Help me pick an exciting AWD daily driver thats good in the snow...

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
How about the new Lincoln Continental??? Car is beautiful and has AWD...
I already suggested that one to you earlier...
Also check out the Mazda CX9 Signature. That turbo motor tuned for torque is a fun ride....Mazda (I think) does a good job of making their vehicles more fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but, an 03 or 04 Cobra. I know it's not AWD, but, man, the trunk space on that thing is insane. Not to mention it is pretty much a super car in stock form.

Jeep SRT-8 would take the win.

A sho is not "fast" compared to certain cars like a Panamera, let alone a turbo model.

The new infiniti sedans are nice too, with AWD to boot and they're quick.
Terminators are awesome rides, but not as a daily driver. It's going on 16 years old now, so maintenance is going to be a factor. And the back seat is not really a good option for kids. A 4-door sedan (ie. Charger AWD) makes more sense. I agree that a Jeep SRT-8 is a good option.

I'd opt for a new Explorer Sport AWD with the 3.5 EB. I have a 2016 Edge Sport (2.7 EB) which equals the Explorer Sport in performance, but tuning on the Edge is limited. You have more options, tuning wise, with the Explorer Sport, along with 3rd row seating. The Lincoln MKS would be a good option, too.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The SHO/MKS are fun cars, especially when tuned, but I wouldn't call them sporty. If I were to get rid of my car right now for something "sporty" I would be getting this bad boy: http://oakesauto.com/used-audi-s6-40t-premium-plus-2017-kansas-city-ks-18092

It's right down the street from where I work, so I could certainly check it out for you if you want... However, with 6 kids, I think it's time for a minivan. Look around and see if you can find a MB R63 AMG :)

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just looked up the RST. Is it a joke? C'mon GM.

I did leave the option for OP to grab a regular Tahoe and throw a blower on it. Still would make north of 500hp and be under the radar. Can also carry 5+ kids and tow a house.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I did leave the option for OP to grab a regular Tahoe and throw a blower on it. Still would make north of 500hp and be under the radar. Can also carry 5+ kids and tow a house.
I meant it's a joke that GM would even bother as it seems lame to me. Not you suggesting it. ;)

blk02edge

Established Member
I think anyone who buys a higher priced MB or audi is insane. The resale is just gross and like lexus tech said when something goes wrong....

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think anyone who buys a higher priced MB or audi is insane. The resale is just gross and like lexus tech said when something goes wrong....

I’d steer clear of most MB, BMWs...late models Audi’s appear to do better than their German peers in the reliability column. I’d still want one that had CPO/warranty and stay away from older Audi’s. I really like the S6/S7 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread