fix it. If it does and I purchase one, do I program it using the asbuilt code from the car with the vin I used for the trans or info from my asbuilt codes?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Use the automatic as built. Seems the abs modules when first factory flashed store auto or manual and that can't be rewritten. But the vin can. Did a swap between '13 cars and everything was fine. But I put my 13 abs module in a 12 for a swap and it didn't like it. Trying a used 12 auto module in that car before buying a blank new one.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Sweet. When you swapped, transmissions between the two, you swapped abs modules as well? That why there was no issue?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Don't think I PMI'd the BCM for the new ecu. Wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Driving me nuts!!!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Swapped to a new module and tried using my original asbuilt for the abs. Didn't work. Tried swapping to the auto cars abs asbuilt and that didn't work. Dunno if it just didn't take or what. Swapped every asbuilt to the auto cars to see if that would help and nothing worked. I dunno what to do now.

I'm ****ing lost!!!

stang910

Established Member
Not sure if this will help you or not, but when I got my harness and PCM I bought the parts for a car that had the same build date as mine and I even used the VIN from that same car to program the PCM. I've never had any issues since day one and I still have my original ABS module.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Well damn :( I've heard some say the ford IDS may not program the modules if it loads "quickly" and that you may have to do it multiple times?

Wish mine went that easy. Glad somebody's did! That's awesome :beer:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Well damn :( I've heard some say the ford IDS may not program the modules if it loads "quickly" and that you may have to do it multiple times?

Wish mine went that easy. Glad somebody's did! That's awesome :beer:

Correct, if you get a blue progress bar for a couple seconds only, it probably didn't do anything. One option is to unplug the abs module before starting the IDS session. Then hook it up and program.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'll give that a try then. Thank you guys! Hope this works. :beer:

On top of all this, the damn airbag light is on now. Guess it has to go to the dealer ...

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
O she pulls alright!! :rockon: she's really gonna pull with a converter!!! I cannot friggin wait!!!

JTS_7

Established Member
I'll give that a try then. Thank you guys! Hope this works. :beer:

On top of all this, the damn airbag light is on now. Guess it has to go to the dealer ...

My airbag light came on. But I forgot to plug the harness back in under the seat after I had taken the interior out for a track outing. Went away once plugged back in. Not saying that's your issue, just invade anyone else in the future stumbles on this.

It took awhile for my light to come on too.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Another new module and the same damn issue. I don't have enough Beer in the fridge to tackle this issue. I'M ****ING LOST

Users who are viewing this thread