• Other (comment)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • It doesn’t matter…

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobracide

Established Member
There are many other choices, I seriously doubt that there are many Terminator owners left pineing over a relatively small KB blower. Most have already upgraded by now anyways. The vote choices tell you all you need to know.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had my 2.3 tvs on my car since 2014. Awesome little blower. I'm running 21lbs, E85 and long tube headers.

I've recently seen like new 2.3 tvs blowers for sale.

And on 19llbs it seems to whine pretty good, even over the exhaust.

Video below:

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraSam

Established Member
For me the decision is a little easier. We don’t have E85 in this wonderful state of shitheads(Mass), so I’m limited to potential of 93. Not interested in the Torco route either.
Point is, you guys are lucky to have E85 as an option. Then again, let’s be real, 600-650rwhp is more than enough usable power for a street car anyways. But it’s never enough! Been down that road before with my foxbody.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wonder why kb doesn't run another batch of 2.2 I mean the blower design has remained the same forever. They would prolly sell a hundred of them to cobra guys alone.
The reason it screamed so loud is because of how inefficient it was. But that scream is the reason it has the cult following.

There have been a lot of internal changes to the blowers over the years. Rotor design and case design has changed a decent amount.

JMO, but if I had planned on staying on pump gas I was have gone with the Whipple 2.3. I prefer the look of the Whipple over the other blowers. And that I could get it polished. But since I planned on E85 and eventually more displacement I went with the 2.9. It made over 600rwhp on 91 with a very conservative tune. It hasn't seen the rollers since I finished the E85 tune, but I got out on my buddies Cobra that dynoed at 700. Oh, and it has a bit of a whine now that I've turned up the boost a little.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Yes, I get the blowers are more efficient now my coyote cars blower doesn't whine at all. The kb specifically hasn't changed a ton that I know of other then liquid cooled. A lot of us out west are 100 plus miles or more between e85 stations. 91oct is the most likely and won't be running 20+ psi where any blower will whine. I've seen a lot of posts for the 2.2 on the forums and FB. For me in the minority I would sacrifice some power for blower whine. Especially for a polished one those look great.

blownfox

Established Member
Maybe I did something wrong but wouldn't a 2.3 on 93 be pushing 20+ PSI to make 650? Isnt that a lot of PSI for pump gas. I've havent dyno my car on E85 but I dont think I'm making 650 to the rear on VMP 2.3 with a 2.8 pulley.

@Bdubbs thats a nice flat road car sounds good!

Last edited:

DCguy

Established Member
Perfect setup right here........Or a VMP 2.3. For the street on pump gas and staying returnless this is the way to go.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Perfect setup right here........Or a VMP 2.3. For the street on pump gas and staying returnless this is the way to go.

I've been eyeing this and the VMP Gen3R. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger (car is in storage and I'm not sure when I'll be able to even install it). Thanks for looking out!

03' White Snake

Established Member
For me the decision is a little easier. We don’t have E85 in this wonderful state of shitheads(Mass), so I’m limited to potential of 93. Not interested in the Torco route either.
Point is, you guys are lucky to have E85 as an option. Then again, let’s be real, 600-650rwhp is more than enough usable power for a street car anyways. But it’s never enough! Been down that road before with my foxbody.

Depends where in MA you are. There are 3 stations within 20 miles of me in Central MA. All on the PIKE. Both Sides of Charlton and Westboro. There are also stations in Seekonk and near Logan I heard too.

Once you go Corn you won't go back. I built my car to only run on Corn and it is worth it.

CobraSam

Established Member
Thank you for the info. I’m down in Plymouth. I wonder if Plymouth Airport has it?
I guess for me and where I’m located it would be a convenience thing. If I can make 600-650 on 93 and not worry about my E85 losing octane or stressing about filling up, that’s plenty for me.
If I had a station within reasonable driving distance, I’d be all for it however. Who knows, maybe in the future one will pop up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I did something wrong but wouldn't a 2.3 on 93 be pushing 20+ PSI to make 650? Isnt that a lot of PSI for pump gas. I've havent dyno my car on E85 but I dont think I'm making 650 to the rear on VMP 2.3 with a 2.8 pulley.

@Bdubbs thats a nice flat road car sounds good!
Thanks.

I definitely wouldn't run 20+psi on 93. I personally would stay 17-18 psi. I know it depends on elevation, I'm at sea level.

But a 2.8 pulley would get me 19 psi and that's with headers. Otherwise I'd be at 20 psi. That video is with me running a 2.8 pulley. I've since switched to a 2.6 pulley.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had my 2.3 tvs on my car since 2014. Awesome little blower. I'm running 21lbs, E85 and long tube headers.

I've recently seen like new 2.3 tvs blowers for sale.

And on 19llbs it seems to whine pretty good, even over the exhaust.

Video below:

That whine is loud enough! I like!
I’d probably grab it. I don’t need the high HP, but got to love that old blower.
Are you still using the Eaton, Brad?

Stangra

Established Member
I have to drive a bit more to find E85 near me but it's a small price to pay. I make each fuel run worthwhile by filling several extra gas cans when I fill up.
You may have a few options:

Users who are viewing this thread