• 1 - Ugly

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Established Member
Sorry to leave you guys hanging... here's some background: We closed on the house this morning. Wife loves the curb appeal, I'm not sold on the exterior, the brick, stone, roof and siding colors just don't wow me.

I relented because the interior is exactly what I wanted. This was the builder's home (he built several homes in the sub-division) and he loaded it with every option/upgrade imaginable. it has a full unfinished basement ~2K Sqft with 9.5 ceiling and a separate entrance from the garage that's not in the photos. The garage is an oversized 3 car with 12 foot ceiling and a workshop area. The kitchen is just awesome and the master bedroom, sitting room and bathroom are perfect. The window above the garage is actually the toilet room in the master bath.

The house sat on the market for over 6 months, because there's still some new construction in the sub-division. We made a low ball offer on the house, for the hell of it, and they countered slightly above that. It's one of the largest homes in the subdivision at 4,500 sqft and we purchased below new construction prices, which don't have half as many of the upgrades.

anyhow, here are some more pics.

yxgT91T.jpg

lGIjj8E.jpg

7gBBBPp.jpg

AtwobBZ.jpg

cWcbnTS.jpg

REcSL0h.jpg

lot7QtK.jpg

TugS3dx.jpg

5ngPVBc.jpg

xj9RBVm.jpg

0ZXP9sp.jpg

38vaBZa.jpg

jbs$

Established Member
The back is better than the front. Interior looks very good, original comments stand. Good luck with your new home.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I love it! Beautiful house! Congrats!

Badass_Forever

Established Member
your grass needs some TLC, 4500SQFT jesus, i live in a 3600sq home and its so over sized for even me!

Jack

Established Member
your grass needs some TLC, 4500SQFT jesus, i live in a 3600sq home and its so over sized for even me!

The house sat empty all summer and the landscaping paid the price. I'm not concerned about the landscaping, I know I'll have it looking great come spring time.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hey, if the boss is happy, that's 99% of it. So, use it as leverage, go out and but a new car to your liking… lol.

Seriously - Congrats, hope it provides your family with much comfort, happy memories, and family joy!

StangingAround

Established Member
I think the house looks fantastic. If there is one thing I didn't like it's the garage layout as I'm not a fan of cars blocking the home. In any matter, congrats on a kickass house.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the inside is awesome...I could live with it if the price was as good as it sounds

CSD

Banned
On a scale of 1 to 5, please rank the curb appeal of the house pictured. with 1 being ugly and 5 being outstanding.
Please keep in mind the picture has some sort of yellowish filter on it.

Thanks in advance!

UX3NlOY.jpg

I'd give it a 3.

The two windows on the roof look silly. One directly over the garage and the other over the front door. They don't flow with the house and look out of place. Less is more..

The stone work looks like the yellow brick road from Wizard of Oz. The landscaping needs attention but that's an easy fix.

On the flip side, the inside is a 5.

Congrats on the home purchase :thumbsup:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Assuming a bedroom is there and necessary egress has to be provided. My mind can't quite decide if its out of place or not, but I guess if I have to question it then it probably is odd.

Posted via Topify using Android

It could just be some light/air for an attic storage area or therer might be more windows on the other side making it "better as a reason to have one there. OP, does it have more windows on the other side?

Jack

Established Member
I'd give it a 3.

The two windows on the roof look silly. One directly over the garage and the other over the front door. They don't flow with the house and look out of place. Less is more..

The stone work looks like the yellow brick road from Wizard of Oz. The landscaping needs attention but that's an easy fix.

On the flip side, the inside is a 5.

Congrats on the home purchase :thumbsup:

Thanks. The interior is what sold me.

The windows serve a purpose. The one above the garage is for the toilet room and above the door is for the foyer.

The yellow stone is a local yellow limestone found in several historical buildings. It's actually a premium stone, but I agree, it doesn't flow well with exterior.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Damn! :eek:

Baller status for sure. I'd give to have a house like that in 30 years.

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
That's a nice ****in' shack and I, for one, think the curb appeal is pretty strong. I gave it a 4.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
The yellow stone looks good, but the red brick and roof wash into each other. I think it would look better if the roof was grey and the brick was some color of earthly brown or red, IMO.

Catfood

Established Member
I would build my house around my garage. I dislike the tight angle to get into the garage. Also the roof should not match the brick so close. It's a nice house tho.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I gave it a 3. I like the metal balusters on the railing.

Hopefully it's on some land, not just a .25 acre or so.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Solid 5 after checking out the interior shots. Beautiful home, conograts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread