Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
LoL... Only in SVTP does a house like this get ranked a 3 and below...

I give it a 5. Awesome set up, would live there in a heartbeat.

So much this.

Everyone must live in huge mansions and wipe their ass with hundi's.

Grats on the new purchase OP! I'd take that house anyday of the year

He asked "Curb appeal" not baller status rating.
I love the inside but "Curb appeal" to me is a 2 at best.
Why?
The colors, the rock color trim around garage doors looks horrible and last but not least the garage in the front.
Don't know who started this trend but the front of any house looks horrible with big garage doors up there. Seems like they build them all like this now.

Just my opinion.

Jack

Established Member
He asked "Curb appeal" not baller status rating.
I love the inside but "Curb appeal" to me is a 2 at best.
Why?
The colors, the rock color trim around garage doors looks horrible and last but not least the garage in the front.
Don't know who started this trend but the front of any house looks horrible with big garage doors up there. Seems like they build them all like this now.

Just my opinion.

You're pretty much spot on... I didn't post the rest of the home's pictures at first because there's no doubt in my mind that the interior is simply spectacular. The exterior is still somewhat a "meh" for me. But I'm hopeful that with some landscaping and other tweaks, the exterior will improve. Otherwise, I'm fine with exterior being the way that it is, since I'll spend 99% of my time indoors and I know I stole the house (price wise).

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I'm not quite digging the color of the stone but still a 4 for curb appeal it has nice architectural detail IMO. Inside looks very nice, hard wood floors are definitely the way to go and a 3 car garage is always good.

Jack

Established Member
For comparison, there's a house with an almost identical floor plan about 2 miles away. It's smaller at 4K sqft (most of the rooms are a few feet smaller) and doesn't have many of the upgrades.

That said, the exterior is a definite 5. However the interior is a 3 or 4 IMO.

Oh, and the house on the right, even though it's smaller and has far fewer upgrades, sold for $129K more than what we paid for the one on the right. It's also in the the adjacent town which has obscene taxes. $6K more in annual taxes than the one we bought, even though they share the same schools and park district. :eek:

Here's a side by side:

UX3NlOY.jpg
HiMcCBB.jpg

yxgT91T.jpg
SNJRh1I.jpg

7gBBBPp.jpg
8qdCoyY.jpg

AtwobBZ.jpg
4XdtIK9.jpg

cWcbnTS.jpg
9oOOcd8.jpg

TugS3dx.jpg
XbNE4GN.jpg

5ngPVBc.jpg
phbqPaf.jpg

0ZXP9sp.jpg
COCDFsG.jpg

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
The exterior colors of the 2nd one is more appealing IMO, but it has lots of carpet...

Those calling the curb appeal a 2 should post their pads :)

zPipes

Established Member
Absolute 5. You are lucky to be able to have such a nice home. The exterior is amazing, very beautiful. Unique design ftw.

My94GT

Established Member
i gave it a 4. the nice thing is you could take the money you saved and buy some more appealing garage doors and change some trim colors on the outside of the house if you really wanted and it would pull the stone and brick together very well. i personally dont find it that bad looking and i love the lay out with the garage in the front. the interior, well thats nothing short of spectacular.

beautiful house sir! i hope you and your family enjoy it for some time to come. :cheers

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Got any land or a view?

I think the 2nd home you posted has better curb appeal based on the colors and more stonework.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
The interior is not bad but I'm not much on the outside shape of the house itself, being the garage jutting out like that. Not into the rock color or the roof looking to be the same color as the brick on the house.

MysticRob

Established Member
Jack, how much did this place cost anyway? Like you, I'm from the BA and I want to torture myself on what kind of mansion I can get if I could only talk the wife into moving. I'd give the outside of the place a 2-3. Red brick always looks great, and I'm hoping that oddly colored yellowish stonework can simply be redone in a slate or grey color. That would look much better.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I voted 2.

the dormers do not flow with the rest of the roof. They almost look like an afterthought. The rest of the roof lines are sharp, and the two dormers have rounded roof lines. Also, the color combo is very odd. I like the style of the house, minus color and those wierd looking dormers.

the interior gets a 5, but I can't see that from the curb. Great looking woodwork.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
The colors are not my taste but aside from that it's a 4-5. The interior is definitely the shining area of this house, looks like it was done well and done right. The detail in the kitchen cabinets say high end home. I'm sure they are custom builds, crown mold, finished end panels, corbels and columns. contrasting color for the island, these all say high end. Think you can be proud of this property. Congrats.

Question, is it hickory on the floor? And what wood species of cabinet? Alder maybe?

Blown 89

Established Member
That's a 1.5-2 million dollar home in my neighborhood and it's curb appeal is ten times nicer than most of the houses showing on Redfin. For Arizona that's amazing seeing as how most of our houses have horrific styling.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Put it this way, less than a third of what my house in Alamo cost.

The floors are a rustic walnut, not sure on the cabinets. I'll have to take a closer look today.

Shit now I'm really jealous. Walnut is what I wanted, had to settle for teak.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
It looks expensive, but not very well put together IMO.

Like a color blind person took a bunch of cool ideas, mashed them together, and ended up with a Frankenhouse.

That being said, I would be more then happy to live there. The inside looks fantastic.

Last edited:

SixPak

Established Member
Fugly

Colors do not work from the curb.

If it were in Texas you would be in for some serious foundation issues unless you had some stout piers underneath.

Still Fugly.

You ask for my opinion, otherwise I would MMOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread