Help me find a new daily driver, got 30k to spend

WeakSauz

Established Member
2013 Escape Titanium with the Ecoboost-- Very good power, style, comfortable, etc. --- Can get around $33k if optioned right.

Taurus SHO (Id get a used 2010-11 or so)

1hot281

Established Member
If you can wait until the 2014 models start rolling out, get the new 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA

2014 CLA - A Future Vehicle from Mercedes-Benz

Projected starting MSRP under $30k

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-class-leaked-image_zps0aa47a8c.gif

5_zps036f5341.gif

2014-mercedes-benz-cla-class-leaked_100414041_m_zpsc6dd1543.gif

You can also look in to the Acura ILX sedan. Starting MSRP is $25k, and the Hybrid version is under $30k.

http://www.acura.com/modellanding.aspx?model=ilx

2013acurailxred_zps25ba0287.gif

2013_ILX_Gallery_int_01_zps9db9c8e1.gif

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member
So its time for a new daily driver. Easy decision, right? Mustang GT or something equivalent. Unfortunately its not that easy for me this time. This car will be a family car shared by my wife and I. That means two things, it will have to have an automatic transmission and it will have to have two side doors too many. With that said, the car must be a new car, must be a car or car-like crossover, and the only other limitation is that I only can spend $30k max.
With these things taken into account I have found myself very limited because I would like to have a sedan that either has great performance or that is geared toward luxury (or as much as 30 grand can buy anyway). I hate Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords, and absolutely boring people movers like that.
So far two cars I am considering (although I know neither is anything too great but better than alot of the others) are the Chrysler 200S (quiet interior, semi-luxury interior, powerful engine w/good acceleration) and the Nissan Juke Nismo (ugly but looks "special", decent handling).

Have any other suggestions of vehicles that might not make me feel too miserable to drive?

2011-2012 CTS. It will still be under warranty, and not feel like a tin can (aka Nissan, Kia, Mazda). Enjoy your search.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
If you absolutely have to have it new, for that much $ I like the looks of those Optima Turbos....

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
If you can wait until the 2014 models start rolling out, get the new 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA

2014 CLA - A Future Vehicle from Mercedes-Benz

Projected starting MSRP under $30k

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-class-leaked-image_zps0aa47a8c.gif

I didnt know those were slipping in below the 30k mark. I am adding that to my list of possibilities for sure. That thing would probably be comfortable and quiet.
Also adding the charger rt that was suggested to the test drive list. Gotta love 370hp bone stock. I'll have to see if the rest of it lives up to the engine.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies so far everyone. They have all been very helpful. My list of possibilities has tripled since posting this thanks to all of you.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I didnt know those were slipping in below the 30k mark. I am adding that to my list of possibilities for sure. That thing would probably be comfortable and quiet.
Also adding the charger rt that was suggested to the test drive list. Gotta love 370hp bone stock. I'll have to see if the rest of it lives up to the engine.

you will love the chassis of the charger!

its the eclass chassis!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
+1 to the charger, absolute great car to drive, very bearable on long trips, gobs of HP and still gets over 20 mpg. My father had a R/T AWD, hell of a car for the $$

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
How many times has this guy posted he wants a NEW car...yet people post G8s (havnt been made in 4 years!) and 05-10 M5s (check out the cost to replace SMG pump!).

AND people post Mustang GT's and Subaru BRZs. He NEEDs a 4door.

The answers are simple:

Ford Fusion SE Ecoboost.
Ford Taurus SEL
Dodge Charger
Acura TSX

All can be had for under $30k

50 Proof

Established Member
2010 Ford Tarus SHO
2009 Pontiac G8 GT

If you're ok with a slight reliability issue
2005 Caddy CTS-V
2008 Chrysler 300C

Nothing unreliable about a 300c. The interior is typical cheap american car quality, tension strut bushings go out around 50k but that won't leave you stranded anywhere. They're pretty solid cars.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Evo X MR. Dual clutch transmission and very quick, plus it's very safe if you are carrying a small family.

Users who are viewing this thread