Votes: 2 6.9%
  • It doesn’t matter…

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I know, I know…this has been asked before….

Looking to be in the 650wh range. Street car. I don’t plan to go return style for a while. E85 is possible but 93 is more realistic at least at first.

Knowing how long these blowers have been on the market I figured it would be easy to see what folks prefer now versus 10 year old+ threads.

If anyone is selling any of these, let me know.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Other, nothing whines like a pullied eaton especially on these newer designed blowers. If you are set on around 650 I'd go with a 2.3 and spin the crap out of it. All the boosted cars I've ran different setups. Little blower spun hard has always ran better then a big blower with a huge pulley, IMO.

CobraSam

Established Member
I’m in the same boat as you. I’m going with the VMP, simply for the removable inlet. Besides that, for our goals, I believe they’re all the same.

DCguy

Established Member
I’m in the same boat as you. I’m going with the VMP, simply for the removable inlet. Besides that, for our goals, I believe they’re all the same.

That's what sold me (and the fact that they were running 15% off on Gen3R head units this past black friday).......$3600 for a Gen3R was hard to pass up.

I held off a while hoping VMP would release a new 2.3 blower with Gen3R technology from Magnussen....that's a perfect little blower for a street car and fits nicely in the engine bay compared to the 2.6-3.0's......

The 2.3's are still getting it done today though....there was a guy recently that put down 800whp on E85, stock heads, 10.8 pistons, and 20psi. What more could you ask for from that little blower...

If they come out with a new 2.3 i'll be selling my 2.65....

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I don’t like the modifications needed to the coolant crossover with the VMP. I’ll probably go with a whipple 2.3 or a KB 2.6. I love the whine of the supercharger and is seriously one main aspect for my love of the Terminator which makes me lean towards the KB.

I currently have a ported Eaton, 2.76 upper and I’m close to 500w. I was going to just put a 4lb lower and go that route but I’m probably going straight to a bigger blower.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Honestly, the smaller 2.3 will feel faster on the street. The big blowers want 20+psi which you cannot do on 93. A KB 2.8 will feel like a dud down low compared to the Eaton. Mine didn’t start to shine or whine til 22+ psi on E85. So if your sticking to pump gas, go with a smaller blower. All of them will make 600 on 93. Stock motor, 93, 18.5 psi, I was making 612hp before going on corn.

Built motor, 22 psi of boost, I make over 800hp on corn now. The smaller blower is not going to do that. Need to have your goals laid out.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm happy with my 2.9.

It was such a dud on low boost that after I walked my buddies built motor with a ported eaton he decided it was time to sell it and get a Supra. And yes, I still give him a hard time about it.

slow98cobra

Established Member
I’m in the same boat as you. I would like to have a nice streetable mid 600whp car on pump. I’m just having a hard time letting go of the scream of the eaton. Crazy as it sounds, I’m honestly thinking about just putting some spray on the car to run with my ported pullied eaton. I have the upgraded Fore hat with improved GT pumps designed for returnless ready to drop in so I can just run e85.

Users who are viewing this thread