• 1 - Ugly

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Established Member
On a scale of 1 to 5, please rank the curb appeal of the house pictured. with 1 being ugly and 5 being outstanding.
Please keep in mind the picture has some sort of yellowish filter on it.

Thanks in advance!

UX3NlOY.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i said 2...i dunno wtf is going on with the stone/brick mix but it doesnt work for me (im also not a brick fan to start with) and the little area to the right looks like sand and weeds

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I'd say it's a 3 that's almost a 4. I think with some landscaping on the right side of the lawn plus some real wood garage doors, it'd be a strong 4 for sure.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
3.5 for me.

Could get into the 4's if the next owner redoes the stone veneer and brickwork into something a bit more modern/appealing.

jrandy

Established Member
I gave it a 3... the colors are not meshing well with me IMO.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
3 for me. The stone doesn't look bad, but the out of place accents over the garage and that random stint wall at the corner of the garage are a little "WTF?".

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'd say a strong 3. Landscaping is garbage and I'm on the fence about the stone work

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Since were talking strictly curb appeal, I say 2. Its an impressive house in terms of layout I suppose, but the colors don't seem to mesh well.

Granted, it looks like someone put a lot of money into stonework and its probably immaculate compared to what many people live in, but side by side with other houses in a neighborhood of similar sized, well landscaped homes, it'd be the ugly duckling. I mean, curb appeal is also relative to other homes in the neighborhood, so if it isn't jaw dropping by itself then I can't imagine it doing better in a nice neighborhood, of course it'd look like the Playboy mansion and have all the neighbors drooling in some areas of the country.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Is this the part where OP admits he is the owner and chose said colors and landscaping?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
WTF is up with the little bullshit window above the garage doors. Looks out of place.

Assuming a bedroom is there and necessary egress has to be provided. My mind can't quite decide if its out of place or not, but I guess if I have to question it then it probably is odd.

Zemedici

Established Member
I gave it a 5, I love it: it's different.

I don't give a flying **** about landscaping because I'm going to have someone do that anyway. Circular room (car recall for the life of me what they're called) in the middle of the house? Outstanding. I would live there, for sure.

3 car garage? I'm in.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
OP should tell us about the debate and why were ranking this house otherwise I say add poll option for "don't give a ****, move to SD".

CobRoush-00

Established Member
When we talk curb appeal, we should be able to see the property from the curb. Part of the front lawn and the landscaping is missing in the picture. Therefore it's hard to tell. As far as the house I probably would not have gone with the yellowish color of the stone work to match the brick wall. Other than that, great house. But it's all a matter of taste. I gave it a 3.

jbs$

Established Member
It does not work for me, however, if the house plan worked, I would try to drive the price down, then fix it with paint and siding.

Rct851

Established Member
Dark wood garage doors would look great. Not sure about the shingle color. The dormers look odd being rounded at the top with the rest of the roof having gable peaks . Landscaping could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread