Help me find a new daily driver, got 30k to spend

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
So its time for a new daily driver. Easy decision, right? Mustang GT or something equivalent. Unfortunately its not that easy for me this time. This car will be a family car shared by my wife and I. That means two things, it will have to have an automatic transmission and it will have to have two side doors too many. With that said, the car must be a new car, must be a car or car-like crossover, and the only other limitation is that I only can spend $30k max.
With these things taken into account I have found myself very limited because I would like to have a sedan that either has great performance or that is geared toward luxury (or as much as 30 grand can buy anyway). I hate Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords, and absolutely boring people movers like that.
So far two cars I am considering (although I know neither is anything too great but better than alot of the others) are the Chrysler 200S (quiet interior, semi-luxury interior, powerful engine w/good acceleration) and the Nissan Juke Nismo (ugly but looks "special", decent handling).

Have any other suggestions of vehicles that might not make me feel too miserable to drive?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
So its time for a new daily driver. Easy decision, right? Mustang GT or something equivalent. Unfortunately its not that easy for me this time. This car will be a family car shared by my wife and I. That means two things, it will have to have an automatic transmission and it will have to have two side doors too many. With that said, the car must be a new car, must be a car or car-like crossover, and the only other limitation is that I only can spend $30k max.
With these things taken into account I have found myself very limited because I would like to have a sedan that either has great performance or that is geared toward luxury (or as much as 30 grand can buy anyway). I hate Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords, and absolutely boring people movers like that.
So far two cars I am considering (although I know neither is anything too great but better than alot of the others) are the Chrysler 200S (quiet interior, semi-luxury interior, powerful engine w/good acceleration) and the Nissan Juke Nismo (ugly but looks "special", decent handling).

Have any other suggestions of vehicles that might not make me feel too miserable to drive?

2013 Kia Optima Turbo, I just got one as a DD and I love it, its safe and fairly quick.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
New Turbo Beetle that 2.0 is stout.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Last edited:

stangposse

Established Member
Why a new car????? You're nuts to buy that type of car new. If you include certified pre-owned cars, you will find out that you can probably find a car you like. I.e. 300C SRT8, CTS-V

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
$30k for a DD?
94-00 honda civic....then go buy a nice pair of shoes.....

UncleDan

Established Member
G8 GT. You can pick up a lightly used one now for $22-23k. Then use the rest of the money for headers,cam torque converter, etc. Will be very drivable and still eat pretty much anything alive that you encounter on the street.

paynecasey

Established Member

2010 Ford Tarus SHO
2009 Pontiac G8 GT

If you're ok with a slight reliability issue
2005 Caddy CTS-V
2008 Chrysler 300C

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
Look no further than the vw diesel tdi or something along those lines. It's luxury, great mpg and a quick ride all in one. I saw them running around 25k when I was hunting around. I'd suggest the Prius since its amazing on gas, but I see you don't want that type of vehicle.

Zemedici

Established Member
G8 GT. You can pick up a lightly used one now for $22-23k. Then use the rest of the money for headers,cam torque converter, etc. Will be very drivable and still eat pretty much anything alive that you encounter on the street.

exactly what popped into my mind.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Why a new car????? You're nuts to buy that type of car new. If you include certified pre-owned cars, you will find out that you can probably find a car you like. I.e. 300C SRT8, CTS-V

I know, not buying slightly used is nuts in this case. But when the wife really wants a new car there is no talking her out of it lol.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
mazda cx-5, they start at 22-23k with all wheel drive and get 31 mpg highway. for 30k you could get one almost fully loaded. also look at the 2013 and 2014 mazda6's, and the new ford fusions (titanium awd with 2.0T)

Users who are viewing this thread