• Other (comment)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • It doesn’t matter…

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraSam

Established Member
Can I ask why you ended up with the Whipple over VMP? I’m close to pulling the trigger myself. Thanks

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Can I ask why you ended up with the Whipple over VMP? I’m close to pulling the trigger myself. Thanks
I don’t like the modification needed to the coolant crossover to fit the VMP. The 2.3 seems to be the perfect size for the power I want. I was close to the VMP but the whipple is what I want.

CobraSam

Established Member
Got ya. I’m gonna research the coolant crossover modification needed. See if it outweighs the benefit of a removable inlet of the VMP. Have fun with that new blower!

CobraCommander_4AM

I know, I know…this has been asked before….

Looking to be in the 650wh range. Street car. I don’t plan to go return style for a while. E85 is possible but 93 is more realistic at least at first.

Knowing how long these blowers have been on the market I figured it would be easy to see what folks prefer now versus 10 year old+ threads.

If anyone is selling any of these, let me know.
I'm trying to figure out a price. Was going to toss it on Ebay.

whipple_01.jpeg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t like the modification needed to the coolant crossover to fit the VMP. The 2.3 seems to be the perfect size for the power I want. I was close to the VMP but the whipple is what I want.

I would like to know, and I'm curious, does the 2.3 hit harder on 93 than the 2650 VMP?
Bigger isnt always better.
I know the the 2.3 Gen 1 VMP was far better for the street ON 93 than a 2.9 Whip. tvs against twin screw design too, so, anyone have real comparisons?

01yellercobra

Established Member
That was one of the turn offs for me as well. But it is an excuse to go with a crossover delete.

silverfox90

I'm trying to figure out a price. Was going to toss it on Ebay.

View attachment 1738114
Any more info on this? The post will not open. Shoot me a pm if you can.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'd go 2.3 tvs, better throttle body options, better pulley options, removable inlet, whines pretty good. They're insane torque monsters.

As for the coolant cross over on the 2.65 it just requires some hammer dings. I don't like to hack up my stock stuff so I bought my buddies cross over that went turbo and clearances it.

CobraSam

Established Member
For me, at least. I’ve decided to find a lightly use tvs 2.3. It’s perfect for me on 93. Hits hard with torque. For where I live it’s perfect for me, dense area so it hard to use 700hp. Already been there with some Foxbodies, wasn’t realistic.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
So...I actually did purchase a supercharger, just not the one I was originally going to buy. I had my mind set on the Whipple 2.3L and almost bought it....however, knowing I will be going E85 and wanting more than 700-750+ I ended up with a brand new KB 2.8L. They are 12 weeks out. I'll start off 18-19psi and eventually go higher once I buy a fuel system (looking at Fore Innovations).

D-MANN

Established Member
So...I actually did purchase a supercharger, just not the one I was originally going to buy. I had my mind set on the Whipple 2.3L and almost bought it....however, knowing I will be going E85 and wanting more than 700-750+ I ended up with a brand new KB 2.8L. They are 12 weeks out. I'll start off 18-19psi and eventually go higher once I buy a fuel system (looking at Fore Innovations).

Wow three weeks for KB as well. Im not sure how accurate TPS Motorsports website is but they are advertising the 2.8 as “in stock”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I'd go 2.65 before 2.8l. It will perform better, again better pulley options, better throttle body options. The removable inlet is nice but KB does offer the detachable base plate so the whole assembly comes off easy.

Users who are viewing this thread