Help me create a belt selection resource for everyone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: This is a great idea CobraBob

Originally posted by ghostrydyr
Myself and I'm sure many others that doesn't have a pulley/or combo will use this info. It would also be nice if some of the site sponsors chime in since most of them sell the pullies and belt. I myself will be trying a 2.8 no idler set up with gatorback 740. Thanks again.
Thanks! I agree that input from some of our sponsors would be a big help. In the meantime I'll just hope enough of you guys post to allow me to complete the table. I'm going to update the table shortly, and will update it daily until it's complete.
:)

johng218

Established Member
I have the BF 2.76 and 4 idlers (3-100mm, 1-92mm) the gatorback 74.5 was an extremely tight fit, but I finally got it on. The tensioner was indicating a bit tighter than stock.

The stock belt also fits.

John G.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can see this is going to be a bit more complex than I thought. We have the lower pulley variable, plus the 4-piece idler set, and different size idlers. And some combos can accept more than one belt size. I won't get this 100% but I'll do my best to get it close and cover as many of the variables as possible. I'll add a lower pulley combo table tonight.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I am running a 2.90" RR upper with a metco 100mm auxiliary idler. The stock belt(75 5/8") works great and I recently bought a gates 75.1" that fits well, just a little tighter than the stock belt.

-Jason

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since this is going to take awhile to get near perfect, I'm going to keep researching and gathering data. I will update the tables above as best I can. I can see there is an overlap in some situations, like a 2.80 with 3-piece idler set. So be patient with me and continue to input as much as you can. In the end we'll all be helping others make the right belt choices. :)

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
TTT, 2.80 for the 100mm idler and 2 stock idlers, same as 3 peice set. I ran a 74 on mine with 2.80, 100mm add on, and stock idlers, and same with 100mm add on and 2 90mm metco's.

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Bob, you may want to change the 2.75 , 2.76, and 2.8 to belt size "4080735" for gatorbacks without any idlers. That's what is posted on SFPHQ. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Steven. I'm going to weed through this thread first thing in the morning and update the tables above.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went through 9 pages of posts before I realized it was now stuck. Thanks for sticking it to the top. It will be a bit easier updating it. I will be working on it tonight. And will continue until it's complete.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I'm using a Gates k080740 with a 2.80 RR and (1) Metco Aux. idler.

Before I had a 74" gatorback with a 2.93 pulley, no idlers.

cobra101

Established Member
I have a 2.75RR, 1-100mm idler with bracket, and a gates 74".

My boost drops from 14.7 to 12.7 past 4500rpm. Should I try a gates 73 1/3? (Gates K080733)??

Ps. I made 10 more HP and 20lbs more TQ before I added the idler! Two dynojets on two different days.

Users who are viewing this thread